collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 26359 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2022, 12:28:29 PM »
Mark Halsey shame he’s not involved anymore.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2022, 12:29:17 PM »

I take it we're into the realms of surrealist humour now?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2022, 12:32:31 PM »
Mike Dean? Kevin Friend?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »

Yes he could dummy a FK for Ronaldo like he did for Henry in front of the Holte.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2022, 01:22:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/Anton1963/status/1480925560553496587

Breaking Transfer News...Man United have rejected Aston Villa's £25,000,000 bid for referee Michael Oliver

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »
A few days on and i am still raging about that fecking ref and VAR team.
I know we should expect it (we even joke about when the pen is going to come as its that obvious) but it still sticks in me for days after.

We really need to be fired up from the off on sat and smash these pricks. You watch if we come out firing then we will start to pick up yellows to stop us and if not we will lose a man - i can see it now

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2022, 06:54:59 PM »
I know we should expect it (we even joke about when the pen is going to come as its that obvious) but it still sticks in me for days after.

We really need to be fired up from the off on sat and smash these pricks. You watch if we come out firing then we will start to pick up yellows to stop us and if not we will lose a man - i can see it now

Its funny as when i was up there on Monday night i couldn’t really tell what happened, bad habits where i tend to follow the ball, my son on the other hand had seen Cavani go flying. So i just felt sort of deflated when it was disallowed, as there was confusion about why it was disallowed (fans held in contempt with lack of info a wider issue).
Last night i watched the game back on the iplayer and two things struck me. I still thought we were the better team, but in reality we had about a 15 spell in the first half and about 20 mins in the second half when were on top, outside of this, not a lot happened.
The second thing was the VAR decision. Gerard doesn’t  want to make excuses and i really liked his ‘we’re nearly good enough’ anslysis, so as supporters we probably shouldn’t grasp onto excuses either. But…but that was fecking disgusting. Not that they even pulled up Ramsey for standing still, but that wasn’t what VAR were looking at in the first place, it was the third option to cancel the goal.
Im usually quite calm, but i’m getting hyped for Saturday already, i hope we batter them ala boxing day 1989, with God and Platt destroying them.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2022, 07:53:09 PM »

Its funny as when i was up there on Monday night i couldn’t really tell what happened, bad habits where i tend to follow the ball, my son on the other hand had seen Cavani go flying. So i just felt sort of deflated when it was disallowed, as there was confusion about why it was disallowed (fans held in contempt with lack of info a wider issue).
Last night i watched the game back on the iplayer and two things struck me. I still thought we were the better team, but in reality we had about a 15 spell in the first half and about 20 mins in the second half when were on top, outside of this, not a lot happened.
The second thing was the VAR decision. Gerard doesn’t  want to make excuses and i really liked his ‘we’re nearly good enough’ anslysis, so as supporters we probably shouldn’t grasp onto excuses either. But…but that was fecking disgusting. Not that they even pulled up Ramsey for standing still, but that wasn’t what VAR were looking at in the first place, it was the third option to cancel the goal.
Im usually quite calm, but i’m getting hyped for Saturday already, i hope we batter them ala boxing day 1989, with God and Platt destroying them.

Same. I've had supporters of all other clubs message me since the game saying what a disgrace it was. Even my Man Utd supporting mate (a season ticket holder for 15 years) who normally will justify everything they do has kept a very low profile on the group chat. Even when I was slating the decision from this most recent game and the previous 4 games he didn't bite. Told me everything.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2022, 07:58:59 PM »
Same. I've had supporters of all other clubs message me since the game saying what a disgrace it was. Even my Man Utd supporting mate (a season ticket holder for 15 years) who normally will justify everything they do has kept a very low profile on the group chat. Even when I was slating the decision from this most recent game and the previous 4 games he didn't bite. Told me everything.
[/quote]
My Man U supporting friend simply wrote "A travesty!"

Offline LeonW

« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2022, 08:00:41 PM »
[/quote]

Did he mean it was a travesty that it was given in the first place? These Manc reds and their red glasses.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »

Did he mean it was a travesty that it was given in the first place? These Manc reds and their red glasses.
[/quote]

He meant the result

Offline LeonW

« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »

He meant the result
[/quote]

I was certainly that. Seeing some of our players on their knees at the end says everything. However, we do need to be more clinical and we need to manage the officials better.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2022, 08:31:19 PM »
Fuck these fucking fuckers as never have a fucking team of fuckers deserve a right real fucking as these cnuts

richtheholtender

« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »
Delighted to announce that my ticket for this game arrived this morning

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2022, 11:50:51 PM »
I applaud all those who went to this game. Watching on the telly, I was fuming at the decision. (Carol had to move the table with the wine glasses out of the way, just in case they were disturbed by a flailing boot.) To have paid good money to watch that farce would have been unbearable!

I also wish to apologise for calling Oliver the best ref in the Prem a couple of years back. That's two years running now he's stuffed us at the Theatre of Cheats.

My compliments to those with a sense of fair play who are objective enough to explain why they thought the goal was correctly disallowed. Even if they are right, why does it take five fouls from Luke Shaw before he can be booked. Ramsey commits one and is immediately shown the yellow card. The bias could hardly be more blatant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal