collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by olaftab
[Today at 03:49:33 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 26834 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2022, 04:42:18 PM »
I thought it was an opportunity for Gerrard to go absolutely ballistic. Let the ref send him up into the stand and make a complete scene. Maybe that's a bit old school but Oliver might think twice again about throwing us under the bus like that again.

From what I recall from last night, we had a good 10-15 min spell after it on the pitch but couldn't get the goal.

Offline Bostongbboy

« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2022, 04:47:19 PM »
We have used the Brian Clough method of being respectful to the referees over the years,  now perhaps as LeonW as suggested get into the referees face allegedly as per Fergie and the rest of his “professional” entourage .

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2022, 04:50:27 PM »
I thought it was an opportunity for Gerrard to go absolutely ballistic. Let the ref send him up into the stand and make a complete scene. Maybe that's a bit old school but Oliver might think twice again about throwing us under the bus like that again.

From what I recall from last night, we had a good 10-15 min spell after it on the pitch but couldn't get the goal.

Nah, we can blame VAR and the referee but if he did that it deflects from the problem and makes it all about him.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2022, 05:00:58 PM »
We have used the Brian Clough method of being respectful to the referees over the years,  now perhaps as LeonW as suggested get into the referees face allegedly as per Fergie and the rest of his “professional” entourage .

I don't like it but I'm also sick of us being in this position over and over again ad nauseum.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2022, 05:11:55 PM »

Nah, we can blame VAR and the referee but if he did that it deflects from the problem and makes it all about him.

Plus, he's trying to raise standards and expectations of the players, he's not going to give them the excuse of blaming VAR. We should have been out of sight by half time.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »
Absolutely. We just need to win. It was a shit decision, but it didn't make the result, that was our profligate attacks.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2022, 05:35:48 PM »
After some therapeutic, if virtual, kicking the catI thought we played really well last night (except for the goal, natch). Particularly the midfield, tackling well and passing quickly and passing forward.

Having said that, it’s hard not to feel aggrieved at the disallowed goal. That was a complete clusterfuck by the officials.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »
I honestly think we’ll hammer them on Saturday, and im more or less still teetotal this month. Sanson in for McGinn, Coutinhio in for Ings id guess

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2022, 05:38:51 PM »
Please Villa  - just smash the fuckingbastardcheatingcunts on Saturday

If we cannot be wound up for the game and suitably motivated to give extra after that shit show of officiating and cheating by them  - then we never will

Amen.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2022, 05:39:38 PM »
With it being a 5.30 pm KO and a lot of pissed up people  - another unjust decision could well result in disorder.   

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2022, 05:43:16 PM »
I'd like to ask everybody to give a little extra to tough guy McTominay on Saturday, was so brave in flying in on Ramsey when he was stuck in the corner then giving him a mouthful while he was down on the ground.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2022, 05:46:30 PM »
With it being a 5.30 pm KO and a lot of pissed up people  - another unjust decision could well result in disorder.   

Nah, can't see Ol' Red Nose traveling down for this one.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2022, 06:17:03 PM »
The thing is you can see it happening again on Saturday.  They are not even trying to hide the favouritism these days.  Penalty would be my guess as they haven't had one of those against us since well September.

We've got to change; we've got to have players, manager, club officials, all piling on the pressure when decisions are made. And we've got to start drawing attention to decisions. We can't rely on the system because we know it doesn't work.

We should be educating our players and manager on the rules so that they can directly challenge the referee during and after the game. Then, tell the media what the referee said during the game because we're getting no transparency as to why decisions are made. For home games, we need to show replays of bad decisions on the big screens whether it's allowed or not to whip the fans and our own players up when they see faults. And we need to continually draw attention to that fact over and over and over again as to why we don't hear what is being discussed. The media will lap up the controversy as it means that they don't have to do any work. Give them the soundbites. Give them details as to what the referee has said on the pitch. VAR is not going to change so we have to put the pressure on the officials to make sure they are afraid on making the wrong decision. I do not care one bit if it makes us disliked because nobody gives a damn right now when we're playing ball.

Oh for the halcyon days of JT managing the games and the awe struck referees in the Championship.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2022, 06:17:49 PM »

Nah, can't see Ol' Red Nose traveling down for this one.

Just in case, how are the stocks of Bell's in Brum post-Xmas?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal