collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26382 times)

Offline KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »
A bit off topic but I didn't know where to post it. Upper Sutton Street was closed at the bottom after the game whilst CPR was performed in the road on some poor soul. The ambulance blue lighted past us so there must have still been life but I haven't seen anything about it. I just hope that it was a good outcome. Puts football into perspective.

There is more on that here (I assume it is the same incident)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59551991
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:37:10 PM by KNVillan »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2021, 07:01:57 PM »
A bit off topic but I didn't know where to post it. Upper Sutton Street was closed at the bottom after the game whilst CPR was performed in the road on some poor soul. The ambulance blue lighted past us so there must have still been life but I haven't seen anything about it. I just hope that it was a good outcome. Puts football into perspective.

I drove past after parking near the Bartons, there was a Police van blocking the road off Park Lane, I wondered what had happened.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2021, 07:56:15 PM »
He got the Bob Wilson treatment and it got to him. It was very funny, I was singing it doing the dishes when I got home.

I hope you’re not neglecting the caravan.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2021, 08:02:48 PM »
He got the Bob Wilson treatment and it got to him. It was very funny, I was singing it doing the dishes when I got home.

I hope you’re not neglecting the caravan.

Ha ha that’s never going to be forgotten

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2021, 08:34:43 PM »
Fuck off the pair of ya.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2021, 09:19:35 PM »
There isn’t that much anti Small Heath chanting at matches this season. Have they now finally officially become irrelevant to us?

In previous matches the ‘Small Heath get battered everywhere they go’ one has been pretty ubiquitous, but obviously wouldn’t have been appropriate yesterday. Yesterday I heard a couple of times that a few seemed to be trying to start an anti Blues chant, but they gained no traction. No one wanted that yesterday. It was Arthur’s day.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2021, 09:55:22 PM »
I think singing to Kaspar "You're just a s*** Peter Schmeichel" might have been fun.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »
How’s Kasper’s hand today? He was supposed to be getting it “checked” wasn’t he? because it was so sore. He even suggested an X-ray might be required. My thoughts are with him at this difficult time. Puts everything into perspective, etc…

Made me laugh this did
Stop laughing... the boy could have been killed. (please read in an Alex Ferguson tone)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2021, 10:32:55 PM »
Perhaps the laws of the game should be clear and not require the application of the rules of interpretation applicable to an Act of Parliament being considered by the Supreme Court. 

Exactly.

Another point is the goal was given, and the law is ambiguous at best, especially in this context. Therefore, how does VAR conclude that there is a 'clear and obvious error' to correct?
Not sure what you two are on about as there are ONLY 17 simple laws governing a game of football :o.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2021, 10:48:47 PM »
As a former goalkeeper (until the age of 16 or so, when I stopped growing and started playing right back) I think goalkeepers should be protected.

But as a former goalkeeper I also think that, because I was kicked in the face hundreds of times whilst having the ball in both hands, and the opponents faced no punishment, I kind of want other people to share my suffering.

I'm aware the rules have changed since I last played any kind of football, but if I'd been Schmeichel, I would've expected that goal to stand.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2021, 11:01:39 PM »
Schmeichel's attempts in the Villa area late on in the game show exactly how little contact they are normally allowed to have.  In short, he went down easier than a $5 whore from what was nothing more than a bit of gentle roughing, and had the temerity to appeal for a penalty. Mwahahaha.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »

I drove past after parking near the Bartons, there was a Police van blocking the road off Park Lane, I wondered what had happened.

We heard last night that the man is a friend of my husband's from his tennis club. The message is "he is in a bad way". Fingers crossed for him.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2021, 10:35:46 AM »
Son was on about Keir Draper last night,use to manage bromsgrove sporting years ago, didn't realize it was down the Villa till now, lovely person

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2021, 09:37:08 AM »

We heard last night that the man is a friend of my husband's from his tennis club. The message is "he is in a bad way". Fingers crossed for him.

He is now stable in City Hospital and awaiting a heart bypass.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2021, 11:04:14 AM »
Proper bloody heroes those guys that stopped and gave CPR.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal