collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26816 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »
They've got Tielemans out, who I reckon is one of the best midfielders in the PL, and also Fofana who had a good season last year.

Agreed, Tielemans is their best player by a distance and Fofana being out has ruined their defence.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2021, 10:46:37 AM »
My missus thought the "you fat bastard" chants at him all game were the height of hilarity.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2021, 11:41:05 AM »
No surprises that Gallagher thinks it was the correct decision, even though they didn't quote the full law.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2021, 11:44:19 AM »
They've got Tielemans out, who I reckon is one of the best midfielders in the PL, and also Fofana who had a good season last year.

Agreed, Tielemans is their best player by a distance and Fofana being out has ruined their defence.

Tielemans is a top top player.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2021, 11:45:18 AM »
Martinez 8 great save
Cash. 5 like Sterling , Barnes gave him a torrid time and his use of the ball in attack was poor
Mings 7 had a couple of Mingses
Konsa 7 would be higher but was poor for their goal
Young 7 used his experience and was pretty fired up.
Luiz 6. Never got going
SJM 8 all action and drive the team on
Nakamba 9:5. Imperious what a turnaround, been fantastic over last couple of games
Buendia 7 shows flashes but worrying he is the only contributor from the greasy cash
Ramsey 7 needs to have an end product from his ball carrying,
Ollie 7 lots of energy but poor decision making in the box

I would agree on all the ratings apart from Konsa.
He wasn't at  exactly at fault for the goal exactly, rather it was a good bit of skill by Barnes.

Surely you have to score him more than Mings as he scored both goals.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:48:23 AM by mrfuse »

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
I think MOTD 2 asking the premier league for clarification about it not applying if keeper has made a save and them not responding said it all.

They know Oliver didn't call it correctly so will likely be a fudge statement in next day or two.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »
Poor first half.  Superb second half.
Lovely meltdowns from the Crisp munchers.

Despise Villa. Cheating scum every time they play us constantly diving, and we fall for it every time. We need to be a lot more cunning and ruthless against this mob, they will cheat constantly ...
So, this is the sort of comment that really grinds my gears. According to the Grauniad's website, we conceded 8 fouls; Lesta 25. Yes, 3 times more from Lesta than Villa.
When I used to ref, if a team consistently fouled I'd tell the team captain that the continuation of rotational fouling would result in a yellow card for him. It usually worked.
Michael Oliver was delinquent yesterday; a disgrace, in fact.

And presumably 3 of our fouls were Ramsey scoring, Watkins not being through on goal and McGinn shooting Ndidi

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2021, 11:46:48 AM »
How’s Kasper’s hand today? He was supposed to be getting it “checked” wasn’t he? because it was so sore. He even suggested an X-ray might be required. My thoughts are with him at this difficult time. Puts everything into perspective, etc…
In the post match interview he said that he will be OK for the next match as he has often played with an injured ego...I mean hand.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
Yep.  Insisted that ball was grounded even though Warnock proved it was actually off the ground.  Gallagher argued that Ransey was challenging for the ball before striking which wasn't allowed.  No mention of the exception which is the real issue.  No one disputes that the rule says that one hand on the ball in contact with the ground is dead.  To just ignore the exception however is a cop out.  I know we went on to win the game but it still pisses me off that there seems to be a "its only Villa" attitude.  I suspect Mr Gerrard will put an end to that.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2021, 12:00:27 PM »
I'm guessing Schmeichal will miraculously be able to play vs Napoli.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »
I'll be very surprised if there's not a re-write for that rule. Very poorly written and very unambiguous.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
I'll be very surprised if there's not a re-write for that rule. Very poorly written and very unambiguous.

Yeah, sympathised with the officials on that one. As they made it, they would've known it was a decision they'd get pilloried for regardless.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2021, 12:04:48 PM »
At what point did it stop being having made a save and become collecting the ball? I do think the manner of his motion, hand coming down directly onto the top of the ball, makes me feel he was at the latter stage. I'd be angry if similar was ever not given for Martinez.
The three points will help me avoid any sleepless nights over the matter.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2021, 12:05:58 PM »
Yep.  Insisted that ball was grounded even though Warnock proved it was actually off the ground.  Gallagher argued that Ransey was challenging for the ball before striking which wasn't allowed.  No mention of the exception which is the real issue.  No one disputes that the rule says that one hand on the ball in contact with the ground is dead.  To just ignore the exception however is a cop out.  I know we went on to win the game but it still pisses me off that there seems to be a "its only Villa" attitude.  I suspect Mr Gerrard will put an end to that.

The hand or foot on the ball rule is clearly there to stop people kicking it from under their foot when they're getting ready to make a goal kick or whatever. When they've barely touched it after the ball has hit them or they've made a save, the exception "except when the bule rebounds from the goalkeeper or when the goal keeper makes a save" clearly mean that the ball is there to be won.

Using the definition applied by the twat ref and VAR, if there's a bad back pass from a player, and a striker nips in and robs it off the keeper, then the goal would have to be disallowed.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
My missus thought the "you fat bastard" chants at him all game were the height of hilarity.

It was like the 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s have never happened. Or like being at Molineux, which amounts to the same thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal