collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26853 times)

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2021, 08:19:19 AM »
The Ramsey goal has really fucked me off. Did it feel like a goal watching it? Yes. Obviously the ref felt so too as he gave it. Only when he's shown a still frame of GK's glove on the ball does he disallow it.

In that moment he's forgotten the rules because VAR has fucked with his head. They should watch/ be shown every angle slow and full speed of the entire sequence. Had he done that he might have remembered the actual rule.

Now they've opened up any keeper to fumble the ball but if any part of the keepers body is touching the ball they're now saying you cannot challenge for it.

That's not a rule anybody wants and not what it actually is. It the exact same situation as the city offside goal now, I fully expect a "clarification" to be circulated within the next few game days.

Oh yeah and I still remember Nyland with both hands either side of the ball and Billy sharps studs up flying kick into the back of the net being allowed.

Fuck me how can get they get video technology so wrong.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »
Martinez 8 great save
Cash. 5 like Sterling , Barnes gave him a torrid time and his use of the ball in attack was poor
Mings 7 had a couple of Mingses
Konsa 7 would be higher but was poor for their goal
Young 7 used his experience and was pretty fired up.
Luiz 6. Never got going
SJM 8 all action and drive the team on
Nakamba 9:5. Imperious what a turnaround, been fantastic over last couple of games
Buendia 7 shows flashes but worrying he is the only contributor from the greasy cash
Ramsey 7 needs to have an end product from his ball carrying,
Ollie 7 lots of energy but poor decision making in the box

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2021, 08:35:24 AM »
Stale, that's how I'd describe Lesta yesterday. Already they've a team full of players that constitute an 'old guard'. Threatening at rare times but never surprising, even their goal had a massive slice of good fortune in the build up. I'm not saying they're immediately heading back from whence they came, but without a major rebuild I can see them pretty soon yearning for those heady days of back to back fifth place finishes.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2021, 08:38:34 AM »
Stale, that's how I'd describe Lesta yesterday. Already they've a team full of players that constitute an 'old guard'. Threatening at rare times but never surprising, even their goal had a massive slice of good fortune in the build up. I'm not saying they're immediately heading back from whence they came, but without a major rebuild I can see them pretty soon yearning for those heady days of back to back fifth place finishes.
To be fair they have some very good players missing.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2021, 08:39:39 AM »
I reckon when Dermot Gallagher reviews later on in ref watch he will yes Michael Oliver and VAR DID know the rule but could still award a foul if they deemed the Jacobs challenge was ungentlemenly conduct, or dangerous because Schmeichel's hand was on the ball. A total rewriting of reality based on split second still.  What he won't do is say the officials made a mistake

Offline The Edge

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2021, 08:41:57 AM »
Poor first half.  Superb second half.

Lovely meltdowns from the Crisp munchers.

Awful just awful. Nacho needs to start. Rodgers lost the plot. Time to **** off

Brendan Rodgers couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery

To lose to Villa is absolutely dogshite not good enough.

Just really getting bored of how weak we are at set pieces it's so obvious, hurts even more because villa really aren't even good this season losing grealish and barkley has turned them into a shitter version of burnley.

Wow we’ve just been had off by a team managed by Steven Gerrard. Could be me done this. Might just go and support Coalville.

What an absolutely terrible 2nd half. Villa are shit as well.

Despise Villa. Cheating scum every time they play us constantly diving, and we fall for it every time. We need to be a lot more cunning and ruthless against this mob, they will cheat constantly so you have to get right on the refs case immediately or they will give them everything
Wow. Football fans are all one eyed to a certain extent but these lot are different gravy.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2021, 08:52:48 AM »

Despise Villa. Cheating scum every time they play us constantly diving, and we fall for it every time. We need to be a lot more cunning and ruthless against this mob, they will cheat constantly ...
So, this is the sort of comment that really grinds my gears. According to the Grauniad's website, we conceded 8 fouls; Lesta 25. Yes, 3 times more from Lesta than Villa.
When I used to ref, if a team consistently fouled I'd tell the team captain that the continuation of rotational fouling would result in a yellow card for him. It usually worked.
Michael Oliver was delinquent yesterday; a disgrace, in fact.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2021, 08:55:45 AM »
The problem with VAR (well, one of the problems) is that when the ref is called over to the monitor, they are shown one angle at ultra slowed down speed.

Well in this case they didn't need the ref to look at the monitor just read the rules.
Exactly.Also those slow most should be banned. It's not a true reflection of anything. Watch anything in slow motion and its just a distorted version of events. Let them look at the different camera angles but cut out the slow motion replays it's nonsense. Oh and read the rule book.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2021, 08:56:54 AM »

Awful just awful. Nacho needs to start. Rodgers lost the plot. Time to **** off

Brendan Rodgers couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery

To lose to Villa is absolutely dogshite not good enough.

Just really getting bored of how weak we are at set pieces it's so obvious, hurts even more because villa really aren't even good this season losing grealish and barkley has turned them into a shitter version of burnley.

Wow we’ve just been had off by a team managed by Steven Gerrard. Could be me done this. Might just go and support Coalville.

What an absolutely terrible 2nd half. Villa are shit as well.

Despise Villa. Cheating scum every time they play us constantly diving, and we fall for it every time. We need to be a lot more cunning and ruthless against this mob, they will cheat constantly so you have to get right on the refs case immediately or they will give them everything
Wow. Football fans are all one eyed to a certain extent but these lot are different gravy.

Chortle

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2021, 08:59:41 AM »
So, without repeating everyone else's eulogies to Marv, SJM and Emi 1, I'd like to share some other observations:
- Chuky offered us an out-ball yesterday, every bit as effective as Joe's. 3 times, he picked up a clearance and held the ball, before either drawing the foul or turning the opponent. I think that is a wonderful option for the team to have when under pressure.
- Ashley Young's defensive capabilities were stretched yesterday. I love his game management, but he was a weak link in the first half and was played a little deeper in the second, to better effect.
- Cash is obsessed with shooting on goal. I have made this point before but since his goal earlier in the season he seems to want to shoot at every opportunity; not usually very well. Just STOP IT, Matty!
- Both fullbacks need to go into an intensive crossing clinic.
- Buendia is almost starting to click, now: his energy and ability to see the pass / the space are excellent: somehow he needs to be made more robust.
- Young, Luiz and Watkins slowed the game down at times when we needed to ball moving more quickly.

A brilliant day, in the end.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:12:15 AM by Mister E »

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2021, 09:00:32 AM »
Has anyone seen a replay of Evans going down when Watkins went through? Was it a foul or another one to add to the "ref is a useless ******" list

Add it to the the list for the gormless twat.

I was watching on my phone, and my 10-year-old looked over my shoulder as Michael Oliver appeared on the screen. "I don't like that referee". He knows.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/32461/12484575/aston-villa-vs-leicester-city-live-highlights
That's the first time I've seen the disallowed goal. What utter bullshit that is from the officials. Shocking interpretation of the rules game.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »
I think a second or so later and the ball would have slipped out from Schmeichael's grasp anyway.

Leicester seem to be at the ideas above their station phase, will chase out Rogers and gradually decline.

Remember they stitched up all the local businesses St Johns etc. when they walked away from their debts and didn't compensate them even after winning the league. No class.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
I think Rogers is a very good manager but it’s funny how things change quickly

A few weeks ago he was one of the favourites for the Man United job
Now a lot of his own fans want him out

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2021, 09:28:22 AM »
As reliant on Grealish as we were Leicester has relied for the past few years on a now ageing forward who I can't remember touching the ball in the last twenty minutes after coming on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal