collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26817 times)

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2021, 07:42:36 PM »
The problem with VAR (well, one of the problems) is that when the ref is called over to the monitor, they are shown one angle at ultra slowed down speed.

Well in this case they didn't need the ref to look at the monitor just read the rules.

I predict this will be the second time in a year that the rules will be “clarified” after a big VAR decision goes against us.

Clearly the rule isn’t designed to let the keeper claim he had control of the ball in the act of making a save. I’m actually interested to know if they address it publicly, or a quiet clarification will go out in the next week because we won and it’s not a big deal…

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »
I see the fraud in a waistcoat was at the game.

Merely to confirm his opinion that Ezri is one of the worst English centre halfs in the Premier League?

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »
There’s control and there’s a tenth of a second with the ball under your palm. It’s bollocks.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »
There’s control and there’s a tenth of a second with the ball under your palm. It’s bollocks.
If Schmichael had that under control then Ramsey wouldn't have been able to get a shot away

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2021, 07:49:05 PM »
That disallowed goal worked a treat.It fired up the crowd with some excellent Schmeichel shithousery.As good as the Everton match for atmosphere .

It was interesting being there as they showed the incident on the screen which I don’t think they are supposed to do, so it had the effect of firing up the crowd more than it otherwise would have I think.

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2021, 07:50:06 PM »
I’ve got no complaints aside from Dougie first half, he’d been excellent 2nd half against Man City too. He did pick up second half in this one as well. I thought everyone else ranged from half decent to outstanding with Marv MOTM. I’m optimistically thinking Gerrard and his team are the real stars of the show now though.

Schmeichel is a ****** isn’t he?

Not really. Seen him interviewed several times and seems like a decent and thoughtful chap. I’m all for the pantomime booing though, clean fun!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 07:54:38 PM by RichardBatchelor »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2021, 07:50:41 PM »
‘AVFC Aston Villa are Magic.  We all agree Leicester City are tragic, are tragic, are tragic.’

Offline frank black

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »
The problem with VAR (well, one of the problems) is that when the ref is called over to the monitor, they are shown one angle at ultra slowed down speed.

Biggest issue I have with VAR now is that it’s  purely shown to the armchair viewers. They get to see the instant replays and actually realise what is being discussed. We on the other hand have to stand there like melons wondering what the hell is going on. Actual spectators are 2nd class citizens.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2021, 08:01:22 PM »
9 points from Palace, Brighton, Man City and Leicester is some going, especially considering how poor we were prior to that. I thought Nakamba was exceptional today. In games gone by, I always thought his touch was a little heavy and he could be a bit clumsy with his challenges, but of late his passing is crisp, accurate and well-weighted. Whatever they're feeding him now, feed him more. I thought he was Man of the Match for us.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
I’ve got no complaints aside from Dougie first half, he’d been excellent 2nd half against Man City too. He did pick up second half in this one as well. I thought everyone else ranged from half decent to outstanding with Marv MOTM. I’m optimistically thinking Gerrard and his team are the real stars of the show now though.

Not really. Seen him interviewed several times and seems like a decent and thoughtful chap. I’m all for the pantomime booing though, clean fun!

I thought he gave a decent interview afterwards, told it from his POV as he would. 

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2022
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2021, 08:11:28 PM »
Seems to be a trend of great second halves. Think Gerrard and co work out the opponents first half, change things around at half time then Whammo!

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2021, 08:12:36 PM »
That was something else wasn't it? A great win.

Thought we started really sloppily and were giving the ball away too easily. Fortunate to only concede one before the break and thought the crowd were a bit flat first half.

Then we have a goal disallowed with Schmeichel the ham actor staying down like he'd been hit by a train and boom, the team and the fans ignited.

Great pantomime booing of Schmeichel which seemed to get to him. He took as long as he could away from his goal at the start of the second half because he knew what was coming. His kicking was off and the fans energy was a major factor in that second half.

Thought McGinn was sensational as was Nakamba. Great double from Konsa. It's good to see our defenders getting amongst the goals.

Our most satisfying win this season bar Manchester Utd. Just a great fighting performance.

Fantastic.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 08:14:12 PM by Bobby Boy »

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »

I thought he gave a decent interview afterwards, told it from his POV as he would. 

Did he mention how he miraculously recovered from a broken hand about 2 seconds after the VAR intervention?

Or how Ramsey’s foot never actually made contact with that broken hand?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
It explains his terrible kicking in the second half. He was still in agony from the near fatal injuries Ramsey had inflicted.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2021, 08:16:40 PM »
Great performance and a fantastic win against Leicester. We are going very nicely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal