collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa pre match thread  (Read 14895 times)

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
Re: Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa pre match thread
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
Not sure if this has already been commented upon (so apologies if so) but our referee on Saturday is Michael Salisbury who is doing his first ever PL game after one season in the championship. Even the Premier League appointments website has spelt his surname incorrectly. He was described as producing one of the most inept displays ever seen by an elite official after the West Brom v Fulham game and in his first 7 games this season had shown 5 reds and 20 yellows. Perfect.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2021, 04:47:02 PM »
https://www.11v11.com/teams/aston-villa/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Crystal%20Palace/

Truly is a bogey ground for us. They don't seem to have much joy at Villa Park either.

So our record down there (all comps) is W3 D9 L10. Not quite as bad as the Emptyhad but nearly.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2021, 05:13:34 PM »
Not sure if this has already been commented upon (so apologies if so) but our referee on Saturday is Michael Salisbury who is doing his first ever PL game after one season in the championship. Even the Premier League appointments website has spelt his surname incorrectly. He was described as producing one of the most inept displays ever seen by an elite official after the West Brom v Fulham game and in his first 7 games this season had shown 5 reds and 20 yellows. Perfect.

How the fcuk has he got promoted then ?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2021, 05:15:29 PM »

I'd still prefer him to Kevin Friend.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2021, 07:38:17 PM »
This is an early start for a pre-match thread but happy to run with it.
That's the spirit!

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2021, 08:00:03 PM »

Friend still hasn't reffed us in a competitive game since that Palace game.

That's quite a punishment. Unless we've asked for him specifically not to ref our games.

Having said that at least he wasn't telling Watford players he wanted an assist for letting play continue for their first goal in the opening game of the season...

Mike Dean. A character he is.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »
It’s mad the hex they seem to have over us. The only time I can remember (kind of) beating them was the title winning season. Just remember lying on the floor in front of the telly watching the scores come in and it was 0-2 or 1-2 Villa. Vince Hilaire probably scored for them in my badly remembered scenario!

We did beat them 1-0 with a Benteke goal. Probably about 2013

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2021, 10:00:01 PM »
It’s mad the hex they seem to have over us. The only time I can remember (kind of) beating them was the title winning season. Just remember lying on the floor in front of the telly watching the scores come in and it was 0-2 or 1-2 Villa. Vince Hilaire probably scored for them in my badly remembered scenario!

We did beat them 1-0 with a Benteke goal. Probably about 2013

It was 2014. Previous victory to that was 1980 with Gary Shaw scoring the only goal.
Over the years going to Selhurst Park has been like going to Old Trafford. Victories set decades apart and the home fans have similar accents.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2021, 10:20:00 PM »
Just had my palace ticket holder father in law round .  He says Palace are hopeless against set pieces and the goalie dont come for crosses , great shot stopper mind.

He said 1-1   

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2021, 10:31:27 PM »
If only it was just smug grins. They'll be in full piss take mode for at least a week!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:39 PM »
They don't like Danny Ings playing against them.
5 goals in 7 games, including 2 last time out in May.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
Ref for Palacce is Lancashire referee Michael Salisbury making his Premier League debut.

In the Championship this season he's given 20 yellow cards and 5 reds in his six games.  Are those the stats you need to be promoted to the PL?  Ruin most of your 6 games and dish out cards like sweets?  No idea which of our players are walking the card tightrope (McGinn I'd guess?) but they'll need to be careful on Saturday. 

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »
Just had my palace ticket holder father in law round .  He says Palace are hopeless against set pieces and the goalie dont come for crosses , great shot stopper mind.

He said 1-1

Matty Cash to the touchline, calling Matty Cash (and his towel) to the touchline.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2021, 11:18:00 AM »

Friend still hasn't reffed us in a competitive game since that Palace game.

That's quite a punishment. Unless we've asked for him specifically not to ref our games.

Having said that at least he wasn't telling Watford players he wanted an assist for letting play continue for their first goal in the opening game of the season...

Mike Dean. A character he is.

That’s a good spot re Friend. He’s reffed Liverpool games 8 times since that Palace game, but not once for us. I hope he never does again. C***.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2021, 11:18:30 AM »

ah well, at least we’ll have VAR to over turn any clear and obvious errors…. Mmm…

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal