collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Watkins, Ings, both or neither?  (Read 44055 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Watkins, Ings or both?
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2022, 10:35:22 PM »
I only watched the last 20 minutes but it was as clear as day we needed more midfield control and that it wasn’t working up front.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2022, 10:37:37 PM »
It does not work and is not going to work. SG needs to decide how we are going to attack.
I am expecting that when Coutinho arrives he will pick one not both.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2022, 10:38:00 PM »
I only watched the last 20 minutes but it was as clear as day we needed more midfield control and that it wasn’t working up front.
You kind of missed the whole essence of the match

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »
On current form my answer to this question would be neither, if we had a reliable replacement.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:49 PM »
Give Archer a chance. 15-20 mins as a sub if Ings and/or Watkins are not producing the goods. That is what he should be on the bench for.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2022, 11:27:48 PM »
On current form my answer to this question would be neither, if we had a reliable replacement.

That's where I am, sell them both in the summer and buy a real proper striker. Love Ollie for his effort but once again he could hit a cows arse. His lack of control is another factor. Ings I'm still struggling to see exactly what type of striker he is. Maybe we're not playing to either of their strengths but for all the moaning about VAR tonight Ollie missed a hatful that you'd expect most decent strikers to bury. Even Patrick Bamford.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2022, 11:35:12 PM »
With better service incoming, it’s got to be Ings for me - Much better finisher than Ollie.
Bring Ollie on as sub for Ings, to terrorise tiring defenders in the latter stages of the game, and hopefully pick up a little goal scoring form

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2022, 11:39:50 PM »
Ings did well at Brentford but was atrocious tonight. Just a complete passenger. At least Watkins was creating chances and making chances for himself. If the Saudis at Newcastle or anyone really were to offer us most of our money back for Ings, we should be getting rid. Just the wrong man at the wrong time.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2022, 11:40:45 PM »
Ings made plenty of good runs and also scored. He ran out of gas and I'm not convinced they should play together.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2022, 11:44:28 PM »
Ings did well at Brentford but was atrocious tonight. Just a complete passenger. At least Watkins was creating chances and making chances for himself. If the Saudis at Newcastle or anyone really were to offer us most of our money back for Ings, we should be getting rid. Just the wrong man at the wrong time.
Ings did play well against Brentford. Any coincidence he was playing lone striker and running onto those Buendia through balls?
Now imagine that but three-fold with a supply line of Coutinho, Bailey and Buendia 👌🏼

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2022, 11:47:47 PM »
Atrocious?   You are having a laugh..aren’t you??

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2022, 11:59:41 PM »

Watch 45-70 minutes for control. You're not likely to see a more one sided game between those 25 minutes.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2022, 12:12:59 AM »

Watch 45-70 minutes for control. You're not likely to see a more one sided game between those 25 minutes.

We created a lot of chances tonight with both Ings and Watkins in the team, regardless of the opposition. So I for one wouldn't completely give up on it. With Coutinho arriving I don't think we'll see it much again anyway.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2022, 07:26:48 AM »
Ings is a more clinical goalscorer than Watkins, Ollie offers more running down the channels but he misses to many chances for me. He should have buired that chance last night that hit the bar, can't remember the last time we had a striker that hit the woodwork so much.

Offline enigma

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2022, 07:40:06 AM »
Ings is a more clinical goalscorer than Watkins, Ollie offers more running down the channels but he misses to many chances for me. He should have buired that chance last night that hit the bar, can't remember the last time we had a striker that hit the woodwork so much.
He's got some way to go until he matches Saunders in that regard.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal