collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Watkins, Ings, both or neither?  (Read 44082 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Watkins, Ings or both?
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2022, 08:05:37 AM »
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but linked with arsenal and rumours that he was taken out of the squad last minute. Thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel which to me means we could do better.

I saw what i presumed was just clickbait nonsense about Arsenal and Watkins. However, i was a little disconcerted with Gerards pre match interview, where he seemed to fudge the rxact readon Watkins was out. Probably nothing.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2022, 09:24:58 AM »
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but linked with arsenal and rumours that he was taken out of the squad last minute. Thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel which to me means we could do better.

I saw what i presumed was just clickbait nonsense about Arsenal and Watkins. However, i was a little disconcerted with Gerards pre match interview, where he seemed to fudge the rxact readon Watkins was out. Probably nothing.

He's just been very careful not to exactly divulge who's out with Covid, even if it's obvious. Not an approach I happen to agree with, but that's all it was.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2022, 10:58:44 AM »

He's just been very careful not to exactly divulge who's out with Covid, even if it's obvious. Not an approach I happen to agree with, but that's all it was.

Agreed.  It seems pretty daft too when Gerrard says "we have a number of players out injured, with covid, and suspended" - we know who's suspended and the club tell us who's injured.  So it doesn't exactly need Hercule Poirot to work out who's got covid (or are self-isolating because they're not jabbed)!!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2022, 03:17:27 PM »
I don't understand the secrecy around players about who has tested positive for Covid. It's a pandemic - everyone has either had it, knows someone who has had it or will catch it as some point. It's not like it's chlamydia or something.

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »
Trying not to show up the idiots who still refuse the jab.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »
I don't understand the secrecy around players about who has tested positive for Covid. It's a pandemic - everyone has either had it, knows someone who has had it or will catch it as some point. It's not like it's chlamydia or something.

Yes it is. And I would like to put on record that I have never had Covid.

Offline dekko

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »

Maybe something to do with medical records being private?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2022, 06:47:32 PM »

Yes, but the Covid protocols mean it's the only one of those three reasons where you can be SURE if someone is going to miss a certain game.  The isolation period for a positive Covid test is fixed.  So I totally understand why the club's position is to not confirm ANY covid cases, because it gives opposition information we'd rather they didn't have. 

Admittedly, if the game is a week away it doesn't tell them much, but I'm perfectly happy with the approach that we don't tend to identify covid cases.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2022, 07:03:28 PM »
Trying not to show up the idiots who still refuse the jab.

You can have the jab and still get a positive result though.

It's not difficult to work out though and since we don't know when they first tested positive, you can't know when the isolation period ends.

Watching an NFL game last night and the commentators seemed to know who was vaccinated and who wasn't. I'm not suggesting that's necessary but does highlight a difference between cultures. Just seems odd when you can pretty much work out who's tested positive when you see team sheets.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2022, 09:48:47 AM »

Yes, but the Covid protocols mean it's the only one of those three reasons where you can be SURE if someone is going to miss a certain game.  The isolation period for a positive Covid test is fixed.  So I totally understand why the club's position is to not confirm ANY covid cases, because it gives opposition information we'd rather they didn't have. 

Admittedly, if the game is a week away it doesn't tell them much, but I'm perfectly happy with the approach that we don't tend to identify covid cases.

Totally agree Smithy

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2022, 11:07:19 AM »

People's tone about this seems somewhat different to the feelings expressed on Smith doing similar...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2022, 10:28:24 PM »
Playing both at the same time does not work, Steven.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2022, 10:30:26 PM »
Amen to that.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2022, 10:32:21 PM »
Never both again. Ings was pulling a train last 20 mins when we needed to be pressing them hard from the front. Poor decision to start them both and even worse not to change it.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2022, 10:32:23 PM »
How many times do we have to prove this point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal