collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356670 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2340 on: January 26, 2022, 09:41:48 PM »
other ******, what was his name, the waster we sent to Reading? .

Aaron Tshbola?

Think he came from Reading and ending up in Scotland at some no mark club.

Mind you I am in Amsterdam on the day lockdown eased, and a few bevvies in so could be wrong.

Bentacour looks like a good signing to me, especially at a reported £20m less than for Bissouma.

One article I read earlier said we would get Bentacour now and then go back for Bissouma in the summer.

was that in the Express though ?

Might have been.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2341 on: January 26, 2022, 09:46:55 PM »
other ******, what was his name, the waster we sent to Reading? .

Aaron Tshbola?

Think he came from Reading and ending up in Scotland at some no mark club.

Mind you I am in Amsterdam on the day lockdown eased, and a few bevvies in so could be wrong.

Bentacour looks like a good signing to me, especially at a reported £20m less than for Bissouma.

One article I read earlier said we would get Bentacour now and then go back for Bissouma in the summer.

was that in the Express though ?

Might have been.

yes I saw something similar but was a bit dubious about the source 

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2343 on: January 26, 2022, 11:36:09 PM »
Still talk of Kamara too. I do wonder if Gerrard will try and get both, because Kamara can play in the back 4 as well as holding midfield.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2344 on: January 26, 2022, 11:51:12 PM »
Still talk of Kamara too. I do wonder if Gerrard will try and get both, because Kamara can play in the back 4 as well as holding midfield.

There does seem to be talk of us trying to get both and possibly Dougie heading out. Time will tell.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2345 on: January 27, 2022, 10:43:11 AM »
You feel that Sanson is nearer to the exit than Dougie.  He's not getting much game time and his reaction to being subbed probably wouldn't have endeared him to Ste VG.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #2346 on: January 27, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »
An analysis of what Bentancur could bring to our midfield.
https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/QwCeps0MX0uah6cq87S5Tw/Show/Who-is-Rodrigo-Bentancur-The-missing-piece-to-the-Aston-Villa-midfield

Interesting stuff - Bissouma is the monster of breaking up play. We're light in that department (it shows), but Bentancur would beef it up a little and I'm sure if we gave him that remit and trained him more in tackling he could do a decent job. I do wonder about the speed vs Italy though.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2347 on: January 27, 2022, 11:10:48 AM »
You feel that Sanson is nearer to the exit than Dougie.  He's not getting much game time and his reaction to being subbed probably wouldn't have endeared him to Ste VG.

I don’t know. The reaction bit has been explained and Gerrard seemed comfortable. I think Sanson is more in competition with JJ and SJM, than Doug. I don’t want Doug to go, but his contract has about 18 months left? If he’s indicated he won’t extend (no idea if that’s the case) then we probably are open to a sale.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #2348 on: January 27, 2022, 11:39:15 AM »

I don’t know. The reaction bit has been explained and Gerrard seemed comfortable. I think Sanson is more in competition with JJ and SJM, than Doug. I don’t want Doug to go, but his contract has about 18 months left? If he’s indicated he won’t extend (no idea if that’s the case) then we probably are open to a sale.

Multiple sources saying that we've already knocked back a £30m bid for Luiz from a premier league team and that Arsenal are interested. If we could get £35m plus for Luiz it wouldn't be bad business.

Offline Grocer

« Reply #2349 on: January 27, 2022, 11:41:30 AM »

I haven't read the whole thread so am not 100% certain on the type of players Bentancur and Kamara are, but is there a chance that we are looking at the following:
- Bentancur to replace Doug (i.e. if he is not signing a new contract/we have decided he will leave by the summer at the latest)
- Kamara/Bissouma/AN Other as to fill the current defensive midfield gap (competing with Marv)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2350 on: January 27, 2022, 11:41:51 AM »
I wouldn’t want to sell, but if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal I can see why we would.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #2351 on: January 27, 2022, 11:43:27 AM »

Multiple sources saying that we've already knocked back a £30m bid for Luiz from a premier league team and that Arsenal are interested. If we could get £35m plus for Luiz it wouldn't be bad business.

I'm a fan of Luiz' and would be sad to see him go. £40m and it starts to make sense but only if we've signed a DM already, which seems like it's going to be tight to do. Like a lot of the team, we're now in a position where upgrades on the current squad are going to be either hard to come by or very expensive.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2352 on: January 27, 2022, 11:45:07 AM »
They wanted Sanson before, allegedly. Can't we sell them him for a cut price £30m? I'd rather keep Doug.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2353 on: January 27, 2022, 11:48:03 AM »

I'm a fan of Luiz' and would be sad to see him go. £40m and it starts to make sense but only if we've signed a DM already, which seems like it's going to be tight to do. Like a lot of the team, we're now in a position where upgrades on the current squad are going to be either hard to come by or very expensive.

We're also at a point in our development where we might willingly sell good players, who are reasonably popular with the fans, in order bring in slightly better players to give us the marginal gains we need to move up the table.

We've always lost good players, yes, but it's generally been done reluctantly.  We are hopefully at a point in our development as a club where we might see us proactively moving on players we actually like, who do a reasonably good job, simply because we think we can replace them with better.  I guess that's a fact of life for clubs looking towards the top end of the table, rather than just surviving.  But it doesn't feel very 'Villa' yet.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #2354 on: January 27, 2022, 11:52:18 AM »

We're also at a point in our development where we might willingly sell good players, who are reasonably popular with the fans, in order bring in slightly better players to give us the marginal gains we need to move up the table.

We've always lost good players, yes, but it's generally been done reluctantly.  We are hopefully at a point in our development as a club where we might see us proactively moving on players we actually like, who do a reasonably good job, simply because we think we can replace them with better.  I guess that's a fact of life for clubs looking towards the top end of the table, rather than just surviving.  But it doesn't feel very 'Villa' yet.

Couldn't agree more. that's where we need to get to. we're probably just about there too in terms of stage of development, we just haven't quite shown a track record of being able to do it yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal