collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356557 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2370 on: January 27, 2022, 02:32:10 PM »
Yeah, me too, he's class.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2371 on: January 27, 2022, 02:38:10 PM »
Aston Villa don’t intend to offer more than €22m (including bonuses) for Rodrigo Bentancur, with Juventus wanting €30m. A halfway agreement cannot be ruled out. Bentancur, whose wages would be doubled, has not yet said ‘yes’ to joining.

He's reportedly on £75k a week at Juventus. I can't see us offering him £150k until he's shown he can deliver.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2372 on: January 27, 2022, 04:29:43 PM »
Luiz is only 23 and doing a very good job for a team in transformation. If we sell him it will be another regret adding to our long list of regrets.
i agree, I think his best days are yet to come. But if he won’t sign a new contract then we need to sell him in the summer.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2373 on: January 27, 2022, 04:59:03 PM »
Luiz is only 23 and doing a very good job for a team in transformation. If we sell him it will be another regret adding to our long list of regrets.
i agree, I think his best days are yet to come. But if he won’t sign a new contract then we need to sell him in the summer.

Yes we would in that circumstance

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #2374 on: January 27, 2022, 05:04:16 PM »

Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz has taken to Instagram to announce his relationship with Aston villa women's player Alisha Lehmann

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10448513/Aston-Villa-midfielder-Douglas-Luiz-womens-player-Alisha-Lehmann-confirm-relationship.html

he's going nowhere

Offline murgsy

« Reply #2375 on: January 27, 2022, 05:08:43 PM »
I am ambivalent about keeping/selling Luiz. I still think we have not seen th best of him because our midfield has not been balanced. But if you said we were adding B Kamara and R Betancur and selling Luiz - I would not be too dissapointed.

What does D Luiz offer that our other midfielders currently don't? He isn't a DM, box to box or playmaker. I woudl argue McGinn is much more consistent and still getting better....

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #2376 on: January 27, 2022, 08:03:29 PM »
I am ambivalent about keeping/selling Luiz. I still think we have not seen th best of him because our midfield has not been balanced. But if you said we were adding B Kamara and R Betancur and selling Luiz - I would not be too dissapointed.

What does D Luiz offer that our other midfielders currently don't? He isn't a DM, box to box or playmaker. I woudl argue McGinn is much more consistent and still getting better....

I would have to argue quite strongly about McGinn being consistent, he's all over the gaff sometimes and passing stats are not the best this year. Imo he's the weakest of our midfielders atm

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2377 on: January 27, 2022, 08:24:14 PM »

I would have to argue quite strongly about McGinn being consistent, he's all over the gaff sometimes and passing stats are not the best this year. Imo he's the weakest of our midfielders atm

I’d concur with this view. In the Gerard system I think Sanson or Luiz would outperform him in that right hand side 8 role. But the shirt is McGinns to lose.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2378 on: January 27, 2022, 08:35:55 PM »
Dusan Vlahović has now signed for Juventus. So I expect we might see us moving forward with the deal for Bentancur if that's who we want. They will want to recoup some cash.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2379 on: January 27, 2022, 08:40:00 PM »
I’m of the view Bentancur is a smokescreen for something else. But I know nothing just a feeling in me waters.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2380 on: January 27, 2022, 09:29:18 PM »
Absolutely 100 % this. I can’t believe the amount of people on here who seem willing to release one of our better players.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2381 on: January 27, 2022, 09:35:42 PM »
I’m of the view Bentancur is a smokescreen for something else. But I know nothing just a feeling in me waters.

Hope it's not gout

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2382 on: January 27, 2022, 09:37:55 PM »
I don't think it's possible to get gout in one's waters. Needs a joint to crystalise around.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2383 on: January 27, 2022, 09:49:02 PM »

You obviously missed McGinn's effort at Everton. Shocking. I'm struggling to remember his last 8 or 9/10 performance for us. Maybe that Wolves defeat?

He needs to move out of midfield and fight with likes of Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey for a spot further up the pitch. Not working at all for him or us in a 3. If we got that top holding midfielder in maybe we could switch to a 4231.

Sanson and Traore need to impress soon I think or else will be moved on.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #2384 on: January 27, 2022, 10:42:46 PM »

Hope it's not gout

I’m currently medically signed off from flying for a few weeks with Gallstones. I would sincerely hope that it’s not those too. I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal