collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 361550 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2250 on: January 25, 2022, 03:27:52 PM »
The offer from Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur has arrived. He is now negotiating with us.

I like the idea that the offer arrived carried upon a sedan chair with heralds, and the player will discuss details over a large feast in honour of the distinguished guests.
If all is agreed the King of Sardinia will approve the transfer and agree to support our annexation of Staffordshire.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2251 on: January 25, 2022, 03:32:37 PM »
I would be happy to sign Joe Gomez.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2252 on: January 25, 2022, 03:36:51 PM »
I would be happy to sign Joe Gomez.

I'd much prefer Villa to sign him darren.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2253 on: January 25, 2022, 03:43:31 PM »
The offer from Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur has arrived. He is now negotiating with us.

I like the idea that the offer arrived carried upon a sedan chair with heralds, and the player will discuss details over a large feast in honour of the distinguished guests.
If all is agreed the King of Sardinia will approve the transfer and agree to support our annexation of Staffordshire.

That's what will happen but I can see a stumbling block if Gerrard has to marry one of his daughters. 

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #2254 on: January 25, 2022, 04:22:17 PM »

I like this..made me chuckle

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2255 on: January 25, 2022, 04:51:41 PM »
From my Juve supporting mate:

"Bentancur in the last two seasons has played very badly most of the time, he's not bad but sometimes very lazy.

McKennie don't like it at all, tactically he's a goat, just runs a lot."

Goes against the quote from the article 'Bentancur has the ability to protect the back four effectively due to the hard yards he puts in.' I mean to play the amount of games he has done for the best team in Italy over the last few years and already have 45 caps for Uruguay (if I remember correctly) at a pretty young age then he must be decent. If anything he feels much more out of reach than recent signings.

It does indeed but my mate hasn't missed a Juventus game in decades. Gregg Evans on the other hand..

Ha, yeah, although I know a few people who watch us week in week out and they talk absolute bollocks.

Seems my mate is not alone in not rating him. Looks like Gerrard will have his work cut. A few pages here right up to the weekend when he had a good game (as the Villa were there to see him or not).
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/rodrigo-bentancur.42992/page-222

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2256 on: January 25, 2022, 04:59:41 PM »
Without wanting to impugn the calcio smarts of your mate, RCF, but I'm taking everything Juve fans say with a grain of salt at the mo. All of my Juventista friends (and too many are, sadly) seem to be under the impression that all the players are terrible, this is the worst Juve side ever, Allegri's had a tactics lobotomy in the last two years, Dybala's a waste of space, there are anti-Agnelli conspiracies etc etc.

Not that your pal is wrong, like I say, and whenever I've watched Bentancur he's seemed fine, not extraordinary, hardly the next Kanté. But Juve at the minute is a bit like that scene in The Thick of It where Tucker describes the mood in No. 10 as everyone sitting around pointing at each other and saying 'You! YOU gave me this disease!'. No wonder they're absolutely flinging money at Fiorentina for Vlahovic just to lighten the mood.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2257 on: January 25, 2022, 05:07:29 PM »
It’s hard to know what to believe and who to trust. Petrov is adored here and he advocated for Tonev. We have brought players in with solid reputations that have failed or not done as much as we all thought. We have brought players with iffy reputations and they have excelled or certainly given us a lot more than we thought we were getting. Buying players isn’t a perfect science. Much like the NFL where teams blow their load on first round picks that bomb out for any number of reasons but find the 7th round pick from a year ago turns into a star.

I have no idea if this bloke is precisely what we are looking for but he’s played at an elite team, a regular contributor at international level and apparently recommended by a bloke Gerrard knows. Plus we have our own scouts on it also.

Does that guarantee success? No. But he may not be as bad as is being made out by Juve fans who seem to be fucked off with just about everything right now. And entitlement does that. See Man U fans as another prime example.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2258 on: January 25, 2022, 05:18:08 PM »
Without wanting to impugn the calcio smarts of your mate, RCF, but I'm taking everything Juve fans say with a grain of salt at the mo. All of my Juventista friends (and too many are, sadly) seem to be under the impression that all the players are terrible, this is the worst Juve side ever, Allegri's had a tactics lobotomy in the last two years, Dybala's a waste of space, there are anti-Agnelli conspiracies etc etc.

Not that your pal is wrong, like I say, and whenever I've watched Bentancur he's seemed fine, not extraordinary, hardly the next Kanté. But Juve at the minute is a bit like that scene in The Thick of It where Tucker describes the mood in No. 10 as everyone sitting around pointing at each other and saying 'You! YOU gave me this disease!'. No wonder they're absolutely flinging money at Fiorentina for Vlahovic just to lighten the mood.

The only thing I'm interested in is whether he's the defensive midfielder we've been searching for these last 10-15 years. When I read numerous comments about his brain farts, his poor passing, etc I get a little bit nervous. As I've already mentioned, Kamara at Marseille would be my choice even for the same money, in fact I'd table a £25m offer today even though he is available for £10m as it would stop the Plastics signing him.

I get your point about Juventus but they do have some seriously average players they need to dump and my all accounts Bentancur  is far from the worst.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2259 on: January 25, 2022, 05:32:37 PM »
One of my friends is from Uruguay and he has described Bentancur as a brilliant player.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #2260 on: January 25, 2022, 05:36:51 PM »

He is better than what we have.......In my view, he is a top-six player, not a top 4 player

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2261 on: January 25, 2022, 05:40:18 PM »
Well they've agreed a deal for Vlahovic so I reckon this will happen

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2262 on: January 25, 2022, 05:46:18 PM »
One of my friends is from Uruguay and he has described Bentancur as a brilliant player.

There’s always that continuous threat throughout the match of being kicked sneakily and/or with some vigour when up against Uruguayan players. I think our midfield could do with a bit of that.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2263 on: January 25, 2022, 06:00:02 PM »
His pass rating over the last year is better than anybody on our books.  93.8% in the game at the weekend for example. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2264 on: January 25, 2022, 06:11:22 PM »
His pass rating over the last year is better than anybody on our books.  93.8% in the game at the weekend for example. 

fucking hell. That would make him a solid 25% better than any of our players

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal