collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 360491 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 06, 2022, 12:23:21 AM »
Massive if, but if he signs, what is the work permit situation like?
Would we have to wait weeks for him to be available? Anyone have any idea?

Only because the Home Office are all off with Covid!!   Seriously though, shouldn't be a problem at all.

Margaret Byrne won't be a turd in the punchbowl this time so we should be grand.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1051 on: January 06, 2022, 12:42:27 AM »
On the subject of our worst ever player, shout out to the £7m International Goal Keeper who is 6'7 and got chipped while standing on his line.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1052 on: January 06, 2022, 12:53:15 AM »
So when do we open book on when Coutinho gets his injury in training and how long he will be our for? I'll open the bidding at 2nd session and 10 weeks.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1053 on: January 06, 2022, 01:20:09 AM »
I would welcome Coutinho, but I’m not sure there is a more one footed player in Europe.

Most players can only dream about a right foot like his. But you might want to check out goal 2 in this collection to see how wide of the mark your statement is.

How wide of the mark my statement is?

You literally just posted a video of the guy scoring 15 goals with his right foot and told me to look at #2.

If you are going to pick a highlight reel show one that displays his talents in possession. Then you can see the lengths he goes to to avoid using his left foot.

Here.. watch something a little more recent,

and just for the record, I am excited as all hell if we can pull it off. Low-risk, 6-months, goals.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:38:17 AM by villadelph »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1054 on: January 06, 2022, 01:38:46 AM »
Well you said that “you’re not sure there is a more one footed player in Europe”. Which is one hell of a statement when we are talking about one of the very best overall footballers. So if he even scores just once from long range that pretty much defeats the argument. Because I’m pretty sure there are lots of worse players than him across all the leagues and certainly many who cannot shoot and score from that range with both feet.

Offline Arsey

« Reply #1055 on: January 06, 2022, 01:41:24 AM »
I would welcome Coutinho, but I’m not sure there is a more one footed player in Europe.

Bertie

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1056 on: January 06, 2022, 01:44:28 AM »
Well you said that “you’re not sure there is a more one footed player in Europe”. Which is one hell of a statement when we are talking about one of the very best overall footballers. So if he even scores just once from long range that pretty much defeats the argument. Because I’m pretty sure there are lots of worse players than him across all the leagues and certainly many who cannot shoot and score from that range with both feet.

::) Okay

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #1057 on: January 06, 2022, 03:49:02 AM »

::) Okay

2 and 7 were both left foot goals..

Offline JD

• Stay Free
« Reply #1058 on: January 06, 2022, 04:28:17 AM »
The last signing that I was this excited about was when we signed Michael Boulding, as Doug needed a partner for the inter-department tennis tournament ;D :)

Seriously though if we sign Coutinho and Hickey we will have signed two very very good players.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1059 on: January 06, 2022, 04:37:20 AM »
Memory may be playing tricks but wasn't we in for him before he went to Liverpool?

Offline JD

• Stay Free
« Reply #1060 on: January 06, 2022, 04:42:24 AM »
Memory may be playing tricks but wasn't we in for him before he went to Liverpool?

It's mentioned a few pages back Robbo, we were interested.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1061 on: January 06, 2022, 06:19:32 AM »

It's mentioned a few pages back Robbo, we were interested.
Interested is the same as replying “oh that’s interesting” when what you really mean is “ I could not give a fuck”

richtheholtender

« Reply #1062 on: January 06, 2022, 06:40:44 AM »
If he does sign that would indicate they've not given up on Europe this season. No point in signing a player like that just to see outvthe remaining games.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2022, 06:45:57 AM »
If he does sign that would indicate they've not given up on Europe this season. No point in signing a player like that just to see outvthe remaining games.
it’s reported as a loan with an option to buy.
So if it works out for both parties, he could be here next season.
I think it will take more than Coutinho to get us any where near Europe. I think that ship has sailed.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1064 on: January 06, 2022, 06:51:14 AM »
So if we sign Coutinho (which I doubt) then he will want to be guaranteed to start every game he is fit to play in - so who drops out the team

Also would this mean that Carney will be off at the end of this season?

Does anyone know the 5 other premier league clubs interested in signing him?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal