collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356546 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 01, 2022, 06:04:24 PM »
Keinan off to Forest, done deal.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #661 on: January 02, 2022, 07:46:05 AM »
I confidently expect a statement signing.  The sort of " we have a load of cash and are going to back our new manager" kind of signing...  Lukaku is apparently unhappy at Chelsea...

Coutinho. You heard it here first (maybe).
Maybe we will sign him or maybe we heard it here first?

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #662 on: January 02, 2022, 09:09:25 AM »
Our, supposedly, one time target Julian Alvarez, has won South American 2021 player of the year. If there was any truth in it we may have missed a trick there.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #663 on: January 02, 2022, 09:54:38 AM »
I confidently expect a statement signing.  The sort of " we have a load of cash and are going to back our new manager" kind of signing...  Lukaku is apparently unhappy at Chelsea...

Coutinho. You heard it here first (maybe).
Maybe we will sign him or maybe we heard it here first?

Maybe we heard it here first.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #664 on: January 02, 2022, 10:11:39 AM »
Our, supposedly, one time target Julian Alvarez, has won South American 2021 player of the year. If there was any truth in it we may have missed a trick there.

Watched a lot of highlights of him since we were linked and I think he's going to be special. He'd be a fantastic statement signing.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #665 on: January 02, 2022, 10:38:25 AM »

Watched a lot of highlights of him since we were linked and I think he's going to be special. He'd be a fantastic statement signing.

Reports over the last few days put his buyout clause at around £18m so not an astronomical price. Possibly fit in as one of the 10’s as well as competition for Watkins, perhaps agent Emi could have a word.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #666 on: January 02, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »

Reports over the last few days put his buyout clause at around £18m so not an astronomical price. Possibly fit in as one of the 10’s as well as competition for Watkins, perhaps agent Emi could have a word.

I think this is an element of disappointed with our summer business - something like that would have been better than Ings - as even if it didn’t work
Immediately - there is time on there side. 

I think Emi2 and Bailey could come good - but Emi particularly seems expensive for what he has shown so far. 

Problem is it feels like most of the clubs above us are getting better at least as quickly as we are - so it feels like this summer was a missed opportunity

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #667 on: January 02, 2022, 11:17:50 AM »
The summer of discontent.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #668 on: January 02, 2022, 11:25:58 AM »
This summer coming I think will be a big one - can we keep hold of our best players. 

Ollie, Emi and SJM have all been linked to moves to the sky 6. 

Think that could be a real crunch time for where we sit in the scheme of things

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #669 on: January 02, 2022, 11:32:00 AM »
This summer coming I think will be a big one - can we keep hold of our best players. 

Ollie, Emi and SJM have all been linked to moves to the sky 6. 

Think that could be a real crunch time for where we sit in the scheme of things

I think we’ll keep them if we have a good month in January and a good start to the summer window.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #670 on: January 02, 2022, 11:35:28 AM »
Totally agree this summer will be a massive one for the club, if we can keep hold of our better players

We may struggle to do this can see Emi and McGinn wanting to test themsey playing for a champions league club

Offline Beard82

« Reply #671 on: January 02, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »
Totally agree this summer will be a massive one for the club, if we can keep hold of our better players

We may struggle to do this can see Emi and McGinn wanting to test themsey playing for a champions league club
Yeah that’s my fear - and then we’re basically stuck in a holding pattern where each summer we are struggling to stay still. 

Mind you - none of that has actually happened yet

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #672 on: January 02, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »
El Ghazi and Luiz linked outwards.  If we can bring in our targets, I wouldn't mind either going to be honest.  Never been sold on either player.   I don't consider either to be amongst our better players but do agree that we need to keep certain ones in order to move forward.  Luiz is an enigma as I can understand some thinking he's a decent player. Not strong enough and hasn't moved on for me. Neither has El Ghazi.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #673 on: January 02, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »
It's why January is so important. If we get the right players in, then at least a European place is possible. Get to May this summer and we're in the same place as last year then the likes of Luis will be looking at Arsenal, One thing announcing Mr. Gerrard as us entering the big time and competing, but you have to back the guy when it can make a difference.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #674 on: January 02, 2022, 12:08:12 PM »
January is never right for making any strategic purchases. Usually in this window a targeted specific player such as a defender, a goal scorer etc can give a team required lift to achieve more than their current squad provides but it is not the time to reshape the team. I am not sure we should splash out in this window. The manager needs more time to assess current squad before we spend big numbers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal