collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets by simboy
[Today at 02:02:28 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Olneythelonely
[Today at 01:54:04 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by London Villan
[Today at 01:36:33 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Si
[Today at 01:22:56 PM]

The Holte’s Last Stand by Stu82
[Today at 01:02:13 PM]

Championship Memories by Stu82
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by thick_mike
[Today at 12:53:40 PM]

Kits 24/25 by Monty
[Today at 12:00:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 367678 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #1680 on: January 12, 2022, 03:29:40 PM »
Have we sent other youngsters up to Livingston before? Something rings a bell. Also, it's where legendary football manager Paul Lambert started out, the season we ended our affair with Dolly O'Dreary. Heady days.

A goalkeeper I think, the one who turned up at SHA this season?

Sinisalo was on loan at Ayr if that's who you're thinking of.

Could be.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #1681 on: January 12, 2022, 03:41:42 PM »

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Everton are set to sign Anwar El Ghazi from Aston Villa. Deal at final stages, medical tests in place too. Last details to be completed in the next few hours. 🔵 #EFC

Anything over £9m is a good deal.......Like him but he for where we want to go........

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #1682 on: January 12, 2022, 03:43:47 PM »

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Everton are set to sign Anwar El Ghazi from Aston Villa. Deal at final stages, medical tests in place too. Last details to be completed in the next few hours. 🔵 #EFC

Anything over £9m is a good deal.......Like him but he for where we want to go........

Its a loan deal apparently with no obligation to buy. Which is disappointing because I would imagine they will just give him back at the end of the loan.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #1683 on: January 12, 2022, 04:21:40 PM »
Two defenders an attacking midfielder/forwad.  I only hope we sign somebody in DM nit because I think it's the end of the world if we don't, more because it means grumpy fans can stop beating the club with a shitty stick for not doing exactly what they want them to...

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #1684 on: January 12, 2022, 04:27:37 PM »
Watched plenty of Scottish premiership, expect Chucky to come back early injured,Ben Mee type of football

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1685 on: January 12, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Its a loan deal apparently with no obligation to buy. Which is disappointing because I would imagine they will just give him back at the end of the loan.

Unless he does well. Wonder if we have agreed a perm fee just in case.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #1686 on: January 12, 2022, 07:25:30 PM »
It does indeed look like Carney is off… well, that’s what it looks like this week at least.

Shame.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #1687 on: January 12, 2022, 07:34:55 PM »
Mat sarkic was the goalkeeper who went on loan to Livingstone then transfered to waves before turning up on loan at small heath

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1688 on: January 12, 2022, 08:53:15 PM »
It does indeed look like Carney is off… well, that’s what it looks like this week at least.

Shame.

Seen this a few times, how/why are people so convinced (not on twitter etc so…).

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1689 on: January 12, 2022, 09:00:23 PM »
Local press reported last night Gerrard had specifically referenced uncertainty around Carney in his reasons for going for Coutinho and the Telegraph has reported that he has not accepted a new deal with us. No smoke without fire as Gerrard said the other night.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1690 on: January 12, 2022, 09:06:46 PM »
Local press reported last night Gerrard had specifically referenced uncertainty around Carney in his reasons for going for Coutinho and the Telegraph has reported that he has not accepted a new deal with us. No smoke without fire as Gerrard said the other night.

If that's the case then it's a shame he doesn't see the value in sticking around and developing. Ready to be proven wrong, but I think he's got a ways to go yet.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1691 on: January 12, 2022, 09:11:42 PM »
Seen this a few times, how/why are people so convinced (not on twitter etc so…).

They need something to counteract all the the good news this week. :)

He 'liked' Coutinho's unveiling pics on social media yesterday (as did Neymar) so not convinced it's been decided either way. I also doubt very much that Gerrard's decision to sign Coutinho hinged on whether Carney had signed a new deal or not.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1692 on: January 12, 2022, 09:21:33 PM »
Would it not be beneficial all-round to loan him out to a Championship team? He'd get the game time he wants, at a far higher level than he's been used to most of the time, and we get to see if he's the real McCoy as he's been labelled for the past however long.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1693 on: January 12, 2022, 09:24:45 PM »

If that's the case then it's a shame he doesn't see the value in sticking around and developing. Ready to be proven wrong, but I think he's got a ways to go yet.

Totally agree, I suppose he can only do what he’s been doing in the youth or under 23’s but the step up is massive. Gerrard is prepared to give him some game time but at the moment he’s no better than those in front of him and needs to be patient. He shows promise but that’s all at the moment.
Hopefully he’s being advised to bide his time but I doubt it.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1694 on: January 12, 2022, 09:26:00 PM »

They need something to counteract all the the good news this week. :)

He 'liked' Coutinho's unveiling pics on social media yesterday (as did Neymar) so not convinced it's been decided either way. I also doubt very much that Gerrard's decision to sign Coutinho hinged on whether Carney had signed a new deal or not.

He's got 18 months still on his contract, so he's not going anywhere soon unless we're willing to sell him.  The summer, maybe, given he'll be into his last year, but at his age don't we get a few anyway, even if he leaves on a 'free'?

It might be Gerrard is dropping hints in the press as a tactic to keep agents in their place? Nothing says "I'm not bluffing about this being our final offer" quite like implying to the press that they might be off.

Either way, I'd be disappointed to see him go, but it does seem like we might have a few others who can step up and into the gap he leaves, Ramsey Jnr in particular.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal