collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 21813 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2021, 04:08:57 PM »
i was fuming when they equalised at 2-2, but when they got the free kick, it seemed like half the lower holte knew what was going to happen and made a bolt for the exits, looking over their shoulder at the ensuing car crash as they walked up the stairs.

i've seen us shit the bed before, but never in such style, to a poorer side.

big week ahead for smith and the players. reaction against arsenal will set the tone.

I'm sure we'll get the same old waffle from Smith in next week's press conference. "Good response in training, determined to put it right blah blah, blah."

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2021, 04:12:14 PM »
i was fuming when they equalised at 2-2, but when they got the free kick, it seemed like half the lower holte knew what was going to happen and made a bolt for the exits, looking over their shoulder at the ensuing car crash as they walked up the stairs.

big week ahead for smith and the players. reaction against arsenal will set the tone.

I'm sure we'll get the same old waffle from Smith in next week's press conference. "Good response in training, determined to put it right blah blah, blah."

All managers say that.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »

What's he going to say though?
I can't think of any examples where managers dig out their own players 5 days after the event.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2021, 04:14:30 PM »
Interesting what he does at Arsenal.

Since Arteta came in the three games have gone as an aggregate of 5-0 to us so Arsenal long since ceased to be an away match you just write off pre kick off anymore.

Lose there though and with West Ham grinding out a good away win just now you'll be looking at one of those frustrating winless runs we get every season under DS and all the pressure that will bring.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2021, 04:48:31 PM »
{alt}

I was in the lower holte for the first time in ages. As much as I think our owners are great someone really needs to get a grip of match day catering. The queues for a half time tipple were ridiculous and they were pouring beer from cans at an absolute snails pace. And what's happened to the tv's? No half time scores and why have they stopped screening the match? All in all a piss poor experience. Not a happy bunny right now.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »
{alt}

I was in 5he lower jolted for the first time in ages. As much as I think our owners are great someone really needs to get a grip of match day catering. The queues for a half time tipple were ridiculous and they were pouring beer from cans at an absolute snails pace. And what's happened to the tv's? No half time scores and why have they stopped screening the match? All in all a piss poor experience. Not a happy bunny right now.

I’ve had some great times in Jolted end myself (left side)

Offline The Edge

« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2021, 05:06:01 PM »
{alt}

I was in 5he lower jolted for the first time in ages. As much as I think our owners are great someone really needs to get a grip of match day catering. The queues for a half time tipple were ridiculous and they were pouring beer from cans at an absolute snails pace. And what's happened to the tv's? No half time scores and why have they stopped screening the match? All in all a piss poor experience. Not a happy bunny right now.

I edited it out but you were too bloody quick for me

Offline Skerra

« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »
Edge, in complete agreement with you. I only wanted a coffee which took all of half time to get. Shocking service. Not enough staff either.
TV is crap now as you said.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2021, 05:31:25 PM »

What the f**k is h supposed to say Risso?. “You know what lads, we’re in a right load of shite at the moment, we’ve lost two in a row, might as well give up and welcome the championship”.  I’ve yet to hear any ideas from your posts, apart from “sack the manager”’ like that’s worked in the past few years.

Online john e

« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2021, 05:32:54 PM »
{alt}

I edited it out but you were too bloody quick for me

Story of my life mate so the wife says

Online john e

« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »

What the f**k is h supposed to say Risso?. “You know what lads, we’re in a right load of shite at the moment, we’ve lost two in a row, might as well give up and welcome the championship”.  I’ve yet to hear any ideas from your posts, apart from “sack the manager”’ like that’s worked in the past few years.

It does beg the question though why do press conferences why do we bother Listening to them if everything they say is a complete load of bollocks

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »

Did anyone call you 'Jolted John'?

Offline Taylor

« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2021, 05:49:59 PM »

It does beg the question though why do press conferences why do we bother Listening to them if everything they say is a complete load of bollocks
Because idiotic journalists ask idiotic questions and get bland anti-controversial answers. Unfortunately the media these days is so dumbed down it beggars belief:

Online john e

« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »

Did anyone call you 'Jolted John'?

No but I’ve got a mate called Gordon

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2021, 06:03:58 PM »
D.S. should insist that the team watch the last 15 minutes on continuous loop until they scream for it to stop.  Didn't he turn around our abysmal pre-covid lockdown defensive frailties through screen-time training? Oh, and he should also look long and hard at his abysmal substitution strategy and how that contributed to the shambles.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:10:20 PM by spartacuss »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal