collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 21808 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
I walked into the Holte pub thinking the game was over and commented that the draw felt like a defeat. Then someone shouted "wolves have fucking scored". What an absolute kick in the goolies. When your 2-0 up with ten minutes to go AT HOME you just cannot lose that game. When they sang 2-0 on your big day out I cringed. Fucking stop that please lads it's classless and asking for trouble. Still I shook hands with Sir Brian Little so that made up for the shitfest at the end of the game.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2021, 12:49:11 PM »
Didn’t their 2nd Originate from a free kick that was never a free kick?

Nakamba and one of theirs went for a 50/50 and their player went down like he was shot, rolled around in agony and the got straight up to take the free kick.
From that we never really cleared the ball and a few seconds later we conceded?
That was the first goal. Ref played the advantage first and then pulled play back. 

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »
I agree with the posters that say we were the better side for eighty minutes I honestly thought we were without being that great
I don’t think Wolves had a an attempt in the first 30 minutes

Problem with us is we are bottle jobs
As soon as there’s a bit of pressure at the end of games we panic Because we’re not technically proficient enough to deal with it

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 12:59:43 PM by john e »

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »
I have left it until now to comment on the game. Having calmed down the one thing I will say is.....fuck off villa and thanks for me having to put up with a load of shithead dogheads.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2021, 01:28:41 PM »
Don’t think anyone has commented on the possible sending off of Mings. He had already been booked for being a prat. Later, Wolves had been given a goal kick and as he went past the ball, he scooped it up and threw it backwards. If he hadn’t already been booked, the ref would have shown him the yellow card for that. Both Mings and Watkins appear to have gone backwards since they have been in the England squad.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2021, 02:49:01 PM »
The sad part is once their first goal went in you just knew what was coming.

I had a similar sense of foreboding and other posters have said the same.

We were still 2-1 up though so what does that say about our confidence in the team?

It’s the Villa way. Which is why I feel like some of the stick Smith is copping is OTT. Yes he takes some of the blame, but anyone could be in charge of Villa and we’d, well, do a Villa. I think this smarts more than usual because I feel we are on the verge of success, and actually expect to win these games, which hasn’t happened since the MON run. The rest of the last twenty years, I have preemptively channelled apathy to numb the inevitable pain!

Offline Skerra

« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2021, 03:06:56 PM »
After the win at manure I really thought we would kick on. Could see us getting 6 points from Spurs and Wolves. Mindset has all changed now as we may get nothing from Arsenal or West Ham. The football we are playing is generally far too slow and predictable. We have spent a lot of money over the past two seasons so am quite disappointed with the results and our general play so far. A club our size and, with the money behind us I really would be expecting us to be pushing for a European place as a minimum.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2021, 03:18:25 PM »
Talking about slow, what happened to taking quick free kicks,we just waiting for the opposition to get organized

Offline pomegran

« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »
I'm disappointed, like all Villa fans, but we need to keep some perspective.  We've lost our main player and replaced him with 3, one who is fantastic and has brought some valuable experience to our front line, whilst the other 2 are either injured or finding their feet in the team and/or the Premier League.

Although I think it's time to give Hause a good run now, either replacing Mings or Axel. He deserves it.

Let's stay calm and not panic. Leicester are 1 point above us and nobody's panicking there.  We're still finding our feet after a weird pre-season, losing a major talent and bedding in new players. I'm keeping the faith ....

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2021, 03:26:57 PM »
Mings had a weird game. He spent most of it hoofing clearances 100 feet into the air. You'd have thought he was wearing clogs or something.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2021, 03:31:25 PM »
Just seen a photo of Neves just after he's taken the final free kick. We've got five players in a wall and then Targett is standing on his own about a meter to their left.

I don't understand why he wasn't part of the wall.

Is there some plan in that or has he just gone rogue? I don't get where he is stood?

He was marking someone, can’t remember who, but they rolled out the way as the free kick was taken which makes it look like targett was stood in a bad position, he wasn’t. If he’d not been there we would have had an unmarked attacker stood a yard off the side of our wall.  I think he should have done better with the ‘block’ but he was also a little unlucky.

Free kick looked like it was going miles wide so wouldn't shock me if Targett gets another OG.

Offline achilles

« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2021, 03:38:18 PM »
We can all make excuses for what happened but the bottom line is that was absolutely appalling defending by three established centre halves, totally unacceptable! No leadership displayed whatsoever, like children in the playground!

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2021, 03:43:24 PM »
Just watching the goals back, I cant find the words to describe just how bad that defending was. Wolves didnt have too do anything clever or out of the ordinary, in fact they had full on reverted to the kind of tactics you'd see from minions in a 3rd round giant killing FA Cup tie, and we completely buckled from it.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2021, 03:54:20 PM »
Just watching the goals back, I cant find the words to describe just how bad that defending was. Wolves didnt have too do anything clever or out of the ordinary, in fact they had full on reverted to the kind of tactics you'd see from minions in a 3rd round giant killing FA Cup tie, and we completely buckled from it.

Yes a bit of a mindslide from us.
Hopefully players will learn from the experience.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2021, 04:02:32 PM »
i was fuming when they equalised at 2-2, but when they got the free kick, it seemed like half the lower holte knew what was going to happen and made a bolt for the exits, looking over their shoulder at the ensuing car crash as they walked up the stairs.

i've seen us shit the bed before, but never in such style, to a poorer side.

big week ahead for smith and the players. reaction against arsenal will set the tone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal