collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 22075 times)

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »
It was alarming how we just melted and it does say a lot about confidence. Especially after being in control for what, 75 minutes give or take?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2021, 11:21:32 AM »
Tuanzabe is not the answer.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2021, 11:21:41 AM »
Just seen a photo of Neves just after he's taken the final free kick. We've got five players in a wall and then Targett is standing on his own about a meter to their left.

I don't understand why he wasn't part of the wall.

Is there some plan in that or has he just gone rogue? I don't get where he is stood?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2021, 11:23:32 AM »
It was alarming how we just melted and it does say a lot about confidence. Especially after being in control for what, 75 minutes give or take?
I never felt we were in control, there was plenty of space in front f our defence and Wolves had been awful with the ball in the attacking third.
Once they got one we just collapsed.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
Wolves didn't lay a glove on us. That's the difficult fact to swallow. We got beat by total shite who put 3 set pieces in that the Dog and Duck would have defended better.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2021, 11:28:31 AM »
I never felt we were in control, there was plenty of space in front f our defence and Wolves had been awful with the ball in the attacking third.
Once they got one we just collapsed.

I thought we were well in control at 2-0. They hardly created anything from memory. We needed people like Bailey and Traore on the bench to bring on to keep at them. Ramsey really wasn't the answer.

Online Tony Daleys Shorts

« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2021, 11:34:47 AM »
Agree Mings was the catalyst for our implosion, he has an arrogance and carelessness to his play that feeds to the rest of the team. As skipper and centre half he should be a rock. Imagine God or Laursen fly hacking at balls that a quality player would deal with comfortably.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
Yeah only chance Wolves created of note in first 80 minutes was the mad Adama run so even if we weren't in control in terms of the ball I felt pretty comfortable watching it. We then conceded and totally collapsed mentally, not just on the pitch but in the dugout aswell.

Would be very disappointing if we finish below Wolves this season. They're above us now despite losing their first 3 (which they played well in).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2021, 11:38:49 AM »
They were awful against Brentford. They're midtable, which is where we will end up. Not good enough and it will cost Smith his job.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2021, 11:41:28 AM »
Just seen a photo of Neves just after he's taken the final free kick. We've got five players in a wall and then Targett is standing on his own about a meter to their left.

Is there some plan in that or has he just gone rogue? I don't get where he is stood?

He was marking someone, can’t remember who, but they rolled out the way as the free kick was taken which makes it look like targett was stood in a bad position, he wasn’t. If he’d not been there we would have had an unmarked attacker stood a yard off the side of our wall.  I think he should have done better with the ‘block’ but he was also a little unlucky.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »
Similar to the burnley game away. Better team by miles, but chuck it away!

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »

He was marking someone, can’t remember who, but they rolled out the way as the free kick was taken which makes it look like targett was stood in a bad position, he wasn’t. If he’d not been there we would have had an unmarked attacker stood a yard off the side of our wall.  I think he should have done better with the ‘block’ but he was also a little unlucky.

Ah, OK. I didn't actually watch the free kick at the time. I looked at the floor. My first sense was that he had missed then a split second later the roar...

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2021, 11:55:53 AM »
I don't think we were the better team at all. The warning signs were there in the first half when Traore barged through the whole defence and should have scored. We looked disorganised from the get go.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2021, 12:17:02 PM »
I don't think we were the better team at all. The warning signs were there in the first half when Traore barged through the whole defence and should have scored. We looked disorganised from the get go.

But that run from Traore was their only real effort before the slapstick at the end.

Without being brilliant we were still the better team for 80 minutes. We then lost our heads and unfortunately the captain who should have been setting the example was the biggest culprit.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2021, 12:28:26 PM »
Wondering what would happen if we were 2 - 0 up 10 minutes from the end and the entire team decided "job done" and started dreaming about a hot bath and what choice of Restaurant they would be eating at later.

Unforgivable game management from a supposedly professional football team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal