collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by cdward
[Today at 03:31:31 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 03:30:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308996 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #1215 on: May 01, 2022, 08:37:59 AM »
That left back of theirs was a right dirty whinging prick. The challenge on Bailey looked innocuous enough but on replay it did catch him badly. But the referee wouldn’t have seen it as he missed pretty much every assault on our players throughout the match. Hopefully his clown shoes tripped him up in the way home.

I think Gerrard has seen something in Bailey that will be of use to the squad but he needs a rest, good training and decent pre-season so we can see what that is.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1216 on: May 01, 2022, 09:25:28 AM »
I refuse to pass judgement until he's had a proper preseason. He was out of sorts when he joined and hasn't been right since. If we're still having the same conversation in 12 months then fair enough. Haven't we seen this kind of thing before where players have come good in their second season?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1217 on: May 01, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »
Why does he need a pre-season to even attempt to take an opposition defender on?

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1218 on: May 01, 2022, 09:51:34 AM »
Because his confidence is shot due to seemingly having an injury every 10 minutes.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1219 on: May 01, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
He just looked like he didn’t have any fight him.  Maybe the injury is worse than it looked, but he just didn’t look up for it.  Before the pathetic chase back he could have positioned himself to cover the player as it was obvious Cash was out of position, but he was either just too lazy or didn’t recognise the danger.  I’m not sure which is worse.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1220 on: May 01, 2022, 09:55:37 AM »
you wouldn't want Bailey in your team in a relegation battle.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1221 on: May 01, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »
Thought the heckling aimed at him for not chasing back yesterday was harsh. He was clearly injured in that earlier tackle, and up to that point, I thought he looked quite lively and linked up well with Cash down that right.

The guy just can't catch a break with injuries. He needs to just step away, get himself right during pre-season, and then show us the player we were hoping we'd signed, fresh and fit next season.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1222 on: May 01, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
As suggested above, I'd stick with him and see how he does next season. He has had a bit of a stop/start season but that said, we did look better when Ings came on yesterday.

Offline exigo

« Reply #1223 on: May 01, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
Gerrard's obviously seen something in him, but I can't fathom why he's not being brought on after 65-70 minutes to build his confidence against tiring defenders. Buendia should be in the starting line up, because he's not going to be happy just being Coutinho's substitute after 75 each game.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1224 on: May 01, 2022, 10:39:26 AM »
Having watched it back, it was a bad challenge by Williams - clearly affected Bailey's ankle.

Yep and apparently may be out for a week at least. Lazy bugger!!! 🙄

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1225 on: May 01, 2022, 10:56:07 AM »
Like Gerrard, he deserves a full pre-season before he is written off. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1226 on: May 01, 2022, 11:02:09 AM »
I blame Gerrard full on for picking him week in week out.  And we should be seeing a hell of a lot more of his supposed talent for the money we have dished out.  Just not good enough.  Sell and recoup whatever money we can on him.  Panic buy, homework not completed properly and a complete let down.  Sorry I want to be positive when I post but he's the sort of player I have no time for in football.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1227 on: May 01, 2022, 11:40:31 AM »
I blame Gerrard full on for picking him week in week out.  And we should be seeing a hell of a lot more of his supposed talent for the money we have dished out.  Just not good enough.  Sell and recoup whatever money we can on him.  Panic buy, homework not completed properly and a complete let down.  Sorry I want to be positive when I post but he's the sort of player I have no time for in football.

He hasn't picked him week in, week out though. He's been on the bench mostly apart from the last few games.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1228 on: May 01, 2022, 11:49:17 AM »
Why does he need a pre-season to even attempt to take an opposition defender on?

I think he's scared of going full pelt in case his hamstring goes yet again. Loads of players talk about not being able to fully trust their bodies if they've had a run of injuries so it's not some bizarre mentality.

He was very unlucky not to score yesterday with that great Krul save but does feel like he's a bit broken for the premier league.

Think we've just got to see how he starts next year. Gerrard's started him in 3 of the last 4 so he obviously sees him as a player for next season unlike Sanson and Traore.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1229 on: May 01, 2022, 11:54:03 AM »
I can see the logic in giving him a run in the side.

He played football before arriving at the Villa and was apparently quite good at it. We should give him a fair crack before writing off another 30 million quid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal