collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

If A Crap Lager Did Seasons. by Bad English
[Today at 06:17:00 AM]

Transfer priorities by nick harper
[Today at 06:12:36 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:35:02 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:24:47 AM]

Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Pre match thread by eamonn
[Today at 02:29:46 AM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by eamonn
[Today at 02:27:50 AM]

Golf 2024 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:20:53 AM]

VAR by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 155861 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: FFP
« Reply #2415 on: April 30, 2024, 01:45:07 PM »
Ahem...

By the way, can we sell the naming rights to one of Wes's companies please, ie Fortress Investment group.

Fortress Villa Park for the win.

Fortress Villa Park....... get the name changed for £30 Mil

It makes sense in so many ways.

then we can spend it on some proper players too

Ahem!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2416 on: April 30, 2024, 01:58:42 PM »
If we do qualify for the Champions League then we've got the entire summer to plan for it. We'll have Mings, Kamara, Buendia and Ramsey to return, which is one third of a very good Champions League side, plus whatever new additions we bring in.

Exactly, and a whole season to reflect on how well we kept the ball against a Man City or an Arsenal, the knowledge we can qualify for the Champions League and also the taste of silverware. Huge mentality changes. Add in additional players better than what we have, the return of really good players and we'll be improved. If Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City don't vastly improve then we have a chance at something unbelievable.
And to our good fortune we have absolutely the right man in charge to do the planning.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2417 on: April 30, 2024, 02:17:03 PM »
Ahem...

By the way, can we sell the naming rights to one of Wes's companies please, ie Fortress Investment group.

Ahem!

I knew someone said it a while back, I remember saying it would look great but then embarrassing if we lost a few in a row!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2418 on: April 30, 2024, 02:29:37 PM »
Ahem...

Ahem!

Wasn't it you back then that questioned why would a finance guy that owns a NBA team in Wisconsin want to sponsor Villa Park? ;)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2419 on: April 30, 2024, 02:49:05 PM »
Ahem...

I posted it first, far too long ago for me to find it. Unless someone beat me as well…

But anyway, if Small Heath can get away with giving themselves £10m a year for their naming rights, what could we give ourselves that would pass as fair value?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:51:59 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2420 on: April 30, 2024, 03:18:56 PM »
But anyway, if Small Heath can get away with giving themselves £10m a year for their naming rights, what could we give ourselves that would pass as fair value?

There is an argument that naming rights in the PL are undervalued compared to similar deals in the US. I think Man City115 get £19m a season (could be wrong) and the top PL clubs are valued at 3.5 times the bottom 6 of the PL, so that Sty value is extremely generous.

If it allows us to compete, at least in the short term, I'd have no problem with selling the naming rights of Villa Park. I'd also throw in the old Witton Lane stand into the deal for extra revenue.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 03:22:11 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2421 on: April 30, 2024, 03:24:22 PM »

There is an argument that naming rights in the PL are undervalued compared to similar deals in the US. I think Man City115 get £19m a season (could be wrong) and the top PL clubs are valued at 3.5 times the bottom 6 of the PL, so that Sty value is extremely generous.

If it allows us to compete, at least in the short term, I'd have no problem with selling the naming rights of Villa Park. I'd also throw in the old Witton Lane stand into the deal for extra revenue.

Depends who to. Have no desire to see Ollie Watkins banging them in at the Smoothie King Park.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2422 on: April 30, 2024, 03:42:29 PM »

Depends who to. Have no desire to see Ollie Watkins banging them in at the Smoothie King Park.

If somebody was to offer me free flights and tickets to see Frankie Beverly, the O'Jays and The Whispers at the Smoothie King Center next month, I wouldn't turn my nose up. The only problem I see is getting to Athens a couple of days later. Ideally the final would be in Athens, Georgia - far easier to get to from New Orleans.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2423 on: April 30, 2024, 04:08:06 PM »

They fudged it into more then just naming rights with the social media impressions crapness as well. I'm still waiting to see the EFL ruling on all that but it might not be until the money hits the books before they can act on it.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2424 on: April 30, 2024, 04:28:19 PM »
I feel naming rights only work if you are building a new Stadium and it starts with that name .You can rename VP now but no one will every see it as anything other than VP which is why not much value in it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2425 on: April 30, 2024, 04:51:14 PM »
I feel naming rights only work if you are building a new Stadium and it starts with that name .You can rename VP now but no one will every see it as anything other than VP which is why not much value in it.

I think the only value we’re talking about here really is how the owners can legally blag some more money into the club.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2426 on: April 30, 2024, 05:23:49 PM »

I think the only value we’re talking about here really is how the owners can legally blag some more money into the club.

Exactly, Percy. The club can't keep on increasing the prices of season tickets and general matchday tickets to increase revenue.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2427 on: May 01, 2024, 03:57:11 AM »

Exactly, Percy. The club can't keep on increasing the prices of season tickets and general matchday tickets to increase revenue.

They can and they will mate, but that alone won’t be enough.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2428 on: May 04, 2024, 12:42:56 AM »
I am looking forward to challenging for the Title, not winning it but being there or there abouts deep into the season.

Might seem a bit out there, but say the 85% Premier League spend cap is enforced and the 70% UEFA spend cap remains in place, it could potentially benefit clubs like ourselves to not play in Europe, unless it is in the Champions League with the extra revenue that would bring.  We could be potentially better off having the 85% cap and challenging for domestic trophies than being in European competition. 

The ptoblem with that is then of course you then qualify for Europe if you have domestic success, so you're back in that position again.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:57:27 AM by tomd2103 »

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2429 on: May 04, 2024, 08:44:30 AM »
Has anyone suggested selling the naming rights to Fortress?

Now bear with me....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal