collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 03:33:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 146144 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: FFP
« Reply #2055 on: March 28, 2024, 09:47:46 AM »
As for the waiting list, hasn't it been confirmed that only a very small percentage of people on it have bought a match ticket in the last few years?  So whilst I believe 100% that it's real, I'm not sure how many would actually put their money down when their turn comes.
In my case the reason I am on the list is because finally after uni  and work commitments me and my sons wanted to get season tickets in the new North Stand as we almost never manage to sit together on match days. I was really looking forward to us having 3 seats next to each other so the blasé announced by Mr Heck to delay the new stand went down like a lead balloon with us.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #2056 on: March 28, 2024, 09:55:00 AM »
They're not building in the city centre  if they even build anything at all. If by some miracle, the biggest joke in the history of football do manage to cobble together a stadium, its hardly going to be Everton or Spurs is it for a 2nd division side that pulls 18k on a good day. If we want to build something, we will build it.
This is what I think too, how is anyone describing that site as being in the city centre?
The councils "Big City Plan" involves extending Central Birmingham as far as Lawley middleway. Large developments are already happening including The Glassworks Locks which is going to include hotels bars and restaurants. All that will be a few minutes walk from where small heath have bought the wheels land.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2057 on: March 28, 2024, 10:12:06 AM »
They're not building in the city centre  if they even build anything at all. If by some miracle, the biggest joke in the history of football do manage to cobble together a stadium, its hardly going to be Everton or Spurs is it for a 2nd division side that pulls 18k on a good day. If we want to build something, we will build it.
This is what I think too, how is anyone describing that site as being in the city centre?
The councils "Big City Plan" involves extending Central Birmingham as far as Lawley middleway. Large developments are already happening including The Glassworks Locks which is going to include hotels bars and restaurants. All that will be a few minutes walk from where small heath have bought the wheels land.

If thats the case we may have missed a trick here. But i simply dont think its gonna benefit blose long term as the owners will sell it all on for big profits later and nkt give it to the club.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #2058 on: March 28, 2024, 10:15:13 AM »

If thats the case we may have missed a trick here. But i simply dont think its gonna benefit blose long term as the owners will sell it all on for big profits later and nkt give it to the club.
Let's hope so.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2059 on: March 28, 2024, 10:16:46 AM »
The council have taken years to build a tram line from bull street to dale end, roughly 300m metres. I wouldn't rely on any so called council developments. Especially now they are uberskint.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2060 on: March 28, 2024, 10:36:15 AM »
We should blow everyone out of the water for the Smithfield festival site and be done with it! 

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2061 on: March 28, 2024, 11:04:06 AM »
We should blow everyone out of the water for the Smithfield festival site and be done with it! 

That would be ideal but it's going for commercial development and I think it's already sorted.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2062 on: March 28, 2024, 11:19:49 AM »

That would be ideal but it's going for commercial development and I think it's already sorted.

Yeah I was being optimistic!  Not passed planning yet, so a late mega billions offer to a skint council!!

Online FatSam

« Reply #2063 on: March 28, 2024, 11:23:15 AM »

Yeah I was being optimistic!  Not passed planning yet, so a late mega billions offer to a skint council!!
Lendlease are delivering that in partnership with the council. I don’t think they could be described as skint!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:25:53 AM by FatSam »

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2064 on: March 28, 2024, 01:15:24 PM »

Yes you are right,it was in the local paper and after a few objections regarding some ancient pool?,it was revised and given council approval

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2065 on: March 28, 2024, 01:21:26 PM »
How do i get my "paver" back if we move?

Did you get your share cert from Doug? Randy made it worthless.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2066 on: March 28, 2024, 02:00:06 PM »
As for the waiting list, hasn't it been confirmed that only a very small percentage of people on it have bought a match ticket in the last few years?  So whilst I believe 100% that it's real, I'm not sure how many would actually put their money down when their turn comes. 

There's a huge difference between asking somebody "do you want a season ticket when the time comes?" and asking "do you want a ticket for X game" especially when the few tickets they have left unsold are offered with little or no notice.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2067 on: March 28, 2024, 02:01:05 PM »

No idea. The only person I know gave up season ticket after Covid season   due to birth of his daughter. When I chatted to him last summer he had immediately rejoined the list im Aug 2020. 3 years later)some 10k were ahead of him

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2068 on: March 28, 2024, 06:44:10 PM »
The city centre side of the ring road, off Summer Lane. Loads of cpo’s would be needed though.

Too much of an incline. If we are going to do that, might as well just buy all the land off Electric Avenue and we still have the two stations  and close to Spaghetti etc.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2069 on: March 28, 2024, 06:48:48 PM »
The city centre side of the ring road, off Summer Lane. Loads of cpo’s would be needed though.

Too much of an incline. If we are going to do that, might as well just buy all the land off Electric Avenue

We could rock down to Electric Avenue, and then we'd make it higher.

*winks at internal jukeboxes*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal