collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 146062 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: FFP
« Reply #2070 on: March 28, 2024, 06:50:22 PM »
The council have taken years to build a tram line from bull street to dale end, roughly 300m metres. I wouldn't rely on any so called council developments. Especially now they are uberskint.

Not the council is it? Though the trams were Centro and Combined Authority. I noticed today the stop at the top of the Broad street branch outside of Morrisons had been closed off with building material. So I don't know if the trams are going up there at the moment.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2071 on: March 28, 2024, 06:59:38 PM »
The city centre side of the ring road, off Summer Lane. Loads of cpo’s would be needed though.

Too much of an incline. If we are going to do that, might as well just buy all the land off Electric Avenue

We could rock down to Electric Avenue, and then we'd make it higher.

*winks at internal jukeboxes*

I was at least 15 before I realised that was about Brixton and not the road before the Leisure Centre.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2072 on: March 28, 2024, 07:02:54 PM »
The city centre side of the ring road, off Summer Lane. Loads of cpo’s would be needed though.

Too much of an incline. If we are going to do that, might as well just buy all the land off Electric Avenue

I was at least 15 before I realised that was about Brixton and not the road before the Leisure Centre.

And me.

You are genuinely the first person I've ever heard express the same confusion.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2073 on: March 28, 2024, 07:17:32 PM »
The council have taken years to build a tram line from bull street to dale end, roughly 300m metres. I wouldn't rely on any so called council developments. Especially now they are uberskint.

I’m not sure the tram has much to do with the council, permission aside, especially financially.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2074 on: March 28, 2024, 09:45:14 PM »

And me.

It would be worth buying all the businesses then flattening them to build a new stadium with the address Villa Park, Electric Avenue, B6. The walk out tune would be a done deal. Forever.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2075 on: March 28, 2024, 09:49:37 PM »

And me.

As the kids say, I was today years old when I found out it wasn't the street in Brum.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2076 on: March 28, 2024, 10:11:07 PM »
Opposite for me, I only discovered today that there's a street in Brum called Electric Avenue.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2077 on: March 28, 2024, 10:21:35 PM »

I’m not sure the tram has much to do with the council, permission aside, especially financially.

Out of interest who is responsible for the building/planning? It's shockingly poor.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2078 on: March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM »

Out of interest who is responsible for the building/planning? It's shockingly poor.

The Midlands Metro Alliance are building it with various design, construction organisations as part of it. Ultimately it’s Street (WMCA) who’s responsible for getting it built by the  above and then running it via TfWM.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2079 on: March 29, 2024, 07:52:57 AM »

The Midlands Metro Alliance are building it with various design, construction organisations as part of it. Ultimately it’s Street (WMCA) who’s responsible for getting it built by the  above and then running it via TfWM.
I still think the whole thing needs ripping up and retarmacing so they can run a fleet of buses on it. It seems to be broken more often than it isn't.

Anyway, that was really a post for elsewhere.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2080 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:08 AM »

I sing that to my son every time we walk past it (usually when we’ve parked at Star City) and he always rolls his eyes at me, no doubt thinking I’m an absolute cock.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #2081 on: March 29, 2024, 09:47:59 AM »

And me.

It would be worth buying all the businesses then flattening them to build a new stadium with the address Villa Park, Electric Avenue, B6. The walk out tune would be a done deal. Forever.

would be quite fitting for my Dad , HEITS, he used to work at GEC on Electric Avenue!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2082 on: March 29, 2024, 09:55:00 AM »

And me.

would be quite fitting for my Dad , HEITS, he used to work at GEC on Electric Avenue!
After years of deliberation (mostly on here) I think we have a winner. Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant would be a great walk out tune and also fitting.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #2083 on: March 29, 2024, 10:19:47 AM »

I sing that to my son every time we walk past it (usually when we’ve parked at Star City) and he always rolls his eyes at me, no doubt thinking I’m an absolute cock.

I bet that makes the moment twice as sweet.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2084 on: March 30, 2024, 12:29:16 PM »

Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal