collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 237421 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1695 on: February 26, 2023, 01:10:18 PM »
Tends to run himself into the ground so doesn't last 90 minutes. Having him come on for the last half hour meant the game would be more stretched and he could be effective.

Offline pelty

« Reply #1696 on: February 26, 2023, 01:46:45 PM »
I'd have him starting every game ahead of Bailey.

Me too, in that role off Watkins

Not for me.  Bailey has the pace to threaten them in behind.  Buendia likes the play in front of him.  I prefer buendia to bailey but I don’t think they’re interchangeable.

Surely, you are having a laugh. Bailey has no pace. I cannot remember the last time I have seen him outpace someone in a 20-30 sprint.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1697 on: February 26, 2023, 01:55:41 PM »
I'd have him starting every game ahead of Bailey.

Me too, in that role off Watkins

Not for me.  Bailey has the pace to threaten them in behind.  Buendia likes the play in front of him.  I prefer buendia to bailey but I don’t think they’re interchangeable.

Surely, you are having a laugh. Bailey has no pace. I cannot remember the last time I have seen him outpace someone in a 20-30 sprint.

He has only got pace if he hasn't got the ball AND can be arsed to run fast in the first place.

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #1698 on: February 26, 2023, 11:54:37 PM »
Putting this here because Buendia has made Garth's team of the week (as has Martinez).
But FFS:

Emiliano Buendia (Aston Villa)
Awarding penalties are within the gift of the referee and nobody else - even if we disagree with him it his ultimately his opinion.

Anthony Taylor's decision to award Aston Villa a penalty for the tackle by Everton's Idrissa Gueye on Buendia, were he to look at it again, video evidence would show Gueye made contact with the ball first and minimal contact with the player.

But the Argentina international made all the difference when he came on the pitch just after the hour mark and took Villa's performance into overdrive. Having won the penalty he sealed the match with a excellent finish.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1699 on: February 26, 2023, 11:58:15 PM »
Why hasn't Crooks been watching his employer's flagship programme MOTD, which would show him that he's talking a load of gubbins (no relation to the Beeb's erstwhile football correspondent, Tony Gubba)?

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1700 on: February 27, 2023, 12:33:49 AM »
Why hasn't Crooks been watching his employer's flagship programme MOTD, which would show him that he's talking a load of gubbins (no relation to the Beeb's erstwhile football correspondent, Tony Gubba)?

This is the first time in about 4 years that I have paid any attention to Crooks because of this thread and it turns out he is still talking utter, utter bollocks. I remember his team of the week once had about 7 strikers.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1701 on: February 27, 2023, 12:42:18 AM »
So in putting Buendia into his team Pingu decided to talk mainly about the penalty that he felt shouldn’t have counted. Tosser

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1702 on: February 27, 2023, 01:08:34 AM »
Putting this here because Buendia has made Garth's team of the week (as has Martinez).
But FFS:

Awarding penalties are within the gift of the referee and nobody else - even if we disagree with him it his ultimately his opinion.

Anthony Taylor's decision to award Aston Villa a penalty for the tackle by Everton's Idrissa Gueye on Buendia, were he to look at it again, video evidence would show Gueye made contact with the ball first and minimal contact with the player.

But the Argentina international made all the difference when he came on the pitch just after the hour mark and took Villa's performance into overdrive. Having won the penalty he sealed the match with a excellent finish.

The implication being that penalties shall only be awarded if all the opponents in the box are fouled. Garth thinking outside the box again.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1703 on: February 27, 2023, 07:39:50 AM »
But FFS:

The implication being that penalties shall only be awarded if all the opponents in the box are fouled. Garth thinking outside the box again.
but failing to notice it was Mcginn who won the penalty.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1704 on: February 27, 2023, 08:27:27 AM »
But FFS:

What an utter muppet. Presumably, the Beeb are paying him for this shite ....

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #1705 on: February 27, 2023, 08:27:42 AM »
But FFS:

You'd think that someone at the BBC would have at least watched the highlights and suggested an edit.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #1706 on: February 27, 2023, 09:33:44 AM »
But FFS:

You'd think that someone at the BBC would have at least watched the highlights and suggested an edit.
so minimal contact was made, that will do for me

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1707 on: February 27, 2023, 09:37:42 AM »
But FFS:

What an utter muppet. Presumably, the Beeb are paying him for this shite ....

Oh yes, at least one thousand pounds a week at least, I'd wager.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1708 on: February 27, 2023, 10:10:36 AM »
But FFS:

Ignoring everything else that's wrong with this this bit is just a lie. The first contact is knee-to-knee and happens when his foot is a good 6-8 inches away from the ball, just looking at the angles shows you that the only way he get to the ball is by making contact with McGinn first. Whether he got anything on the ball is debateable anyway but if he did it definitely didn't happen first.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1709 on: February 27, 2023, 10:16:51 AM »
He's spot on to be fair, there was no contact whatsoever with Buendia.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal