collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232217 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1215 on: January 03, 2022, 10:12:13 AM »
He was our best player yesterday. His best game so far.

He was, in the period before their equaliser he was linking play really well. There seemed to be a good understanding between him, Luiz and Ings.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1216 on: January 03, 2022, 10:55:22 AM »
Think it was his best game to date yesterday. He was thrown under the bus a couple of times with high balls up to him. I'm still not convinced though

To be fair, he nearly scored with a header in a crowded box yesterday so maybe we're underestimating his ability to deal with the long-ball hoof!!!

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1217 on: January 06, 2022, 08:36:29 PM »
Do think he is growing into it more now and has played very well over the last few games.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1218 on: January 06, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »
I know it's become a bit of a cliché, but I do think some are still expecting Emi to be Grealish, and I don't think that's fair or accurate. Grealish is basically a unique player, an attacking winger with the ball-retention stats of Sergio Busquets. Emi isn't that - he's a classic no. 10, albeit one who harries and harrasses off the ball.

In other words, he's as Argentinian as Jorge Luis Borges riding a horse through the pampas eating a steak with a glass of malbec. It comes with the style that he's going to lose the ball a bit, trying things that don't come off. He's also going to get goals and assists (that bit of play yesterday to set up Ings was fucking gorgeous). He's getting better every week with the new structure around him and I'm hopeful about his chances of succeeding again.

It was Buendia in a nutshell yesterday. Just before his outrageous bit of skill for the assist, he'd passed it straight out of play twice. Not through trying something outrageous, just from playing really duff balls. And we really could do with some goals from him.

I like him, I think he's getting better, but it's giving the ball away doing something simple that's let him down, the threading through a needle stuff I'm happy to let slide as the price of ambition.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1219 on: January 06, 2022, 10:03:17 PM »
Think it was his best game to date yesterday. He was thrown under the bus a couple of times with high balls up to him. I'm still not convinced though

To be fair, he nearly scored with a header in a crowded box yesterday so maybe we're underestimating his ability to deal with the long-ball hoof!!!

And he did get screwed out of that headed goal that brushed off Konsa’s laces vs Leicester

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2022, 10:11:48 AM »
I hope people are starting to see it now. 

Online LeeB

« Reply #1221 on: January 11, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »

What?

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1222 on: January 11, 2022, 10:19:20 AM »
He looked good last night and we got worse after he went off. Still gives the ball away a hell of a lot though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1223 on: January 11, 2022, 10:20:20 AM »

What?
That he is a very good player. 

Online LeeB

« Reply #1224 on: January 11, 2022, 10:23:49 AM »

What?

OK, it wasn't clear which way you wanted to go with that. I agree, but fucking hell he wastes possession sometimes.

I think the art to becoming great in his position is knowing when to use your tools. You have to make every pass a killer through ball,  a bit of subterfuge can keep the opponent guessing and make it more effective when you do use it.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1225 on: January 11, 2022, 10:29:05 AM »

What?

OK, it wasn't clear which way you wanted to go with that. I agree, but fucking hell he wastes possession sometimes.

I think the art to becoming great in his position is knowing when to use your tools. You have to make every pass a killer through ball,  a bit of subterfuge can keep the opponent guessing and make it more effective when you do use it.

I'm sure he'll feel more relaxed when his short-pass option is Philippe phucking Coutinho.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1226 on: January 11, 2022, 10:31:29 AM »
Best player last night by a mile. Some of his trickery doesn't come off, but I'm willing to forego that as it makes us more dangerous (and exciting to watch) when it does come off. It's for the more defensive minded players to mop up when it doesn't go right.

Really excited to see our forward play with both Emi2 and Coutinho supplying the front man - Hopefully just one up top, and it would be the more ruthless Ings rather than Ollie imo (at least until the opposition tire).

Online LeeB

« Reply #1227 on: January 11, 2022, 10:33:45 AM »
I felt the 20 mins before half time were him in a nutshell so far.

He was magic, running the game for 10 mins, then he must have given possession up 3 or 4 times in a row, culminating in getting in Dougies way and then kicking the ball at him and send them on a counter.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1228 on: January 11, 2022, 10:42:47 AM »
I know it doesn't need saying, but a proper defensive midfielder is an absolute must. A Bissouma type in the middle, with two of Luiz, Ramsey, McGinn and Sanson either side, behind two 10s of Coutinho and Buendia feeding Watkins or Ings, and we'd be well set. I think we need a proper top notch striker in the summer though. That Haaland fella would do. At the moment our midfield three are all a bit samey, and Buendia often drops too deep doing a sort of Luiz job, when he should be spending his time trying to hurt the opposing team as he did a couple of times last night.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1229 on: January 11, 2022, 10:51:37 AM »
I know it doesn't need saying, but a proper defensive midfielder is an absolute must. A Bissouma type in the middle, with two of Luiz, Ramsey, McGinn and Sanson either side, behind two 10s of Coutinho and Buendia feeding Watkins or Ings, and we'd be well set. I think we need a proper top notch striker in the summer though. That Haaland fella would do. At the moment our midfield three are all a bit samey, and Buendia often drops too deep doing a sort of Luiz job, when he should be spending his time trying to hurt the opposing team as he did a couple of times last night.
I'm of the same mind.  A defensive midfielder's needed for now, the rest of the midfield looks rather healthy (particularly when Marv returns).  Also agree that a striker upgrade might be in order in the summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal