collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232286 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1200 on: December 27, 2021, 06:17:28 PM »
People lack patience.
Amen.

Absolutely. I think he will be very good for us and I like watching him play.

Offline colin69

« Reply #1201 on: December 27, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »
People lack patience.
Amen.

Each to their own but I think he’s terrible and we need to get rid ASAP.
Lightweight, no pace and cannot pass a ball…utter shite!!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1202 on: December 27, 2021, 06:39:44 PM »
I think he'll turn it around, and hopefully in the run in like Doug in his first season. That said, as hopeful as I am, there's no way he looks like a 30 million quid player. Still, Grealish is coming back in the summer, tail between his legs, half the price we paid, and on a pay cut. Mark my words...
Right...more Prosecco for me.

Fingers crossed (on Jack, and the Prosecco if that's what you truly want).

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1203 on: December 27, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »
People lack patience.
Amen.

got anything positive to say ever, Colin?

Offline colin69

« Reply #1204 on: December 27, 2021, 07:22:14 PM »
People lack patience.
Amen.

got anything positive to say ever, Colin?
Yes..take a look at my posts.
I don’t like Buendia or Ings but I don’t think we are far away from being a very good side.
I think the future is very bright under Gerrard.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1205 on: December 27, 2021, 07:53:51 PM »
People lack patience.
Amen.

He’s had glimmers of fantastic moments in our better games and shown some really clever traits. He’s quite tenacious which I like too.

Back to what Ads said though, we really should show more patience. He’s come into a side which had a massive hangover after Grealish, a really shit pre-season and then our manager being sacked. I reckon a decent pre-season this summer and next year he will superb.

Our form has had a massive up turn lately and he’s helped with that.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1206 on: December 27, 2021, 07:59:34 PM »
Buendia desperately needs to get another attacking player on his wavelength.  Once Watkins and he are in tune, and watkins makes the run a fraction earlier, then I hope they’ll blossom. 

At the moment these passes aren’t coming off (except for Chuck v Man City) and I doubt he will ever be a pacy enough dribbler to justify his place.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #1207 on: December 31, 2021, 01:39:05 AM »
He got rid of the ball neatly and quickly for McGinn's goal against Palace as well.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #1208 on: January 01, 2022, 05:49:19 PM »
I've noticed the opposition try and hit him early just as he gets the ball and the just knock him off it - I'd get him on the weights and the chippy twice a week.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1209 on: January 03, 2022, 09:28:04 AM »
I know it's become a bit of a cliché, but I do think some are still expecting Emi to be Grealish, and I don't think that's fair or accurate. Grealish is basically a unique player, an attacking winger with the ball-retention stats of Sergio Busquets. Emi isn't that - he's a classic no. 10, albeit one who harries and harrasses off the ball.

In other words, he's as Argentinian as Jorge Luis Borges riding a horse through the pampas eating a steak with a glass of malbec. It comes with the style that he's going to lose the ball a bit, trying things that don't come off. He's also going to get goals and assists (that bit of play yesterday to set up Ings was fucking gorgeous). He's getting better every week with the new structure around him and I'm hopeful about his chances of succeeding again.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1210 on: January 03, 2022, 09:32:17 AM »

He’s had glimmers of fantastic moments in our better games and shown some really clever traits. He’s quite tenacious which I like too.

Back to what Ads said though, we really should show more patience. He’s come into a side which had a massive hangover after Grealish, a really shit pre-season and then our manager being sacked. I reckon a decent pre-season this summer and next year he will superb.

Our form has had a massive up turn lately and he’s helped with that.

I've never understood why people put so much faith in the mythical pre-season. It's just there to get players fit after the summer, and to start to introdcue them to each other. Why would three friendlies against the likes of Walsall, Stoke and a random foreign side be more use than actual matches against Premier League teams? I can see why players may start slowly if they've missed it, but by the time they've played 12 actual games, the training and game time should have negated any negatives from not playing pre-season.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1211 on: January 03, 2022, 09:38:08 AM »
He was our best player yesterday. His best game so far.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1212 on: January 03, 2022, 09:54:04 AM »
I know it's become a bit of a cliché, but I do think some are still expecting Emi to be Grealish, and I don't think that's fair or accurate. Grealish is basically a unique player, an attacking winger with the ball-retention stats of Sergio Busquets. Emi isn't that - he's a classic no. 10, albeit one who harries and harrasses off the ball.

In other words, he's as Argentinian as Jorge Luis Borges riding a horse through the pampas eating a steak with a glass of malbec. It comes with the style that he's going to lose the ball a bit, trying things that don't come off. He's also going to get goals and assists (that bit of play yesterday to set up Ings was fucking gorgeous). He's getting better every week with the new structure around him and I'm hopeful about his chances of succeeding again.

I will never not appreciate a Borges reference on a football supporters' website.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1213 on: January 03, 2022, 09:58:19 AM »

It was Buendia in a nutshell yesterday. Just before his outrageous bit of skill for the assist, he'd passed it straight out of play twice. Not through trying something outrageous, just from playing really duff balls. And we really could do with some goals from him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1214 on: January 03, 2022, 10:04:14 AM »
Think it was his best game to date yesterday. He was thrown under the bus a couple of times with high balls up to him. I'm still not convinced though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal