collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232092 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #945 on: November 06, 2021, 02:50:44 AM »
Very good in second half but our record signing shouldnt be going off with cramp after 70 mins. Our pre season was obviously a shambles.
I'd be interested to see any stats on our players if anyone can get them, but I reckon he spent most of the game, particularly first half, chasing and harrying their defenders like a banshee...second half we were on the front foot more and he created umpteen openings, which I think is the reason we brought him to the club! It's the hardest I've seen him work and I think he did a fair bit more than most today!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #946 on: November 06, 2021, 04:54:00 AM »
He showed 2 things in that game - 1 he can see and weight a forward pass better than anyone at the club, even in a crap first half he was the one that created 2-3 half chances and 2. that when he battles he is a very, very useful player. For 15 minutes second half he was the best player out there for us, and stepped up. See that more often much of the worry about him will go away.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #947 on: November 06, 2021, 08:57:38 AM »
He showed 2 things in that game - 1 he can see and weight a forward pass better than anyone at the club, even in a crap first half he was the one that created 2-3 half chances and 2. that when he battles he is a very, very useful player. For 15 minutes second half he was the best player out there for us, and stepped up. See that more often much of the worry about him will go away.
agreed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #948 on: November 06, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »
Cramp after 70 minutes?! His lack of fitness is a disgrace.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #949 on: November 06, 2021, 09:20:05 AM »

Alright Flinstone

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #950 on: November 06, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
What’s happened with our fitness and running? I thought our stats last season were near the top and this season it’s right at the bottom?

Again is this another change in personal at the club having influence?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #951 on: November 06, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »
What’s happened with our fitness and running? I thought our stats last season were near the top and this season it’s right at the bottom?

I think its because our pressing is all over the place. I noticed yesterday that, especially in the first half, our lads were running around like dogs chasing a ball. When we then get some possession of the ball we are mentally and physically fucked from running around with no discipline.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #952 on: November 06, 2021, 09:36:27 AM »

Think a lot of people are thinking that. If you look at the difference from last season then the two big differences are ratboy leaving and the changeover in staff. We had a core of players who came up with the original coaches and prospered under them. Now we have the new guys, with new ideas, and maybe the players don't trust their methods or don't like their methods. The amount of times a change in coaches has caused a team to go backwards is well documented.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #953 on: November 06, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »

Think a lot of people are thinking that. If you look at the difference from last season then the two big differences are ratboy leaving and the changeover in staff. We had a core of players who came up with the original coaches and prospered under them. Now we have the new guys, with new ideas, and maybe the players don't trust their methods or don't like their methods. The amount of times a change in coaches has caused a team to go backwards is well documented.

If that’s the case I though we had people looking at the science and stats there, if so they really are not actually taking the new approach to task. We look absolutely shot.

The Man Utd game was the only time we’ve looked organised and quite dangerous. Even the Everton game was limited to a period of 20 minutes when it created the longest argument on H&V for years over formation. It was mighty fun watching that spell but absolutely nobody could agree what the formation was. I’m sure Smith didn’t really know either and we just had a spell with Bailey looking like the signing of century which changed the game completely.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #954 on: November 06, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »
Well i'm not bigging up Terry, but he had the medals and career to make the likes of Mings listen, and they've all got to International level under his coaching. One of the best things about last season was the defence, now its probably the worse. The new guys, well they haven't got that status.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #955 on: November 06, 2021, 10:15:51 AM »

I think its because our pressing is all over the place. I noticed yesterday that, especially in the first half, our lads were running around like dogs chasing a ball. When we then get some possession of the ball we are mentally and physically fucked from running around with no discipline.

Buendia is a case in point. He spent most of last night chasing down backpasses to their goalie in the vain hope of a 1 in a 1,000 goalkeeping error.

He must've been knackered just from doing that and it had zero point.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #956 on: November 06, 2021, 10:17:19 AM »
If he isn't fit enough to last at least 70 mins, then Smith shouldn't be picking him. What are they doing in training obviously isn't good enough if players are on their arse with over 20 mins to go.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #957 on: November 06, 2021, 11:51:52 AM »
He's carrying an injury. He took some (painkillers?) at one point 2nd half.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #958 on: November 06, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »

Buendia is a case in point. He spent most of last night chasing down backpasses to their goalie in the vain hope of a 1 in a 1,000 goalkeeping error.

He must've been knackered just from doing that and it had zero point.

Tbf, their centre back kept playing blind back passes and it almost cost them at one point.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #959 on: November 06, 2021, 04:41:35 PM »

Alright Flinstone

I'd wager a bet it's better than yours?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal