collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232203 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #900 on: November 02, 2021, 12:05:38 PM »
Sadly, I think he’s too lightweight in a side that is too lightweight. If we had more physicality it might free him up whether on the right or more centrally, to play his own game. Currently, he has no protection and just seems a really lightweight player who we have paid massively over the odds for. That’s today, but perhaps if we address the DCM position he might come good. Horses for courses and all that.

he definitely needs to work on his core strength so he's not pushed off the ball so easily, it was my concern when we were first linked with him and I was surprised that so few people saw it.

I guess we were looking at his stats, including goals and assists over the past seasons.

Shame we didn't look at where he played to achieve those goals and assists.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #901 on: November 02, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
Sadly, I think he’s too lightweight in a side that is too lightweight. If we had more physicality it might free him up whether on the right or more centrally, to play his own game. Currently, he has no protection and just seems a really lightweight player who we have paid massively over the odds for. That’s today, but perhaps if we address the DCM position he might come good. Horses for courses and all that.

he definitely needs to work on his core strength so he's not pushed off the ball so easily, it was my concern when we were first linked with him and I was surprised that so few people saw it.

I guess we were looking at his stats, including goals and assists over the past seasons.

Of course, his stats were great and I do think there's the potential for him to be a fantastic player, but he's always looked like the physical side was a challenge.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #902 on: November 02, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »
Was sat in the North Stand on Sunday and what I noticed, was although he was lined up on the right, he kept drifting into central positions when we had the ball.  I understand that it is good to have different options, but it left us with no real outlet on the right hand side at times.

Don't want to be too harsh, but his assist aside, I thought both him and Bailey offered very little on Sunday and we will need a lot more from them going forward.

We were completely dominated in central midfield, hard for the wide players to get into the game under those circumstances.

True Paul, but it was happening when we had the ball.  Don't know if it was something he had been told to do or if it was something he took on himself and he was looking for the ball.  Not necessarily a criticism, but it just left us a bit unbalanced at times.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #903 on: November 02, 2021, 09:24:39 PM »
Played in his natural position and created a goal. Tricky stuff this football lark.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #904 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:15 PM »
And looked like in a few games could forge an understanding with Cash, and grow in confidence. He's a very talented footballer, just needs a run in the right position.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #905 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:27 PM »
Seems like he just went for a shit, as he came back to sit on the bench.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #906 on: November 02, 2021, 11:23:19 PM »
The evil bastard.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #907 on: November 02, 2021, 11:26:40 PM »
Seems like he just went for a shit, as he came back to sit on the bench.

If he can leap a barrier like he did whilst needing a shit he's a better man than I'll ever be.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #908 on: November 03, 2021, 08:44:49 AM »
At least he did not look a twat taking throw in's .    He was not the worse player but at the moment the whole team is shite , thou I though Cash put a shift in .    We need to sort that midfield out , that's not helping him at all ,  SJM looked hopeless too and don't mention Young

Too early to write off .

You clearly didnt see some of his corners then. League one level stuff. Have not been impressed at all.

When we signed ashley young on his first stint you could see the quality. Buendia looks lightweight and average so far. Struggling at this level. We paid too much for him in my opinion

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #909 on: November 03, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »
The obsession with him being 'lightweight', do you think someone like Bruno Fernandes is winning many arm wrestles against defensive mids and centre backs?

Against West Ham, Bailey and Buendia would constantly receive the ball racing their own goal, because there's absolutely no coordination in midfield and no plan for building from the back. It's as unfair to judge wide attackers on that as it is to judge Watkins getting the ball gently chipped to his hair all evening.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #910 on: November 03, 2021, 09:07:14 AM »
The obsession with him being 'lightweight', do you think someone like Bruno Fernandes is winning many arm wrestles against defensive mids and centre backs?

You don't see Fernandes ending up being muscled off the ball the majority of the times he receives the ball like Buendia though. Plus he must be 3 inches taller. Buendia really does stand out as being very short. And yeah I know, Messi etc.

Online Monty

« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
It could well be that he can't Jack it at this level. I just think it's unfair to judge him in a team so obviously lacking an atyacking plan or midfield in general.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2021, 09:27:51 AM »
It could well be that he can't Jack it at this level. I just think it's unfair to judge him in a team so obviously lacking an atyacking plan or midfield in general.

He didn't do badly last time he played at this level.

We had one player last year that could hold the ball better than anyone, that gave us time to develop the play, get players forward etc. He's gone and frankly there's nobody else like him.

There's no point hoping Buendia or Bailey will do that job because they are different players. We haven't adapted a new style yet. And we need to.

Online Monty

« Reply #913 on: November 03, 2021, 09:38:37 AM »
That's a shrewd point about Jack's ball-carrying Drummond. The idea that we replace him with three attackers missed the mark a bit, as he was also our most important defensive player for his ability to hold onto the thing, drag it upfield with him or get kicked in the attempt. All of which suggests that perhaps Dean and Johan didn't quite understand him as a player even while in the team, let alone how to compensate for his departure.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #914 on: November 03, 2021, 12:11:28 PM »
And looked like in a few games could forge an understanding with Cash, and grow in confidence. He's a very talented footballer, just needs a run in the right position.

Yep he’ll be fine if we play him right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal