collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:02:42 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232124 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2021, 09:53:44 PM »
He’d be fine if the midfield actually did its job.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #886 on: October 31, 2021, 11:12:35 PM »
There are glimpses of a player in him. In the right system and shape I think he will come good for us.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #887 on: October 31, 2021, 11:15:14 PM »
There are glimpses of a player in him. In the right system and shape I think he will come good for us.

He'd probably be OK in a team like West Ham with two very, very good central midfielders. Even then though, I'd rather see a proper wide player (like Bowen.)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »
For the money we've paid you'd want more than someone that needs inch perfect conditions to be effective.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #889 on: November 01, 2021, 10:30:27 AM »
Not picking him out for yesterday but to me he looks like he could walk back into that Norwich side, win POTY and they'd still be bottom.. Seems a completely peripheral figure with very little lasting influence on the game.  Early days i guess but I think we could have bought a dud at least for what we paid for him.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #890 on: November 01, 2021, 10:33:01 AM »
I don’t want to criticise him at the moment. Obviously I hope he’s as good as what some think. I’m very much jury out. He needs a few more games.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #891 on: November 01, 2021, 10:55:46 AM »
At least he got his first assist yesterday. But he was back in his favoured position and the game was passing him by I thought for most of the first half. Needs to do a hell of a lot more on the pitch and storming off down the tunnel is the last thing Smith needs right now from his record signing.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #892 on: November 01, 2021, 11:03:32 AM »
At least he did not look a twat taking throw in's .    He was not the worse player but at the moment the whole team is shite , thou I though Cash put a shift in .    We need to sort that midfield out , that's not helping him at all ,  SJM looked hopeless too and don't mention Young

Too early to write off .

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #893 on: November 01, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
At least he did not look a twat taking throw in's .    He was not the worse player but at the moment the whole team is shite , thou I though Cash put a shift in .    We need to sort that midfield out , that's not helping him at all ,  SJM looked hopeless too and don't mention Young

Too early to write off .

We almost need that cash energy in midfield

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #894 on: November 02, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »
Was sat in the North Stand on Sunday and what I noticed, was although he was lined up on the right, he kept drifting into central positions when we had the ball.  I understand that it is good to have different options, but it left us with no real outlet on the right hand side at times.

Don't want to be too harsh, but his assist aside, I thought both him and Bailey offered very little on Sunday and we will need a lot more from them going forward.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #895 on: November 02, 2021, 11:20:46 AM »
Was sat in the North Stand on Sunday and what I noticed, was although he was lined up on the right, he kept drifting into central positions when we had the ball.  I understand that it is good to have different options, but it left us with no real outlet on the right hand side at times.

Don't want to be too harsh, but his assist aside, I thought both him and Bailey offered very little on Sunday and we will need a lot more from them going forward.

We were completely dominated in central midfield, hard for the wide players to get into the game under those circumstances.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #896 on: November 02, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »

We were completely dominated in central midfield, hard for the wide players to get into the game under those circumstances.

Yeah, my reading of his drifting in field was that our midfield was dropping deep, so he felt he needed to come in field to try to link up.  He hasn’t hugely impressed so far, but I still believe there is a good player there but we just aren’t using him in the best way.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #897 on: November 02, 2021, 11:25:13 AM »
Sadly, I think he’s too lightweight in a side that is too lightweight. If we had more physicality it might free him up whether on the right or more centrally, to play his own game. Currently, he has no protection and just seems a really lightweight player who we have paid massively over the odds for. That’s today, but perhaps if we address the DCM position he might come good. Horses for courses and all that.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #898 on: November 02, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »
Sadly, I think he’s too lightweight in a side that is too lightweight. If we had more physicality it might free him up whether on the right or more centrally, to play his own game. Currently, he has no protection and just seems a really lightweight player who we have paid massively over the odds for. That’s today, but perhaps if we address the DCM position he might come good. Horses for courses and all that.

he definitely needs to work on his core strength so he's not pushed off the ball so easily, it was my concern when we were first linked with him and I was surprised that so few people saw it.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #899 on: November 02, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »

he definitely needs to work on his core strength so he's not pushed off the ball so easily, it was my concern when we were first linked with him and I was surprised that so few people saw it.

I guess we were looking at his stats, including goals and assists over the past seasons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal