collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232322 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »
No one is writing him off yet but so far has contributed very little. I thought he would be a tad bit quicker than what he is. Doesnt seem to beat a man at all.

I think his link up play with ings has been poor so far

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2021, 09:29:58 AM »
'I'm not writing him off but'...

I think people have done well to give him two games to be honest. It's not normally that generous.

He'll be fine once he settles and gets himself a goal.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #632 on: August 22, 2021, 09:34:12 AM »
Im also reminded of Jota, great feet and vision but needs to improve physically, which should be easily done

He looked a lot better with Ollie in front of him:

Very early days

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #633 on: August 22, 2021, 09:36:37 AM »
FFS he's played 2 games.

His stats from his last Premier League season were brilliant and in a team that were relegated. He'll be fine.

FFS stop having an opinion on how you think he is currently playing because I will misconstrue it as you all writing him off whereas in fact you are just stating concerns whilst also likely understanding that he will most probably get better but currently think that he needs to improve on a few things. Geez people, come on.

I happen to think people stating issues are largely right (although understand this can be debated) whilst also being confident that he'll find his way. It would be rare to have his stats and end up being shite.

FFS, as an example, try reading Risso's last post before mine. Tell me how I've misconstrued that. When you then add on various posts after his first game you'd think he had no redeeming features.

FFS, you said that you hadn't even watched the game! As Paul said, I'm not writing him off, but the evidence on the first two games hasn't been very positive. I hope he'll come good.

FFS 😉

I've seen enough of him at Norwich, and read enough about his stats to know he'll be good. Having now watched the match, I thought he looked tidy if nothing particularly of note was on show.

We've been somewhat blessed over the last few seasons to see one of the best around plying his trade. Pretty much anyone else wouldn't look amazing in his stead.

Buendia will be great for us once we've settled in a bit.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #634 on: August 22, 2021, 09:40:46 AM »
I really liked what I saw yesterday. He passes and moves, makes himself available, looks for work and has a decent pass. Do not think he is a right winger though, would like to see him in a midfield 3.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #635 on: August 22, 2021, 10:08:25 AM »
I noticed he won the ball back a few times yesterday as well, which really should be the end of the Jota comparisons by itself.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #636 on: August 22, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
FFS he's played 2 games.

His stats from his last Premier League season were brilliant and in a team that were relegated. He'll be fine.

FFS stop having an opinion on how you think he is currently playing because I will misconstrue it as you all writing him off whereas in fact you are just stating concerns whilst also likely understanding that he will most probably get better but currently think that he needs to improve on a few things. Geez people, come on.

I happen to think people stating issues are largely right (although understand this can be debated) whilst also being confident that he'll find his way. It would be rare to have his stats and end up being shite.

FFS, as an example, try reading Risso's last post before mine. Tell me how I've misconstrued that. When you then add on various posts after his first game you'd think he had no redeeming features.

FFS, you said that you hadn't even watched the game! As Paul said, I'm not writing him off, but the evidence on the first two games hasn't been very positive. I hope he'll come good.

FFS 😉

I've seen enough of him at Norwich, and read enough about his stats to know he'll be good. Having now watched the match, I thought he looked tidy if nothing particularly of note was on show.

We've been somewhat blessed over the last few seasons to see one of the best around plying his trade. Pretty much anyone else wouldn't look amazing in his stead.

Buendia will be great for us once we've settled in a bit.

FFS

Just wanted to join in

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #637 on: August 22, 2021, 10:29:40 AM »
I  thought he was pretty annonymous to be honest, although I'm sure he'll get better the more minutes he has.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #638 on: August 22, 2021, 10:51:59 AM »
Thought he started really well and always looked to be involved. 2nd half, less so, but He will be great for us I’m sure.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #639 on: August 22, 2021, 10:52:18 AM »

FFS

Just wanted to join in

FFS John. I thought you and something to say...

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #640 on: August 22, 2021, 11:54:13 AM »
My issue is purely around his physicality, with no great pace to speak of he needs to be strong to avoid getting pushed around. Last time Norwich were up I had a friend (who's a Norwich fan) saying he thought Buendia was a better player than Grealish so I started watching them and I ended up catching about 10 of their games. Over that I noticed that when he had time and space he was quality but when he got pressured he was eased off the ball too easily and too often. I think I've posted something similar pretty early on this thread (or on the transfer thread), I hoped he spent the year in the championship learning how to cope with that side of things but 2 games in he still seems to be trying to work it out. If he can he'll be a top player.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #641 on: August 22, 2021, 12:07:32 PM »
He also played well yesterday he will only get better.

Offline achilles

« Reply #642 on: August 22, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
Sorry I totally disagree, he is either not fully fit yet or still carrying an injury but he was anonymous today!
Fuck no. Not sure what you are on about?

I thought I had made it perfectly clear (perhaps Specsavers might help you) and that is why he got subbed!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #643 on: August 22, 2021, 01:06:00 PM »
Thought he started really well and always looked to be involved. 2nd half, less so, but He will be great for us I’m sure.

Indeed. First half he really put in a shift, chased everything and was desperate to get involved, I'd love to see his running stats for the first 45 minutes. I liked the way he'd switch play, creating space for others. Too often second half we looked to switch it to the right and he was no where to be found. Very strange. Admittedly he took on his defensive duties as we doubled up with the press but overall I think he'd tried to do too much and ended up knackered.

He'll be fine once we have a more settled formation and tactics.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #644 on: August 22, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »
I thought he showed some very neat touches, he's clearly very comfortable on the ball. Agree that he looked tired quite early in the second half. We will need to find a way for him to have more of an impact on matches. Do we think the plan is to play him as a 10 when Bailey and Bert are fit?
I hope it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal