collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232190 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2021, 10:35:04 AM »
Saw his two passes for Ollie last night.

Ball tingling doesn't do them justice.

Although I wonder if Ollie would have been onside if VAR was involved. Second one looked tight. Doesn't take away the perfect thought balls though.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
Saw his two passes for Ollie last night.

Ball tingling doesn't do them justice.

Although I wonder if Ollie would have been onside if VAR was involved. Second one looked tight. Doesn't take away the perfect thought balls though.

Were good passes. But were through a pretty static 4th Division defence.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2021, 11:44:40 AM »
Those were two sublime passes by Emi for Ollie's goals.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2021, 12:15:33 PM »
Our new Magic Man

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2021, 12:30:22 PM »
Are there highlights anywhere?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »

Yes.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2021, 12:41:50 PM »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2021, 12:49:06 PM »
Any excuse to have another sly dig.

I thought the smily emoji might have helped but it wasn't a sly dig. Just mild disbelief at how excited Footy's getting about a player we haven't even seen in a Villa shirt yet, to the point where he's declaring him better than arguably the best player in our history!!

I meant Footy.  He’s always popping at Grealish.
This is an Emi Buendia thread not really here to discuss Grealish.
Anyway they are both high quality players but just Emi is far better at goal shooting and goal scoring. He's inclined to be shooting more and certainly not or slow to get his shot off and plays at a higher tempo more than Grealish who is very unique and can plays at his own pace.  A master on the ball is Jack . Off the ball is where JG work is needed by getting into the penalty area when others are given responsibility to have the ball.
So if he continues to occupy a wide forward left position it's imperative for that to develop for good of team as his own game.

At the end of the day we always must remember it's Aston Villa FC not Jack Grealish FC.
The more on par or complimentary players Grealish has is only a good thing so hope his ego can handle it !

EB is also like Jack as a brilliant ball carriers I just see Emi as very effective in his own right and was merely saying comparatively he's a level above any one we have. As the stats say. Hitherto discussion Grealish gets fouled so much the ball carrying stats for Jack are somewhat scewd.

But Emi is of Zaha , Maxim and Adama Traroe dribbling ability and level so that to me suggests at least as a ball carrier we have potentially the best player at this skill in the league. And hopefully the most effective.

The impact on Watkins and Grealish numbers for goals and assists will increase with all 3 of them on the pitch if they work in harmony otherwise it will impact Jack more than Ollie.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:51:27 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »

Yes.

Thanks

The OS via Villa TV has “bite size” highlights. I imagine longer ones will be available later

Offline Damo70

« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2021, 04:38:19 PM »
FourFourTwo magazine have publicly eaten humble pie and held their hands up for tipping us to be battling relegation last season. This season they are impressed with our signing of Buendia and say "It was exactly the type of transfer needed to execute the next phase of the masterplan". This season they have tipped us for tenth place and have us as an outside bet for Europe.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2021, 04:52:08 PM »
FourFourTwo magazine have publicly eaten humble pie and held their hands up for tipping us to be battling relegation last season. This season they are impressed with our signing of Buendia and say "It was exactly the type of transfer needed to execute the next phase of the masterplan". This season they have tipped us for tenth place and have us as an outside bet for Europe.

Sounds like they look at this season, then decide to tip the same for next season. Is that where you freelance Damo?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2021, 05:12:16 PM »

So they'll be publicly eating humble pie and holding their hands up this time next year as well.

Online Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »
As has been said, two cracking passes to Watkins for the first two - first using his left foot, then his right.

I think he is going to be a big success for us and if I remember right, he can be a bit spiky - which I like.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2021, 06:08:19 PM »
My brother always mentions the 2010-11 Season Preview.

Blues had had their bestest ever season in 2010 (still finished below us) and Four Four Two predicted they would qualify for the Champions League.

They were relegated and haven't been back since.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2021, 06:57:33 PM »
As has been said, two cracking passes to Watkins for the first two - first using his left foot, then his right.

I think he is going to be a big success for us and if I remember right, he can be a bit spiky - which I like.
The Walsall CB were pretty inept; but - you're right - the passes were good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal