collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 238175 times)

Offline Skerra

Re: Emi Buendia
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »
We’ve got a lot more Emi’s than yaor!!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2021, 11:12:19 PM »
Hopefully a good analogy Excl.

It's exactly what I hope as well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2021, 11:14:27 PM »
The bitterness on Molineux Mix is wonderful. They are outraged by how FFP doesn't apply to us and we've wasted our money on a Championship player. I'm sure it was ok though when they lashed out 60m on some kid up front and shit Barcelona RB.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2021, 11:15:39 PM »
So… 10 years ago, if someone was to say to me that Villa would be relegated for several years and then promoted through the playoffs with new owners, serious intent and financial power, be sat on quite possibly Britain’s greatest talent since Gazza and a core of the team made of South Americans - featuring 2 Brazilian internationals and 2 Argentinian internationals.

I’d have laughed at them.

What a time to be a Villa fan.

Yes I’ve been drinking wine. Why not?! I’ll probably have a headache in the morning!

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2021, 11:22:08 PM »
So… 10 years ago, if someone was to say to me that Villa would be relegated for several years and then promoted through the playoffs with new owners, serious intent and financial power, be sat on quite possibly Britain’s greatest talent since Gazza and a core of the team made of South Americans - featuring 2 Brazilian internationals and 2 Argentinian internationals.

I’d have laughed at them.

What a time to be a Villa fan.

Yes I’ve been drinking wine. Why not?! I’ll probably have a headache in the morning!

It's a stunning turnaround. We were on the brink of oblivion. Noses, bitters, dogheads, twats from Coventry had all buried us. Written our obituaries (in crayon or whatever primitive method they all still employ). Then out of nowhere two blokes show up. Not just any old blokes, but two absolutely legitimately minted ones who love sport and looked at us as everything they wanted in a reclamation story. A team in England with an incredible history that with the right investment and personnel could once again take their place in the upper echelons of English and European football. We are a long, long way from the finished article. But even with the bumps and scrapes of the last two seasons what a feeling this is right now. Two lads in the England team, another 3 for sure in Targett, Ollie and Cash pushing hard, several internationals elsewhere and a superb academy with brilliant future stars. I absolutely love it. And for all of us who have felt the pain of the past decade this feels all the sweeter.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2021, 11:39:45 PM »
I agree entirely. It’s not long ago that we were only 4/5 days off (at most!) from being declared insolvent. It was really close. From staring down the barrel of the gun through to becoming potentially a new force in the space of a transformative 4 years. Yes, we’re not the finished article and we will have some moments - last season highlighted this - but also, with the youth set up of Chucky, Barry, Young and the Ramsay brothers… it’s impossible not to get a little bit excited about the next few seasons.

I think it was someone on here who said that every once in a while, as a Villa fan, you get the feeling that something really special is brewing. I have this feeling now.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2021, 11:41:13 PM »
Fans of other clubs are starting to wank over us a bit.

Saying a forward line of Buendia, Grealish and Traore with Watkins up top would make them jizz on the ceiling.

My friend who is a scouse Liverpool fan said that BTW.

I'm excited to see who else we sign this summer and where we go.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2021, 11:41:17 PM »
Should be a good signing assuming it all goes through. I don’t think he’s played an international match yet, but it will be interesting to see if he gets some time either in the World Cup qualifier in Colombia on Tuesday, or more likely in the Copa America in Brazil this month.

I think Norwich may use some of the profit they’ve made on Pereira from the Baggies.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2021, 12:04:49 AM »
Sorry if I’ve missed it, but can’t see this confirmed anywhere. Nothing on the AVFC app. Is it done and dusted?

No but every reputable journalist or site of note is reporting all of the formalities are completed. Relax, enjoy the news and the warm sunshine of optimism.
IFOTCSTS

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2021, 12:10:27 AM »
Creative/attacking midfield is not an area of the pitch many of us have been asking to address which does make me a bit concerned that this is partly an insurance move against Grealish leaving (the journalist Miguel Delaney apparently thinks Jack to Citeh is happening). But hopefully, Jack and Emi can be together in electric dreams for us.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2021, 12:15:11 AM »
Our midfield:

McGinn
Douglas
Grealish
Buendia
Sanson
Carney
Ramsey
Nakamba

😏

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2021, 12:17:58 AM »
Our midfield:

McGinn
Douglas
Grealish
Buendia
Sanson
Carney
Ramsey
Nakamba

😏

You need to add JPB to that also. He’s got a load a potential

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2021, 12:23:03 AM »
Excellent signing if it happens, and now it looks like we've beaten one of their favourite clubs to a player how long till the media start the baseless speculative bullshit about Jack?
Oh and Norwich fans opinions? Who fucking cares, deep down they know that every member of staff from the 1st team players to the tea lady would walk over broken glass to join the Villa.

And how do you feel when Manure fans say the same about us?

Food chain.
When Yorke left us I didn't like it but understood why and his medals justify his decision.It's called reality, which Norwich fans don't seem to have much grasp of.

Offline ez

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2021, 12:27:38 AM »
I think this is the biggest statement of intent from the owners yet. Actions now backing up the words. Exciting times.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2021, 12:30:15 AM »
No idea how it's figured out but I'm fascinated by his defensive stats (The Athletic is the source) on this stat wheel:

https://twitter.com/Worville/status/1399405988017487876?s=19

Someone clevererer than me can post the image up. The other image is Odegaard's stats 'cause the poor fuckers are going to miss out on both.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal