collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 239743 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1380 on: February 12, 2022, 07:52:49 AM »
I think it was the wrong substitution against Leeds that’s all. I like Chuck, he has a great touch and knows how to play. Emi is so tenacious and buzzes about. Our tempo was lost with that swap.

Wrong substitution was bringing Young on into midfield
I’m quite happy with him being a backup fallback but that’s it, He’s no midfielder now and as soon as he comes on it weakens the whole team

No problem with Chucky but if you’re bringing on an old man in the premiership against a fit premier League side you’re gonna struggle

Young was the mistake not Chucky

I thought Chuck for Emi was the wrong switch, nothing against Chuck coming on at all. But in style one is buzzing all over the place Chuck seems to play at very different pace. I thought it should of been Sanson for Emi.

I was a bit miffed by Young, I guess he wanted experience out there.

Most teams in this league would have noted a dip in attacking intent though if they had to take the likes of Phil and Emi off, two very fine players. A joy to watch.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1381 on: February 12, 2022, 08:29:10 AM »
How things change. A few months back there were questions whether we'd bought a dud and now he is one of our most important players.

Online Ian.

« Reply #1382 on: February 12, 2022, 10:36:06 AM »
How things change. A few months back there were questions whether we'd bought a dud and now he is one of our most important players.

There was a few grumbles about him but most I’m sure knew he might need a little time to settle in. He is bloody ace though.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1383 on: February 12, 2022, 12:18:20 PM »

There was a few grumbles about him but most I’m sure knew he might need a little time to settle in. He is bloody ace though.

i’ll put my hands up and say I was worried at first
You can only judge by what you see and what we were seeing was someone slow not fast enough in the decision-making and lost position too many times
He was not looking a 35 million player

With time (not that much time really )He’s adjusted and turned it round
He’s now looking like the player we thought we bought
I’m a sucker for a good technical player with close control and vision and that’s what he is

I know people say you shouldn’t write players off and I didn’t I was just disappointed in what I was seeing but in the end the player has to start doing the job that he was bought for and Buendia is doing that
Just as importantly I think he’s enjoying himself now as well

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1384 on: February 12, 2022, 12:25:44 PM »
He’s admitted himself that it was a tough start.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1385 on: February 12, 2022, 12:29:41 PM »
I worried he was going to be a bit too lightweight to be effective and we'd massively overpaid, but his form in the last couple of months has put any of those worries too bed.

Online Ian.

« Reply #1386 on: March 10, 2022, 10:23:06 PM »
I love Emi and gutted he’s not starting, he’s one hell of a player. I can’t argue with the manager’s decision to leave him out but I do miss him starting. He was awesome when he come on tonight. That slide pass into the box he made was beautiful. Classy player and a his tenacity is fantastic.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1387 on: March 10, 2022, 10:35:28 PM »
I'm sure there will still be games when both Phil and Emi will start, but until then I like how he is not sulking and seems genuinely pleased to be back-up to Phil.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1388 on: March 10, 2022, 10:42:32 PM »
I feel the same, Ian. I was really hoping the twin tens thing would work better, but there's no argument to be made for it now on the evidence of what we're all seeing from playing two out and out up top with the one behind. I've no doubt we'd get results if that one was Buendia, but, well, Coutinho's better. No shame in that, he's better than almost everyone on the planet.

Could be worse for him, he could be a winger, he'd never get a game then!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1389 on: March 10, 2022, 10:44:18 PM »
This is the position we need to be in, where players like Buendia, Konsa and Sanson aren't guaranteed starters. Harsh on Hause perhaps, but he wasn't even in the squad tonight. We had over £100m worh of players on the subs bench tonight, and that's without all the uber-talented kids. All a far cry from having to bring the like of Elmo and Hourihane on (with no disrespect intended to that fine pair).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1390 on: March 10, 2022, 11:15:16 PM »
Agree with that. I love what he brings. The attitude, energy and guile.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #1391 on: March 11, 2022, 03:01:42 PM »
I'm sure there will still be games when both Phil and Emi will start, but until then I like how he is not sulking and seems genuinely pleased to be back-up to Phil.
I'm sorry to say this, but I think he is sulking. After Brighton he did come over to the away fans but didn't look very happy. After Saints and again last night he walked straight off down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans or joining the other players. Should we be worried about this or am I reading too much into it?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1392 on: March 11, 2022, 03:03:35 PM »
I'm sorry to say this, but I think he is sulking. After Brighton he did come over to the away fans but didn't look very happy. After Saints and again last night he walked straight off down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans or joining the other players. Should we be worried about this or am I reading too much into it?

He wants to play every 90 minutes. Can't blame him for being upset when he's lost his place even when playing well.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1393 on: March 11, 2022, 03:08:58 PM »
I think he's great and hopefully he'll have a big part to play for us over the next few years.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1394 on: March 11, 2022, 03:19:12 PM »
It's why European football is so important and a scourge at the same time.  More games to keep players happy and more potential injuries resulting in not great quality as back up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal