collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:27:52 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 08:27:07 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:23:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:20:07 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by jon collett
[Today at 08:19:03 PM]

Re: Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 08:17:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:15:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Liverpool FA Youth Cup Final Match thread - page 3  (Read 20114 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Loserpool FA Youth Cup Final Match thread - page 3
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2021, 07:47:21 AM »
Was great to watch. I couldn't believe my luck that it was on live over here in NZ.
Excellent performance and even though the score looked close, the Villa kids should have won by a great deal more.

They are a special bunch of youngsters.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2021, 08:21:23 AM »
Loserpool? For the First XI and Bingo no problem. But their youth team? Come on !

That said well done you Villa babbies. FTF!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2021, 08:23:56 AM »
Aaron Ramsey looked really good when he came on, and I thought Lindlay, Raikhy and Sylla all looked pretty useful. Both fullbacks played well; all fantastic for the future.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2021, 08:27:07 AM »
Was great to watch the Villa babbies play - first time I've done that since probably the mid-late 90s*.  Thanks to whoever posted the Arabic twitter feed link.

Very, very exciting young team there.  Chucky seemed to be involved in *everything*, thought Kessler looked really good too.  Don't think Louie Barry is quite ready for the first team yet, but my word - what a player he looks like he'll turn out to be.  Thought the striker, Young, looked like he'd be a right pain in the arse to play against.

* edit: well, the FA Cup match in January too, I guess ...

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2021, 08:35:36 AM »
Jedinak was at the game tonight assessing which of these lads might go out on loan next season. His primary role will be in development of the kids outside of the club.

Is Jedinak now employed by the club?  If so I've missed it being announced.  I've been wondering what had become of him.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2021, 08:40:20 AM »
Enjoyed it last night.  I was surprised how much noise 4,500 could make and it must have been a great experience for the lads.

The first half was outstanding, albeit occaisonally a bit sloppy at the back.  It felt like we were going to blow them away but Liverpool did come back into it, particularly in the second half  We tried to kill the game a bit but still had loads of chances.

Difficult to pick out outstanding players as they all contributed and were incredibly comfortable on the ball.

I was really impressed with both fullbacks, Kesler particulalry in the first half showed some great skill.  Revan was one of the main outlets in the second half and was really composed in posession.  I think with our excellent current first team fullbacks and these two coming through we're well set for the future.

Brad Young was tireless and a better player than I realised.  No idea if he will make it but it won't be for want of effort.  Raiky and Chuk are just so powerful they made everything look easy.

Barry strolls round with a swagger and just when you think he's too knackered, he off again driving into the box and causing problems.  I don't feel he's ready for the first team squad yet though.

Keeper did well, some decent saves and mostly clever distribution, perfectly comfortable receiving the ball at feet under pressure.  Comfortably caught a few crosses from corners too - although may find that tougher against a team whos players actually jump.

Overall an excellent night and well worth £7.50.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2021, 08:42:19 AM »
Win the cup final and rush off to get their phones from the changing room
I couldn't believe that - it's all on telly FFS!  Kids eh?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2021, 08:46:28 AM »
Jedinak was at the game tonight assessing which of these lads might go out on loan next season. His primary role will be in development of the kids outside of the club.

Is Jedinak now employed by the club?  If so I've missed it being announced.  I've been wondering what had become of him.

Yep a few weeks ago. He's our new Loan Player Development Coach.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2021, 08:53:26 AM »
Congrats to the young lads even if they made it it a little more nervy than they needed to. That's the 25 year trophy drought over. :)

Thanks also to Toronto Villa for the Twitter updates, very helpful!

We won it in 2002....
Just had a look at the team of 2002. We had Whitts (rip) Ridge, Moore L and Steven Davis break through from that side. You’d maybe expect a higher number from the 2021 crop to make it, all things going well. Probably half a dozen at least to properly kick on hopefully.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2021, 08:55:12 AM »
Loserpool? For the First XI and Bingo no problem. But their youth team? Come on !

That said well done you Villa babbies. FTF!

Whilst normally I agree with you, all of them who play there are tainted by Bingo's "concern" for our players and kids in the FA Cup AND the ESL crapness.

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
With Kesler and Barry, Carney Chukwuemeka, they're the boys that's gonna do us proud.

Applause

Offline caster troy

« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2021, 09:34:05 AM »
One thing I like is that there is continuity with how the first team play. Keeper looks to play it out from the back, full backs bomb on with defensive midfielder slotting in to cover, high press, lone striker constantly hassling the opposition back line. Even down to the individuals, Bogarde reminds me of Konsa, Barry/Grealish etc.

If anything they play a more advanced version of what the first team are trying to do. Always looking for short corners and free kicks, switching positions. It's (dare I say it) a bit like Barcelona at their peak a few years ago in terms of style.

All this means that if/when they are ready, they can slot into the first team system more easily. It feels like we actually have a plan these days, which is very refreshing. In Sean Verity's post match interview he mentioned how different the atmosphere is at the club now, how engaged the owners and CEO are and said 'this club is going places.' It's hard not to be excited right now.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
Did anyone else hear that little lad in the Lower Holte last night. Sang his songs from beginning to end, often on his own. Outstanding effort.

I went for a wee at half time and I could still hear him from the concourse!

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2021, 09:47:10 AM »
I loved it....a great end to a Aston Villa season.

I thought the season would just peiter out over the last couple of games, so two wins vs those ESL wankers and a cup for the Villa Youth was lovely.

UTV
The Doc

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2021, 09:57:01 AM »
Did anyone else hear that little lad in the Lower Holte last night. Sang his songs from beginning to end, often on his own. Outstanding effort.

I went for a wee at half time and I could still hear him from the concourse!

He was stood not far from us. As an old grumpy git I love to see that sort of enthusiasm from kids. My throat is sore this morning though, but it felt good to be back. How did it come across on TV?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal