collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The H&V Player of the Season vote  (Read 13337 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: The H&V Player of the Season vote
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2021, 09:39:01 AM »
When Jack plays our points gained increases by50%.
No brainer

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2021, 09:42:49 AM »
No brainer

That's my view also. It's like back in the 90's with McGrath, it's a gimme that he's player of the season and it's just a question of who's the best of the rest.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2021, 10:04:46 AM »
No brainer

That's my view also. It's like back in the 90's with McGrath, it's a gimme that he's player of the season and it's just a question of who's the best of the rest.

Everyone knows JG is our best player by far.  He's not our best player when he's not playing though and given that he's missed 12 games other players become our best or most important player in that time. Given that Martinez was for argument's sake our 2nd best player while Jack was playing and our best player when he wasn't has to make him overall our best contributor/player of the season. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
The player I'd pay to watch (if I were allowed) would be Grealish all day long. He's just different class and as such, it's him.

However, Martinez has been awesome, helped ably by the defence, and in particular Konsa from that unit. Mings is a true leader and though he's made the odd mistake, I wouldn't want to lose him. Targett is definitely most improved, there's been some great coaching done with him. Cash has also done really well.

Up front Watkins has shown and energy and determination as well as ability that in many a past season would have seen him win the award.

Any good team has a decent spine and as has been said, our weak spot there is midfield. Luiz and McGinn will, in my view get better but at the moment they, along with our wingers (barring Grealish in the left) are our weakness.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »
Emi for me he's been in brilliant form since he signed for us he's won us lots of points.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
I voted for Konsa, for a couple of reasons.  If Jack is fit for the entire season, then he's the obvious choice, no question.  Then it was close between Konsa and Martinez.  I went for Ezri because I like that he's a great example of how we recruit these days.  How many people would have predicted he'd even be in the conversation for player of the year this season 6 months after he joined us?  He's certainly outperformed Tyrone this season.

I think he's a real gem, and in the next couple of years, he will become an absolutely top-class centre-half with the International recognition to go with it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2021, 12:40:36 PM »
I voted for Konsa, for a couple of reasons.  If Jack is fit for the entire season, then he's the obvious choice, no question.  Then it was close between Konsa and Martinez.  I went for Ezri because I like that he's a great example of how we recruit these days.  How many people would have predicted he'd even be in the conversation for player of the year this season 6 months after he joined us?  He's certainly outperformed Tyrone this season.

I think he's a real gem, and in the next couple of years, he will become an absolutely top-class centre-half with the International recognition to go with it.

I hope so. I fear that Maguire and Stones will be retained though; they are 28 and 26 and Southgate will probably keep playing them until the next Euros at least.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »

I hope so. I fear that Maguire and Stones will be retained though; they are 28 and 26 and Southgate will probably keep playing them until the next Euros at least.

It's frustrating as we can all see that the likes of Stones (and Walker) always have a mistake in them, Maguire too to a lesser extent. 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
Emi for me - ever present and consistently fantastic.

As an aside, how on earth has Targett got three times the votes of Ollie?!?!?  That's the sort of voting pattern that would put a Eurovision judge in to a cold sweat!

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2021, 01:45:08 PM »
I love Ollie but there have been plenty of games where he has struggled and he has had a couple of long scoring droughts. He definitely deserves to be mentioned on this thread but you can probably count the number of games where Targett has been less than 7 out of 10 on two fingers. We have had such issues with left backs for so long, but he has solved the problem.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2021, 01:46:28 PM »
I went for Watkins in the end, not since Saunders have we had a forward who works his nuts off so tirelessly and he's been at it all season with hardly any backup.  It was a toss up between him, Targett and Emi but then again I'd have gone for Grealish had he been fit all season.  Can't remember the last time we were so spoilt for choice, hopefully we have the same problem next year.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
Emi Martinez wins Supporters' Player of the Year

https://mobile.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1396519517631746048

Matt Targett wins Players' Player of the Year

https://mobile.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1396476750863949831

Anwar El Ghazi (vs Palace, home) wins Goal of the Year

https://mobile.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1396477302934999040

Carney Chukwuemeka wins Academy Player of the Year

https://mobile.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1396477010650750981

Congratulations all, well deserved.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2021, 10:39:16 AM »
Until February it was Grealish and a 4 man play off for 2nd between Watkins, Targett, Konsa and Martinez but missing a 3rd of the season changes that. I still struggle to pick between those 4 but Watkins was getting the least love on the poll so he got my vote. Those 5 have been superb though, with Mings, Cash and McGinn only a very small step below them.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2021, 10:53:34 AM »
Jack is our most important player, no question.  We've all seen that when he's out the team.

And after some of the duffers we've had in goal in recent seasons its great to see a commanding presence like Emi back there.  I hope he's in goal for us for the next ten years.

If this vote had been made pre West Ham at home, it would have been Emi no question. But - even though he has still played to a high standard and kept us in games - there were a few goals in that match and beyond where I thought he could have done better.

So Matt Targett for me. Our most consistent player overall.

After a shakey start against Sheff U at home and Fulham away I don't think he's put a foot wrong.

Ezri would be up there as well.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »
Was/Is there an official club end of season awards night with the players and a bunch of the best season ticket holders?

Nigel Kennedy providing entertainment, Dean Saunders and Shaun Teale doing a bit of crooning on-stage. Chicken in a basket and a bottle of red on tables. Dave Ismay MC'ing...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal