collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by eye digress
[Today at 09:43:05 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:33:36 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:33:23 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 14083 times)

Offline Exeter 77

Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »
And when Kane does something like that it's 'clever'.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2021, 04:44:15 PM »
It’s unbelievable how games against them follow the same pattern.

And I have no doubt, that if the ball had gone out within five seconds of the handball he would have been sent to the monitor. Arm in the air and away from the body, it’s a handball. We are too naive and nice and have been for years. We have to change our mindset.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »
Luiz makes a mistake, Mings gets done and Martinez should of done better, cash loses Cavani but he’s a class act. However I thought we played quite well, I like the fact we went for it and we should of had two pens, if Ollie doesn’t wrongly get sent off and we score that pen, 2-3 with a few mins to go, I fancy us to equalise. Sky sports commentary, terrible, joking at beginning of 2nd half on which minute Man U would equalise, showed the Ollie challenge once only, if that was at the other end, do you imagine!
Can the second yellow for Ollie be rescinded?
Either way, deflating but not bit terrible and some really good performances, Konsa, Targett, McGinn in particular

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2021, 04:47:19 PM »

And I have no doubt, that if the ball had gone out within five seconds of the handball he would have been sent to the monitor. Arm in the air and away from the body, it’s a handball. We are too naive and nice and have been for years. We have to change our mindset.

We need a legitimate, ruthless leader.

Edit: It's usually just McGinn that throws his palms up to protest. Traore, El Ghazi, Ollie, etc never so much as raise their voice.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:49:24 PM by villadelph »

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2021, 04:49:56 PM »
It would be interesting to see some stats on how long Sky spend analysing contentious incidents that go in favour of the Wankathon Teams, as compared with those that go against them.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »

Kane makes sure he gets contact first, as would Grealish....didn't think Watkins was 'clever' enough for that incident to be honest.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2021, 04:52:20 PM »

We need a legitimate, ruthless leader.

Edit: It's usually just McGinn that throws his palms up to protest. Traore, El Ghazi, Ollie, etc never so much as raise their voice.

Wherever they play, some personalities like Peter Withe, Roy Keane and John Terry on the firm.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2021, 04:52:45 PM »
Luiz fucked up, mings made his usual fuck up, but I bet the ref gets the blame on here.
You team managed to avoid relegation to League 1 so well done.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2021, 04:56:05 PM »

Kane makes sure he gets contact first, as would Grealish....didn't think Watkins was 'clever' enough for that incident to be honest.

Whether you see it as clever or ensuring you don't rupture a ligament.. it wasn't a yellow card. Awfully brazen of a referee to hand out a yellow in the dying minutes of a 2 goal game to a striker facing the knee high studs of a reckless goalkeeper. Then you remind yourself who we're up against - and it all makes sense. The VAR review took less than 5 seconds which tells you all you need to know. No concern for the safety of Ollie, but instead ensuring their rationale to give the advantage to manu.

Unfortunately, its nothing out of the ordinary and every club in the league expects things like this. Corruption.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:58:26 PM by villadelph »

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2021, 04:57:14 PM »
I despise those cheating tossers and wont watch another game against them.  Umpteen years of the same outcomes and biased decisions is like groundhog day and enough is enough.

Offline levico

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »
It’s the hope that kills you.
It really does.

I’ll take your word for it.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
I didn't watch the game, so can't comment on performance. I see red scum got their usual penalty.
The match was officiated by someone from Manchester; dodgy or what? Thanks Smithy for the still of Ollie. Watkins getting sent off for simulation is laughable when the simulator-in-chief (the arrogant f-ckwit pogba) is on the pitch.
F-ck manu, f-ck their sh-t fans and f-ck the blatant biased coverage and decisions they get.
UTV!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 05:02:25 PM by Abbeyfealeavfc »

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2021, 04:59:09 PM »
I despise those cheating tossers and wont watch another game against them.  Umpteen years of the same outcomes and biased decisions is like groundhog day and enough is enough.

I will follow this example. It's ludicrous how predictable these games are.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2021, 04:59:33 PM »
There were some good performances,especially in defence with Targett being outstanding.McGinn played well and so did Dougie until the manupenalty,one word,which is a special feature of their games.
We looked better when the ineffective Barkley was replaced.Ramsey looked sharp in a 2 man central midfield .Davis once again bullied a central defender and Traore looks dangerous the closer he is to the opposition box and further away from ours.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2021, 04:59:40 PM »
Dean Smith saying that the penalty decision for foul on Pogba was 'pathetic'. There were a number of things in this game to question but not that. Hope instead he and the coaches have a word with Luiz.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal