collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game  (Read 37856 times)

Offline artvandelay

Re: Ticket Ballot For Chelsea Game
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 04:34:27 PM »
How are they working the ballot if you apply in a group? Surely extra people would decrease your chances of your group getting tickets? Or if there's one of you that doesn't get tickets is it just a smaller group?
I was wondering that.  Or if one person gets pulled out the hat does the whole group get a ticket thus increasing the chances?  I don't see how they can split them as groups may include kids, designated drivers etc

They are not splitting groups.  If you apply for 6, either all 6 will get a ticket or nobody will.

So if you apply as a 6 then you're reducing your chances of getting a ticket, with most likely to get a ticket applying individually? I'd like to sit with my dad but I want to see the game more than I want to have his company while I'm watching it, I've had enough of that over the past year and a bit!

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 04:43:19 PM »
Lots of third parties advertising tickets on line £200 to £500. How and where are they getting them from?

They literally can’t have them. No one will know until the 14th if they’ve been successful.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2021, 04:46:12 PM »
Can I clarify do you have to be a season ticket holder for this ballot!?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 04:47:18 PM »

Yes Footy

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 04:51:10 PM »

Yes Footy

Right. (Thanks)

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 05:07:26 PM »
Lots of third parties advertising tickets on line £200 to £500. How and where are they getting them from?

They literally can’t have them. No one will know until the 14th if they’ve been successful.
And if I’ve read it correctly each e-ticket will have a watermark of the photograph we’ve had to upload so getting in on a second hand ticket could be tricky (assuming it’s policed strictly on the day).

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 05:12:13 PM »
How are they working the ballot if you apply in a group? Surely extra people would decrease your chances of your group getting tickets? Or if there's one of you that doesn't get tickets is it just a smaller group?
I was wondering that.  Or if one person gets pulled out the hat does the whole group get a ticket thus increasing the chances?  I don't see how they can split them as groups may include kids, designated drivers etc

They are not splitting groups.  If you apply for 6, either all 6 will get a ticket or nobody will.

So if you apply as a 6 then you're reducing your chances of getting a ticket, with most likely to get a ticket applying individually? I'd like to sit with my dad but I want to see the game more than I want to have his company while I'm watching it, I've had enough of that over the past year and a bit!

This seems strange. If you apply as a group of 6 you'd have a 0.06% chance of all of you getting a ticket..

Will they not just put the groups in different ballots? So like, if there's 100 groups of 6 that have applied for tickets all members of 33 of these groups (or whatever the ratio is) will get tickets and no members of the other 67 groups will get tickets? Then they'd do the same percentages for groups of 5, 4 etc.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 05:24:19 PM »
I'm still a bit uneasy about it so feel I may as well not apply as would be taking up the seat of someone who is more keen than me.

I assume not applying won't affect my ability to buy a season ticket when things are back to normal?

Same here. I want nothing to do with attending games this season.

Same here. My nephew was trying earlier and messaged me for my ID, but I said not to bother.

I want to come back to a full and rocking Villa Park.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2021, 05:28:12 PM »
I'm still a bit uneasy about it so feel I may as well not apply as would be taking up the seat of someone who is more keen than me.

I assume not applying won't affect my ability to buy a season ticket when things are back to normal?

Same here. I want nothing to do with attending games this season.

Same here. My nephew was trying earlier and messaged me for my ID, but I said not to bother.

I want to come back to a full and rocking Villa Park.

My thoughts exactly Lee, I’ve waited this long a couple more months I can deal with

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »
Apologies if this has been discussed already.

I have a group of 3 season tickets: me, my brother, and the third is shared between my daughter and nephew.

At present the third one doesn't have a photo loaded to it, but it's in my nephew's name. My daughter would like to have the chance to go.

Will they check the photos and how will they do it anyway?

Online itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2021, 05:32:19 PM »
We've entered. Crossing everything now and rubbing the lucky Villa gnome - normally just a pre-match ritual, now it's a pre-ballot ritual !

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »
Can’t everyone eligible apply in their own right? Therefore each group of six can have six entries as lead names?

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2021, 05:49:42 PM »
Can’t everyone eligible apply in their own right? Therefore each group of six can have six entries as lead names?

Using this method you could end up with 36 tickets, but only 6 different photos on the tickets.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »

You can only be entered once, either by yourself or in somebody else's group. I've tried, wouldn't let me as my brother had already assigned me to one of his entries.

Offline exigo

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2021, 06:46:47 PM »
A bunch of us spent ages trying to work out the maths, and the best chance of probability.
Our hunch was that a group of six has a slightly higher chance earlier in the random draw; but that smaller groups will have a better chance later on, as the system tries to 'fill' in the edges of rows. None of us could quite crunch the numbers any more accurately than that though. My maths used to be better than it is now.
So in the end we split into a few groups of two. Be gutting to see mates going if we miss out though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal