collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season's kits  (Read 215635 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Next season's kits
« Reply #1110 on: June 01, 2022, 05:38:59 AM »
Just get fucking Umbro in to sort it! We’ll have a decent kit at a decent price, available when most people want to buy it

what if they don't offer us the most money or the most lucrative deal/package to be our kit supplier?
guess it’s about priorities. What’s Villa’s priority, getting a decent kit out for supporters to buy in the summer, or twatting around for pences?

do you really believe it's pennies that makes the difference? I would imagine it's a lot more than that. Umbro barely does any football kits any more. It's something they don't want to spend a lot of money on. So my guess is outside of West Ham and Schalke, they don't focus much on the professional game in terms of attire. And the argument can certainly be made that Castore in a very short space of time have greater brand presence than Umbro in football kits today with 3 PL deals heading into 2022/2023, as well as with Rangers and Roma.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1111 on: June 01, 2022, 06:07:50 AM »
Will they / can they deliver? When was the last time a Villa top was available when it needed to be?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1112 on: June 01, 2022, 08:13:34 AM »
Just get fucking Umbro in to sort it! We’ll have a decent kit at a decent price, available when most people want to buy it

what if they don't offer us the most money or the most lucrative deal/package to be our kit supplier?
guess it’s about priorities. What’s Villa’s priority, getting a decent kit out for supporters to buy in the summer, or twatting around for pences?

The money. Have you missed the last thirty years?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1113 on: June 01, 2022, 09:48:36 AM »
Aston Villa have signed a multi-year partnership with premium sportswear brand Castore, supplying kits for the start of the 2022/23 season.

The agreement signifies Castore’s continued push into the highest level of English football, the Premier League, and is a further statement of Aston Villa’s intent to partner with premium brands who share the Club’s ambitions.

Castore and Aston Villa are both aligned in terms of their future goals which include; striving for excellence, having a clear strategic direction and adopting a challenger mentality - making the new partnership a perfect synergy.

The new partnership sees Castore supply Villa with kits across all men’s, women’s and Academy teams together with the club’s large and passionate fanbase in the UK and across the world. Castore’s range of exclusive Villa branded match apparel, training and leisure wear will be designed and manufactured with ultimate performance in mind.

The new home kit will be unveiled ahead of Villa’s pre-season tour to Australia in July, giving supporters the chance to see the kit in action ahead of the new season. Two alternative match kits to the world famous Claret and Blue will be released in the coming months.
Castore

Pascal Lafitte, Director of Partnerships at Castore, said: “Aston Villa is the perfect fit for Castore due to their growth ambitions and relentless desire to innovate, on the pitch and with their partners, and we are beyond excited to be partnering with the club.

“We can’t wait to get started with them next season and challenge each other to push the boundaries of everything we will do together."

Nicola Ibbetson, Chief Commercial Officer at Aston Villa, said: “This is a landmark partnership for the Club, joining with an exciting British brand who understand our ambition and strategy.

“Ensuring we can provide high quality sportswear for both our players and supporters is crucial to the Club. Over the past four seasons our shirt sales have increased four-fold as our supporters around the world have reconnected with the club and we are delighted to continue this journey with Castore.”

Castore are excited to have Aston Villa join their already prolific line-up of sporting teams and personalities, such as McLaren F1, England Cricket, Saracens Rugby and Sir Andy Murray.

We pay people to write this shite?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2012/02/06/villa-become-flagship-uk-club-in-record-breaking-deal-with-macron

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/05/20/aston-villa-partner-with-kappa

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/01/under-armour-confirmed

« Reply #1114 on: June 01, 2022, 09:52:47 AM »
I can’t think of another club that has had more shirt manufacturers than we have. I reckon that Castore will be our 13th. Does that sound right?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1115 on: June 01, 2022, 10:08:07 AM »
I can’t think of another club that has had more shirt manufacturers than we have. I reckon that Castore will be our 13th. Does that sound right?

And not one of them has managed to get the shirts on sale in good time, it is genuinely unbelievable.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1116 on: June 01, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »
Seems strange we dont have an Adidas kit, we've never had one either have we?

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1117 on: June 01, 2022, 10:12:46 AM »

No, nor Puma, none of the German giants. We've gone Italian a couple of times and they've been shit.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1118 on: June 01, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
I still can't quite get my head round how a company like Castore has gone from a start up to providing half of the Premier League teams in a little over a couple of years.

Big investment from private equity isn't it? They will go big at the beginning, throw the money around and then, as they grow they will reap the rewards down the line.

They got about £7m I think. Yet they're competing against the likes of Adidas (worldwide turnover 21 billion) and Nike (worldwide turnover 36 billion). Even Kappa have turnover of 8 billion. Fair play I guess, it just seems a bit odd.

I'm leaning more towards it being a bit odd than fair play to them. It'll be difficult for a company to grow that quickly and unless it's managed properly I suspect we may pay for it in terms of supply and quality issues. Will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1119 on: June 01, 2022, 10:17:51 AM »

No, nor Puma, none of the German giants. We've gone Italian a couple of times and they've been shit.

We need to go 80s casual. Ellesse, Lacoste or Sergio Tacchini.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1120 on: June 01, 2022, 10:18:12 AM »
I still can't quite get my head round how a company like Castore has gone from a start up to providing half of the Premier League teams in a little over a couple of years.

Big investment from private equity isn't it? They will go big at the beginning, throw the money around and then, as they grow they will reap the rewards down the line.

They got about £7m I think. Yet they're competing against the likes of Adidas (worldwide turnover 21 billion) and Nike (worldwide turnover 36 billion). Even Kappa have turnover of 8 billion. Fair play I guess, it just seems a bit odd.

I'm leaning more towards it being a bit odd than fair play to them. It'll be difficult for a company to grow that quickly and unless it's managed properly I suspect we may pay for it in terms of supply and quality issues. Will be very happy to be proved wrong.

To be fair, they've handled the zombies well enough it seems, which I'd imagine in terms of shirt numbers would be bigger than our demand.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1121 on: June 01, 2022, 10:19:23 AM »
The new Spurs away kit

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-hotspur-leaked-away-shirt-27115861?fs=e&s=cl#l3vdliqi36snyxb196k

I guess some over paid designer thought they were being smart?

« Reply #1122 on: June 01, 2022, 10:22:03 AM »
The 1978 Mexico national shirt was made by Levi’s

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1123 on: June 01, 2022, 10:24:58 AM »

We need to go 80s casual. Ellesse, Lacoste or Sergio Tacchini.

Kappa was a good start, they did some great stuff in the 80s, football kits were great as well, I'm thinking of the Baresi AC Milan one and the Platini Juventus, the ones they did for us recently, not so much.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1124 on: June 01, 2022, 10:26:06 AM »
The new Spurs away kit

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-hotspur-leaked-away-shirt-27115861?fs=e&s=cl#l3vdliqi36snyxb196k

I guess some over paid designer thought they were being smart?

That's terrible, and not even in a "that's so bad it's good" sort of way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal