collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season's kits  (Read 213036 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Next season's kits
« Reply #1095 on: May 31, 2022, 02:00:14 PM »
Genuinely expected better from Axl. You anticipate repugnant behaviour from the Brazilian Villains of this worlds,

And that's only the stuff you know about......Mwahahaha!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1096 on: May 31, 2022, 03:06:15 PM »
I still can't quite get my head round how a company like Castore has gone from a start up to providing half of the Premier League teams in a little over a couple of years.

Competing with some of the biggest and most established brands in the world. Pretty impressive.

It really is impressive. I'd love to know how they did it.  A share of the company profits if targets are met, rebates, who knows?  I do like the logo though.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1097 on: May 31, 2022, 03:16:30 PM »
I still can't quite get my head round how a company like Castore has gone from a start up to providing half of the Premier League teams in a little over a couple of years.

Competing with some of the biggest and most established brands in the world. Pretty impressive.

It really is impressive. I'd love to know how they did it.  A share of the company profits if targets are met, rebates, who knows?  I do like the logo though.

Adidas, Nike and Puma are really lazy though, stock designs, boring templates used across clubs and countries with no discernible feel for what clubs are about. Plenty of room for upstart companies with bold design and commercial offers.

I realise Macron were pretty low rent and poor quality but do you remember the Italian designer guy in the fluffy scarf who did the first kits, now that’s showing a bit of flair none of this Adidas or Nike template nonsense where your shirts are just a different colour to whoever they do in Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga .

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1098 on: May 31, 2022, 03:44:18 PM »
I realise Macron were pretty low rent and poor quality but do you remember the Italian designer guy in the fluffy scarf who did the first kits, now that’s showing a bit of flair none of this Adidas or Nike template nonsense where your shirts are just a different colour to whoever they do in Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga .

I remember that video, it was a bit different, definitely.

Unfortunately, the shirt he produced was absolutely fucking minging.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1099 on: May 31, 2022, 03:45:06 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if so called super agents, like Mendes and Barnett, have invested  into this company to snap the slice of the cake that's mostly with Nike and adidas ATM.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1100 on: May 31, 2022, 03:47:57 PM »
You'll be on more lists than Prince Andrew at this rate!

Ha!
But Axl I know you were never there with yogurt. You like Margherita Pizza.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #1101 on: May 31, 2022, 03:55:08 PM »
I liked the Muller kits but I my defense I was probably too young to know better and we had a decent team in it that won something no matter how quickly it fell apart afterwards. I don't mind the odd variant every 5 years or so but for me we are claret shirts blue sleeves. Coventry can wear checks, quarters, stripes and halves every season but we are the Villa so there. Even Blues don't mess with their basic formula too often, the most drastic thing they do is add or subtract how much white is on the shirt.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1102 on: May 31, 2022, 04:00:54 PM »

Big investment from private equity isn't it? They will go big at the beginning, throw the money around and then, as they grow they will reap the rewards down the line.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1103 on: May 31, 2022, 04:38:24 PM »

Big investment from private equity isn't it? They will go big at the beginning, throw the money around and then, as they grow they will reap the rewards down the line.
Or not

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1104 on: May 31, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »

They got about £7m I think. Yet they're competing against the likes of Adidas (worldwide turnover 21 billion) and Nike (worldwide turnover 36 billion). Even Kappa have turnover of 8 billion. Fair play I guess, it just seems a bit odd.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1105 on: May 31, 2022, 04:46:54 PM »

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #1106 on: June 01, 2022, 01:38:21 AM »
The Chinese are quick out the blocks too!

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&dspm=pcen.hp.searclick.1.5vRntwkE58gLCxHfTmyv%26resource_id%3D&sus=&searchkey=aston+villa&catalog=#pusearch1812

Cheap as chips, too.
Doesn’t appear to have a badge, though, which is probably the reason

They are good replicas and they do come with badges, the sizes tend to be small though. I have a dhgate account and i've bought a few shirts and they are a lot cheaper than the usual outlets.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1107 on: June 01, 2022, 04:21:35 AM »
Just get fucking Umbro in to sort it! We’ll have a decent kit at a decent price, available when most people want to buy it

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1108 on: June 01, 2022, 05:05:17 AM »
Just get fucking Umbro in to sort it! We’ll have a decent kit at a decent price, available when most people want to buy it

what if they don't offer us the most money or the most lucrative deal/package to be our kit supplier?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1109 on: June 01, 2022, 05:27:02 AM »

what if they don't offer us the most money or the most lucrative deal/package to be our kit supplier?
guess it’s about priorities. What’s Villa’s priority, getting a decent kit out for supporters to buy in the summer, or twatting around for pences?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal