collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 17132 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »
The most predictable result all weekend.

How much did you win? Correct score, must've been a few bob.

I lost. (Liverpool 2-1, Salah anytime and over 7 corners)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:37 PM »
6 home defeats on the bounce and desperately need to turn it round?  Players going through a rough patch and not scored for aeons? Fear not, the ever obliging Aston Villa are your ideal next opponents, pants down, bent double, gaping hole, fully lubed, written invitation.

Liverpool looked pretty ordinary by their standards and we chucked that away.   Two points pissed away at Newcastle in injury time, and another one here. 

Smith has to take the blame, Davis should have come on ahead of either Barkley or AEG.  In fact he should have started.  Defence is their weak point, two inexperienced CBs,  Alexander Arnold struggling defensively, and Alison out of form.  Stupid not to go at them.

And if that Cash incident with Kane was a penalty then so was TAA going through Trez.  But then Villa don’t get those do they.

Do you really have to come out with that sort of homophobic nonsense?

Explain how that is homophobic? Did I mention anyone of the same sex doing anything to anyone else of the same sex?  No I didn't.   Why do people feel the need to actively seek out offence these day. It's fucking tragic. 

Or you could just accept that the top line is fucking tripe and apologise for it.

Or I could just ignore you, which is much more preferable.

Plenty of people would find the first line of your post somewhere between crass and wildly homophobic so it really is a simple thing to apologise and delete it instead of having arguments with a whole bunch of people over it and thinking calling them 'woke' or 'snowflake' or any other bollocks does anything but show you up even more.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »
Did the Villa play today?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2021, 06:35:41 PM »
The first line is fine. It is the third and fourth lines that are being questioned.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2021, 06:36:45 PM »

I’m not easily offended, it’s just crass and has obvious connotations, like I said something from another time. But up to you if your happy enough with it.

It has "connotations"?  Sure if you are looking for some, which you would be if absolutely determined to be offended.  You can read into something whatever you want, through the filter of your own prejudices and attitudes.  Doesn't mean they are actually there.

If you can't see what is offensive in what you wrote, and if you then want to criticize and abuse anyone who does take offence, this isn't the place for you.

You accused me of being homophobic.  You still haven't explained why or in what sense you could make that claim.  And bear in mind you've done that, making a baseless and potentially damaging accusation on a public forum. Maybe it isn't the right place for you.

I'm not putting up with this shit in more ways than one.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2021, 06:49:47 PM »
For me, we played with nine men. Traore and Tres were both so poor. I thought Nakamba was better so was puzzled when he came off first. Both Barkley and AEG were equally as poor when they came on. Luiz was also better today but when you're carry two, it’s inevitable that the result will be negative at this level. I’m afraid that this squad has reached its level. They’ve got us this far but we need big improvements to progress further. If we start next season with these players in the first eleven we will at best stay where we are or more likely go backwards

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »
For me, we played with nine men. Traore and Tres were both so poor. I thought Nakamba was better so was puzzled when he came off first. Both Barkley and AEG were equally as poor when they came on. Luiz was also better today but when you're carry two, it’s inevitable that the result will be negative at this level. I’m afraid that this squad has reached its level. They’ve got us this far but we need big improvements to progress further. If we start next season with these players in the first eleven we will at best stay where we are or more likely go backwards

but again Trez hit the post with a fantastic effort and should've been given a penalty. It's fine margins but this thread could easily be everyone celebrating him having been instrumental in 2 goals.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2021, 07:05:46 PM »
Bringing on Barkley, what on earth was the point in that? He's not our player, he won't be here next season,and other than the first two or three games he's been abysmal.  Why not give somebody who will be here next season a chance? Davis came on and changed the game last week, so while I'm not a huge fan of his, he deserved a chance today ahead of Ross sodding Barkley who has done bugger all to deserve another chance. It was the same last year when he persevered with that waste of space Danny Drinkwater. Clueless.

Well if we improve in the summer up front, Davis won't be here either.

He's a year into a new four year contract. Don't think Davis will be going anywhere.

Really?! I thought (and I'm always wrong) that we took up a year's option in his existing contract last season, and that he was out of contract at the end of this season.

Nope, signed a new four year contract last year.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »
Frustrating. Frustrated. Fucked off.

They showed they have a lot of good players and dug out a win. We just didn't have enough.

It shows we need a couple of new forwards next year. Barkley really isn't showing anything. Traore tries some really stupid stuff. Trez is a trier and can pop up with goals, he was so close today.

We'll be better again next season.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »

but again Trez hit the post with a fantastic effort and should've been given a penalty. It's fine margins but this thread could easily be everyone celebrating him having been instrumental in 2 goals.
Yes great, but you or I could have have had that one shot. Overall he has reached his limit and if we want to take the next step he needs replacing

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2021, 07:18:02 PM »
Being better next season would be good. Not being there is shit.

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2021, 07:26:06 PM »
I struggle with Barkley, he doesn’t look that interested. Never busts a gut to chase a ball down or track back.

That said, he has a good touch and an eye for a pass, but he is a pure luxury as in effect we play with 10 men for the majority of the time he is on the pitch.

Thought Traore and SJM were poor today, Traore for losing possession and SJM for not getting involved enough.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2021, 07:36:13 PM »
I think it was a pretty inappropriate remark.

On the game it was disappointing. Our season is fizzling out, but overall it’s been good progress and I think the areas of improvement are clear.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:18 PM »
Totally unnecessary remark.
We lost a game we could have won in the last minute.
Hoping the Trez injury isn't serious but it looks it.

Online Skerra

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2021, 07:47:05 PM »
DS has said that he wanted to get Barkley on as he can change a game. What player has he been watching over the last month or so? Only thing he changed was to contribute to us losing by being so lazy. Really wouldn’t mind if he never played for us ever again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal