collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 16825 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
Typical fucking Villa. Just about did enough to get a point then threw it away.

Martinez - 7 - Good saves, could do little about either goal.
Cash - 7 - Aggressive all game and played well.
Konsa - 7 - solid as ever
Mings - 6 - loses a point for the rick but solid otherwise
Targett - 7 - solid, dealt well with Salah
Nakamba - 3 - absolutely fucking useless, an absolute liability with the ball, and not much better without it
Luiz - 7 - battled well today Dougie and hopefully a return to form
McGinn - 7 - ran his bollocks off but seemed to drift in and out the game
Traore - 2 - to quote Steve Bruce 'it was one of those horrible ones'
Trezeguet - 6 - as usual ran his bollocks off but didn't cause TAA enough problems, gained a point for hitting the post
Watkins - 7 - Good goal which shows how clinical he can be when given the right service

Barkley - 4 - got in a couple of good positions and fluffed his lines, not sure why he even came on
El Ghazi - 4 - not as bad as Traore
Ramsey - 5 - didn't have much chance to show much

Smith - 5 -  Team selection puzzling and as much as he got his subs right last week he got them wrong this week. Nakambas selection for a start, wtaf! What the fuck Barkley is doing anywhere near this team is anyones guess and with two weak Liverpool centre backs how he didn't find room for a Davis sub is frankly puzzling.

Other than that, it was better than Fulham so maybe some encouragement. We seriously need to do something about our wingers though, could any one of the three of them try and put in a 90 minute performance at some point soon?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:46 PM »

I'm not sure why I venture into the match thread. It's a new and unpleasant experience in COVID, as it seems ultra reactionary and off colour. I certainly wasn't watch the game that was causing so much anger and leading to some ridiculous comments
Don't be a drama monarch! It's the match thread. That is what it is for.  COVID?

Fair enough. By COVID it means none of us can get there. I'd love to be disappointed on the East Lancs right now rather than disappointed on my couch.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:53 PM »
A missed opportunity for sure.

Would love to have seen Davis and Watkins up against Kazak and Phillips.

Can't understand why that didn't happen.

Because our manager thought it would be better to stick a 19 year old central midfielder on the right wing instead as not to upset his 4-3-3.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:53 PM »
Bringing on Barkley, what on earth was the point in that? He's not our player, he won't be here next season,and other than the first two or three games he's been abysmal.  Why not give somebody who will be here next season a chance? Davis came on and changed the game last week, so while I'm not a huge fan of his, he deserved a chance today ahead of Ross sodding Barkley who has done bugger all to deserve another chance. It was the same last year when he persevered with that waste of space Danny Drinkwater. Clueless.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 05:53:34 PM »

I'm not sure why I venture into the match thread. It's a new and unpleasant experience in COVID, as it seems ultra reactionary and off colour. I certainly wasn't watch the game that was causing so much anger and leading to some ridiculous comments
Don't be a drama monarch! It's the match thread. That is what it is for.  COVID?

The Match Thread is where the Russians test out their negativity-bots, I thought everyone knew that.

Offline Ads

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 05:53:49 PM »
Bringing on Barkley, what on earth was the point in that? He's not our player, he won't be here next season,and other than the first two or three games he's been abysmal.  Why not give somebody who will be here next season a chance? Davis came on and changed the game last week, so while I'm not a huge fan of his, he deserved a chance today ahead of Ross sodding Barkley who has done bugger all to deserve another chance. It was the same last year when he persevered with that waste of space Danny Drinkwater. Clueless.

Well if we improve in the summer up front, Davis won't be here either.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2021, 05:56:23 PM »

He's a year into a new four year contract. Don't think Davis will be going anywhere.

Online Baldy

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2021, 05:57:02 PM »
Liverpool looked a shadow of last season but I thought we were poor especially in the first half. The most frustrating thing is we make the same mistakes over and over and over. I’ve seen far worse Villa sides but few that enrage me as much as this one. The ball doesn’t stick up top. We give the ball away unchallenged so many times and teams can drive a bus through the centre of our midfield. We have no plan B. We are so set it our ways tactics wise. When it works it’s great but when it doesn’t we seem incapable of changing anything. I love Smith more than anyone in the world. But if I owned this football club I’m not sure I’d be willing to give him another £150m to spend because let’s face it that’s what we need to challenge at the top end.

My sentiments exactly.

Of course we are better than last year, we have spent millions and millions and millions!!

Based on our performances in the last 3 months though, our owners must have plenty of concerns.  >:(

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2021, 05:57:42 PM »
A missed opportunity for sure.

Would love to have seen Davis and Watkins up against Kazak and Phillips.

Can't understand why that didn't happen.

Because our manager thought it would be better to stick a 19 year old central midfielder on the right wing instead as not to upset his 4-3-3.
ridiculous decision

Offline Ads

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2021, 05:58:20 PM »

He's a year into a new four year contract. Don't think Davis will be going anywhere.

I hope he goes on loan myself in the Championship. If that happens it means we have some real quality to back Olie up and maybe aid Davis' development into, potentially, a good forward.

We need more than Jack and Olie.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2021, 05:58:56 PM »
No-one busting a gut to close Alexander-Arnold down 20 yards from goal on his right foot - really poor.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2021, 05:59:25 PM »
Dreadful first 50 mins or so. But our second half performance was miles better, especially after they equalised. We looked the most likely to get the winner but unfortunately they did with a great strike. Some of our players were transformed in the second half from risible first half efforts, Luiz and Trez in particular. Hope Trez injury isn't too bad, if a few more had his gumption they would be superstars. Like others I would have started Davis today but wouldn't be overly harsh on the subs made.

Martinez 9, Cash 5, Konsa 7, Mings 6, Targett 7, Nakamba 4 (Barkley 5), McGinn 5, Luiz 6, Trez 6 (Ramsey 6), Watkins 7, Traore 2 (AEG 6).

Offline TonyD

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2021, 06:00:08 PM »

I hope he goes on loan myself in the Championship. If that happens it means we have some real quality to back Olie up and maybe aid Davis' development into, potentially, a good forward.

We need more than Jack and Olie.
Why loan him.  Just bloody play him.   

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2021, 06:00:45 PM »

Really?! I thought (and I'm always wrong) that we took up a year's option in his existing contract last season, and that he was out of contract at the end of this season.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »

That's what a handful of people use it for game after game. I agree with Ads completely, it's a 2 hour long toddler tantrum week after week.

I avoid the match thread, ultimately my choice, but I find it OTT.
Can understand on the terraces in the passion of the game and I’m like it myself, the hearts still racing when I watch it on TV, but obviously different without 20,000 also going mad in the Holte, but it takes time to even write a short message, so I honestly can’t understand some of the hysteria once even a few seconds has passed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal