collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 17065 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »

And KT I think your description is from another time and place mate.

Absolutely, a time and a place where people could make light hearted remarks without some virtue signalling zealot, probably describing themselves as "woke", deciding to flounce into umbrage.  If you find that or the original remark offensive I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Nobody apart from columnists in right-wing newspapers uses the word 'woke'.

I beg to differ - there's plenty of it around.  And it's a fucking pain.

Point me to it.
No

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2021, 06:17:18 PM »
Not even going to comment on the performances - Smith cost us that one... could see it the second the teamsheet came out.

What annoyed me as much as that 90 minutes was the Sky coverage. There should be a rule that ex-players shouldn't commentate on their ex-team's matches - It was nauseating at times from Carragher. *saying that, the other commentator was just as bad!

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2021, 06:17:22 PM »
Ah, you can't.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2021, 06:18:23 PM »

I’m not easily offended, it’s just crass and has obvious connotations, like I said something from another time. But up to you if your happy enough with it.

It has "connotations"?  Sure if you are looking for some, which you would be if absolutely determined to be offended.  You can read into something whatever you want, through the filter of your own prejudices and attitudes.  Doesn't mean they are actually there.

If you can't see what is offensive in what you wrote, and if you then want to criticize and abuse anyone who does take offence, this isn't the place for you.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2021, 06:20:02 PM »

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »
I thought we'd got a bit better at avoiding defeats in added time, but interestingly I just saw this on BBC Sport:

'Aston Villa have lost 22 Premier League games in such a manner. Only Spurs (23) have lost more in the competition's history.'

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »
Ah, you can't.

I believe at this point in these situations these days one is usually directed to, "do your own research".

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »
We’ve got it in us to top that league, I know it.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »

I’m not easily offended, it’s just crass and has obvious connotations, like I said something from another time. But up to you if your happy enough with it.

It has "connotations"?  Sure if you are looking for some, which you would be if absolutely determined to be offended.  You can read into something whatever you want, through the filter of your own prejudices and attitudes.  Doesn't mean they are actually there.

If you can't see what is offensive in what you wrote, and if you then want to criticize and abuse anyone who does take offence, this isn't the place for you.

You accused me of being homophobic.  You still haven't explained why or in what sense you could make that claim.  And bear in mind you've done that, making a baseless and potentially damaging accusation on a public forum. Maybe it isn't the right place for you.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »
Ah, you can't.

I believe at this point in these situations these days one is usually directed to, "do your own research".

True. The thing is, I have. And nobody apart from right-wing commentators uses the term.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2021, 06:27:24 PM »
The match, anyone?

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2021, 06:27:44 PM »
I thought we'd got a bit better at avoiding defeats in added time, but interestingly I just saw this on BBC Sport:

'Aston Villa have lost 22 Premier League games in such a manner. Only Spurs (23) have lost more in the competition's history.'

Since 1992? That's less than one a season. Do they also mention that Liverpool joined West Ham as the only teams to score against us in both games so far this season?

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2021, 06:28:39 PM »

And KT I think your description is from another time and place mate.

Absolutely, a time and a place where people could make light hearted remarks without some virtue signalling zealot, probably describing themselves as "woke", deciding to flounce into umbrage.  If you find that or the original remark offensive I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Nobody apart from columnists in right-wing newspapers uses the word 'woke'.

I beg to differ - there's plenty of it around.  And it's a fucking pain.

The idea that I’m a zealot or describe myself as woke is generally hilarious and I’m honestly laughing here. Yes let’s go back to happier times when we could use whatever language we wanted however offensive and could never be challenged, as long as your happy mate.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »
Haven't read any posts on here after reading one on the Dean Smith thread, which was an "oh dear" post (dummies, prams and all that).
Re Villa-I thought we gave it a good go today. Yes there were some poor individual performances and a baffling substitution with Ramsey coming on for Trez instead of Davis imo. We had opportunities in the 1st half and was unlucky with Trez's effort in the second. Traore was poor and for me is no more than an impact sub. Trez improved in the 2nd half. As far as I'm concerned barkley can just f-ck off. For their 2nd goal he stood still in the middle of the park when the ball was passed beyond him to a defender/dcm(?), who made the run and he did nothing. Cut that out or at least close it down and the ball might not be played forwards. Then when the defender scores barkley is on the "D" again doing f-ck all, when marking or a press might have prevented the shot. Not good enough!
Re red scouse anybody would think they'd won a trophy at the end the way they celebrated...even playing patchily we had them worried. What is it with their back to front jerseys? An 8-4 aggregate win over the season shows how we've progressed. They may as well enjoy their win today because I can only see the Villa progressing further and doing these many more times in the years to come. UTV!
Btw...Having the national winner has eased my disappointment at the result slightly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal