collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 16832 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »
Dreadful first 50 mins or so. But our second half performance was miles better, especially after they equalised. We looked the most likely to get the winner but unfortunately they did with a great strike. Some of our players were transformed in the second half from risible first half efforts, Luiz and Trez in particular. Hope Trez injury isn't too bad, if a few more had his gumption they would be superstars. Like others I would have started Davis today but wouldn't be overly harsh on the subs made.

Martinez 9, Cash 5, Konsa 7, Mings 6, Targett 7, Nakamba 4 (Barkley 5), McGinn 5, Luiz 6, Trez 6 (Ramsey 6), Watkins 7, Traore 2 (AEG 6).

How I saw it too Bronte. Not like us this, must be a full moon!

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
Fu**ing fuming!

It's bad enough having Carragher assisting a Liverpool game but the the main commentator, whoever the c**t was, wanking himself off over the late winner.
Stops their poor run at home; Puts them back in the Top 4; Not just on Merseyside, but the whole world should rejoice. Fu**ing unbelievable!

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 06:03:33 PM »
6 home defeats on the bounce and desperately need to turn it round?  Players going through a rough patch and not scored for aeons? Fear not, the ever obliging Aston Villa are your ideal next opponents, pants down, bent double, gaping hole, fully lubed, written invitation.

Liverpool looked pretty ordinary by their standards and we chucked that away.   Two points pissed away at Newcastle in injury time, and another one here. 

Smith has to take the blame, Davis should have come on ahead of either Barkley or AEG.  In fact he should have started.  Defence is their weak point, two inexperienced CBs,  Alexander Arnold struggling defensively, and Alison out of form.  Stupid not to go at them.

And if that Cash incident with Kane was a penalty then so was TAA going through Trez.  But then Villa don’t get those do they.

Do you really have to come out with that sort of homophobic nonsense?

Explain how that is homophobic? Did I mention anyone of the same sex doing anything to anyone else of the same sex?  No I didn't.   Why do people feel the need to actively seek out offence these day. It's fucking tragic. 

Offline Skerra

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2021, 06:06:07 PM »
I also wish DS paid some attention to body language. Did anyone else notice Barkley being lethargic even getting ready to come on? Certainly was in no hurry to come on. Lot of players would be chomping at the bit to come on. Barkley was only chomping at his chewing gum.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2021, 06:08:17 PM »
6 home defeats on the bounce and desperately need to turn it round?  Players going through a rough patch and not scored for aeons? Fear not, the ever obliging Aston Villa are your ideal next opponents, pants down, bent double, gaping hole, fully lubed, written invitation.

Liverpool looked pretty ordinary by their standards and we chucked that away.   Two points pissed away at Newcastle in injury time, and another one here. 

Smith has to take the blame, Davis should have come on ahead of either Barkley or AEG.  In fact he should have started.  Defence is their weak point, two inexperienced CBs,  Alexander Arnold struggling defensively, and Alison out of form.  Stupid not to go at them.

And if that Cash incident with Kane was a penalty then so was TAA going through Trez.  But then Villa don’t get those do they.

Explain how that is homophobic? Did I mention anyone of the same sex doing anything to anyone else of the same sex?  No I didn't.   Why do people feel the need to actively seek out offence these day. It's fucking tragic. 

Or you could just accept that the top line is fucking tripe and apologise for it.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2021, 06:08:41 PM »

And KT I think your description is from another time and place mate.

Absolutely, a time and a place where people could make light hearted remarks without some virtue signalling zealot, probably describing themselves as "woke", deciding to flounce into umbrage.  If you find that or the original remark offensive I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2021, 06:09:13 PM »

I'm not sure why I venture into the match thread. It's a new and unpleasant experience in COVID, as it seems ultra reactionary and off colour. I certainly wasn't watch the game that was causing so much anger and leading to some ridiculous comments
Don't be a drama monarch! It's the match thread. That is what it is for.  COVID?

That's what a handful of people use it for game after game. I agree with Ads completely, it's a 2 hour long toddler tantrum week after week.
Tough tit big nose! Ner! Ner!

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2021, 06:09:51 PM »

Or you could just accept that the top line is fucking tripe and apologise for it.

Or I could just ignore you, which is much more preferable.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2021, 06:10:44 PM »

I’m not easily offended, it’s just crass and has obvious connotations, like I said something from another time. But up to you if your happy enough with it.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2021, 06:10:54 PM »
I also wish DS paid some attention to body language. Did anyone else notice Barkley being lethargic even getting ready to come on? Certainly was in no hurry to come on. Lot of players would be chomping at the bit to come on. Barkley was only chomping at his chewing gum.

Three times he’s done that now. It’s no coincidence.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2021, 06:11:57 PM »

Absolutely, a time and a place where people could make light hearted remarks without some virtue signalling zealot, probably describing themselves as "woke", deciding to flounce into umbrage.  If you find that or the original remark offensive I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Nobody apart from columnists in right-wing newspapers uses the word 'woke'.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

See also 'snowflake'.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »

I beg to differ - there's plenty of it around.  And it's a fucking pain.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2021, 06:15:28 PM »

I beg to differ - there's plenty of it around.  And it's a fucking pain.

Point me to it.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2021, 06:16:33 PM »

I’m not easily offended, it’s just crass and has obvious connotations, like I said something from another time. But up to you if your happy enough with it.

It has "connotations"?  Sure if you are looking for some, which you would be if absolutely determined to be offended.  You can read into something whatever you want, through the filter of your own prejudices and attitudes.  Doesn't mean they are actually there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal