collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109605 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9990 on: September 05, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
Edens, so hitched to short term stardem that he's been bankrolling the hoovering up of every good 16 year old in the country and gutting the Stripey Academy for all its earthly possessions.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9991 on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:54 PM »
I'm only saying that I do believe he only came along with, let us not forget, his considerably wealthier partner because he saw the potential of Grealish far beyond an ability to draw defenders. And until he invites me round for tea and tells me otherwise to my face, I'll remain convinced of my belief.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9992 on: September 05, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »
I've always felt Grealish was the only reason Edens got involved.

The Grealish who'd played two half-seasons in the Championship and even his own supporters were doubting? That Grealish?

No, not that one. The other one, the one he eventually became, the one on the cusp of captivating the planet, the one that would've, should've been. That one.

I'll readily accept that Edens is a better judge of potential than many of us. We just judge footballers by their ability. There's more to superstardom than that.

So it was the Grealish nobody outside Birmingham had heard of?

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #9993 on: September 05, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »

The Grealish who'd played two half-seasons in the Championship and even his own supporters were doubting? That Grealish?

No, not that one. The other one, the one he eventually became, the one on the cusp of captivating the planet, the one that would've, should've been. That one.

I'll readily accept that Edens is a better judge of potential than many of us. We just judge footballers by their ability. There's more to superstardom than that.

So it was the Grealish nobody outside Birmingham had heard of?

Ha ha exactly.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #9994 on: September 05, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »
Yes, that's the one.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #9995 on: September 05, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »
some people over at VT ( I know) claim they have heard that Edens wants out.

Good grief…Is Wilma on VT too?

Just search “It’s a disgrace” over and over, that should get you the answer.

Anyway, it’s was page 666 before that rumour surfaced here, so I’ll take that as a good sign.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #9996 on: September 05, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »
some people over at VT ( I know) claim they have heard that Edens wants out.

Good grief…Is Wilma on VT too?

Just search “It’s a disgrace” over and over, that should get you the answer.

Anyway, it’s was page 666 before that rumour surfaced here, so I’ll take that as a good sign.

;D ;D

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #9997 on: September 14, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
I couldn't think of another place to put this. It's about Liverpool but just as relevant to all clubs:
https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #9998 on: September 14, 2021, 03:42:38 PM »

I cannot tell if you’re joking.  I’m as certain that i can be that a very rich bloke in America would not invest £100s of millions based on the possible success of a young brummie lad.

Nope, not joking. As far as I can tell, his sole foray into sports prior to us is his investment in the Bucks, but primarily in Giannis. I think he saw a similar opportunity to follow the same strategy here with him.

Not too worried, I think we have other up-and-coming superstars that'll keep him interested in a similar vein.

As stretches go, that  really is one hell of a stretch. You really believe they bought us and will stay interested based on one player? When they bought us Grealish was a bit part player with a very dodgy off field history. Not much else.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9999 on: September 14, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »
like everybody else i’ve had too many years of sorrow and disappointment following the Villa over the years
25 years since we last won a major trophy is ridiculous because I still believe we are a massive club

Problem I have is I swallowed the pill
When the new owners came in i totally bought into them 100%
This was what I’d been waiting for, Real owners with pots of money and lots of ambition
Getting out of the shitty league that we were in was just the first hurdle and it wasn’t going to be a problem as we were the biggest richest club in there and so it proved

The project, Grealish, European football, massive investment, wheehey hold onto your seats as one famous poster said
Grealish was the setback a big setback but I’m still believing in or in the project
So when I now hear we can’t compete with the top teams yet, even struggling against newly promoted teams, or we’ll be lucky to finish mid table, or Everton with a manager that’s been there five minutes are further ahead then we are, i’m not accepting it, I won’t accept it because this is our time and I’m not giving up yet I’ve waited too long

Any player or manager or coaching staff that doesn’t Believe or aren’t good enough to compete for European football in the next couple of years needs to be moved on and let’s get people in that do ( and that’s not a dig at Smith as he’ll be given time to prove that he can )
I thought we could do it this year but the Grealish thing might have put paid to that, But we still have the money we’re still the biggest club in the Midlands so this is no time for dumbing down or adjusting the bar lower

I’ve said before every post i make is with a view of Villa being a top six side in the near future
That’s why I argue against all the excuses and why we can’t, i’m more interested in why we can
I’m still believing I don’t care what it takes to get there

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #10000 on: September 14, 2021, 04:41:16 PM »
I couldn't think of another place to put this. It's about Liverpool but just as relevant to all clubs:
https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/

Good read.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #10001 on: September 15, 2021, 03:06:50 AM »

That's a fantastic article and so true. 

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #10002 on: September 15, 2021, 07:07:40 AM »

Good read.

Thanks SE, that is a superb read and like the writer says they wouldn’t be surprised to find this in other clubs online fan base.

Offline nigel

« Reply #10003 on: September 15, 2021, 08:18:19 AM »

Good read.

Thanks SE, that is a superb read and like the writer says they wouldn’t be surprised to find this in other clubs online fan base.

Agree, very good read.
It is true, every club has them.
We’ve guys on here that, if we don’t buy players x, y & z, go into meltdown 😂

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #10004 on: September 15, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
Interesting article and you certainly see the echos and similarities.

I'd only add that there's a perception of fragility about everything and how we are constantly left with one shot. Every game is must win and every failure to do so a catastrophe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal