collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108828 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9930 on: September 04, 2021, 07:26:52 AM »
I won't go as far as predicting he'll score but he will definitely at some point over the next six years win a dodgy penalty against us

Yeah will probably happen which would be ironic given he was constantly most fouled player in league yet can't recall him winning a penalty for us bar that West Brom one in play offs. Certainly not in prem.

Got one at Albion last season aswell, I cant remember any others though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9931 on: September 04, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
Biggest penalty was that one he got on the M42.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #9932 on: September 04, 2021, 08:50:26 AM »
Why are we still talking about a man city player. Should we not just ignore it now and focus on our own team. It's a bit small heath dont you think.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #9933 on: September 04, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
I’m quite highly strung on this one too.

1) Southgate. The smug arrogance of not starting Grealish in the summer, but starting him now “because he’s gone up a level or two”. This is on him, not Grealish, but it has really fucked me off.

2) Grealish leaving. Call me an old romantic, or stupid and naïve, but I kind of believed the story of local kid becoming a star, and against all the prevailing wisdom staying with us through relegation, promotion, Europe … But he left. Can’t really blame him, but my romantic dreams were shattered, and yes, I’m fucked off about it too.

3) Grealish post-leaving. What an absolute disgrace. After all the years, ups and downs, a 4 sentence goodbye and a video montage of him being awesome??? Look at Deeney, look at Hourihane, look at Leon Bailey. And they never claimed to be living the dream at their city, their club. Look at the disrespect for “best mates” SJM and Tyrone, “now I’m finally playing with proper players” kind of attitude.

Great post Vegas.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #9934 on: September 04, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »
Medals over legend-status.
He'll come to realise in his 30's - 40's what a total tit he has been.
Is all.
Move on.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #9935 on: September 04, 2021, 10:30:11 AM »
or maybe not? There are always opposing views.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #9936 on: September 04, 2021, 10:42:00 AM »
Medals over legend-status.
He'll come to realise in his 30's - 40's what a total tit he has been.
Is all.
Move on.

Yes move on and forget and ignore him as much as possible. A few posters on here are acting like they have been dumped by their girlfriend/partner and just can't get over it.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #9937 on: September 04, 2021, 12:07:11 PM »
Why are we still talking about a man city player. Should we not just ignore it now and focus on our own team. It's a bit small heath dont you think.

I think there's a bit more significance to it than bitter fans losing a favourite player. Many have said it including me, that if he'd said i'm off in May, people could have seen the logic,even if they wouldn't have have been overjoyed. The fact that he put us through that will-he won't-he pantomime all during the summer when he had no intention of ever staying is the main annoyance for me.

It's the trend or way of thinking that fans are just customers now. You saw it with the ESL when we were expected to lump it whether you were a non-ESL team or a supporter of them. That it collapsed when the "legacy fans" rebelled was very significant. This is similar where the Villa customers are supposed to be grateful that someone worked for them for a number of years and wish him well with his new customer base. Ignore his public utterances of loyalty because that's "how it works" even if he claims its his club..

Well no thanks, I'm not a customer. I hope he gets pelters every time he comes back, to the point where if  he someone manages to play into his 30's he wouldn't even consider coming back to "his" club because those bridges are well and truly burned. Not bitter or small-time, just setting a line in the sand.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9938 on: September 04, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »

If it was Small Heath they'd be fawning over his every pass and trying to get one of their few remaining stands named after him.

Bitterness and bile is part of football. There is nothing wrong with holding a grudge against someone who claimed to be a lifelong fan and fucked off at the first chance of winning easy trinkets in cheat mode.

Plus, there has just been an article about him in the local paper referencing comments said player has made inferring his feelings about the club. Hardly that surprising it would get a mention on a Villa forum.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:58:14 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9939 on: September 04, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »

I think there's a bit more significance to it than bitter fans losing a favourite player. Many have said it including me, that if he'd said i'm off in May, people could have seen the logic,even if they wouldn't have have been overjoyed. The fact that he put us through that will-he won't-he pantomime all during the summer when he had no intention of ever staying is the main annoyance for me.

It's the trend or way of thinking that fans are just customers now. You saw it with the ESL when we were expected to lump it whether you were a non-ESL team or a supporter of them. That it collapsed when the "legacy fans" rebelled was very significant. This is similar where the Villa customers are supposed to be grateful that someone worked for them for a number of years and wish him well with his new customer base. Ignore his public utterances of loyalty because that's "how it works" even if he claims its his club..

Well no thanks, I'm not a customer. I hope he gets pelters every time he comes back, to the point where if  he someone manages to play into his 30's he wouldn't even consider coming back to "his" club because those bridges are well and truly burned. Not bitter or small-time, just setting a line in the sand.

How could he say I’m off in May if there wasn’t a bid made of 100 million

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #9940 on: September 04, 2021, 12:34:40 PM »

The same way Kane didn't know Man City were bidding for him but made his intention to leave clear. i.e. both Grealish and Kane knew that City were bidding for them probably 6 months before May.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #9941 on: September 04, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
If he was desperate to leave and felt we were below him he could have handed in a transfer request.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9942 on: September 04, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »

The same way Kane didn't know Man City were bidding for him but made his intention to leave clear. i.e. both Grealish and Kane knew that City were bidding for them probably 6 months before May.

Ha ha yeah that’s the way to do it

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #9943 on: September 04, 2021, 12:39:29 PM »
If he was desperate to leave and felt we were below him he could have handed in a transfer request.

And miss out on his 'loyalty' bonus.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #9944 on: September 04, 2021, 12:40:45 PM »

Ha ha yeah that’s the way to do it

only difference is Kane didn't have a clause which Levy had to honour. They both knew City wanted them months before. City knew what money it would take to get ratboy probably 12 months ago, otherwise it was a fecking good guess ::) He knew he was gone in May. probably earlier. All he had to do was say he wanted to move on if an offer came in.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:45:10 PM by sickbeggar »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal