collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109814 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #6180 on: August 03, 2021, 03:01:25 PM »
We rightly moan about clubs stock piling players. Tammy and Axel feels similar to that to me. Tammy should move to a club where he will play every week and make a difference, somewhere like Brighton.

Having two strikers is hardly stockpiling.

Smith doesn't rotate players though. Not sure we are at the level yet where we can leave 30m+ players on the bench for weeks on end. If Smith is going to change tack this season I'm all for it btw.

Not sure it's so much that he doesn't rotate, more that he hasn't had the depth to rotate with. Time will tell.
I agree with this. It's all well and good wanting to rotate, but I think we've had a big drop off in quality between 1st and 2nd choice players in most positions. We've also not been playing so many games that it's been a particular issue IMO - 41 was it last season if you don't count the FA Cup game? You expect more squad rotation if we're playing in Europe but tbh for the amount of games we're playing I think we rotate as much as we can/is necessary.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #6181 on: August 03, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »
As most on here think Wes and Keinan are crap, why would another club want either of these players? - they are both with us for a few more seasons yet!!

Davis will get loaned out, plenty in championship want him with Stoke City talked about last week after the friendly. I find it very odd we haven't loaned him out at any point in last two years and think it's been to detriment of his career here.

Think Wes will then take out number 3 striker slot and get 5-10 minutes end of games and odd cup start but think people are starting to get some realism that it's a massive struggle to come back well from the start of injury he had.

Wouldn't shock me if we then loaned him out in January if he's still struggling just to get his value up.

I thought that Davis was crocked again

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #6182 on: August 03, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »
We rightly moan about clubs stock piling players. Tammy and Axel feels similar to that to me. Tammy should move to a club where he will play every week and make a difference, somewhere like Brighton.

Smith doesn't rotate players though. Not sure we are at the level yet where we can leave 30m+ players on the bench for weeks on end. If Smith is going to change tack this season I'm all for it btw.

Not sure it's so much that he doesn't rotate, more that he hasn't had the depth to rotate with. Time will tell.
I agree with this. It's all well and good wanting to rotate, but I think we've had a big drop off in quality between 1st and 2nd choice players in most positions. We've also not been playing so many games that it's been a particular issue IMO - 41 was it last season if you don't count the FA Cup game? You expect more squad rotation if we're playing in Europe but tbh for the amount of games we're playing I think we rotate as much as we can/is necessary.

I think the blow up we had around March time was as much to do with the failure to rotate the players earlier in the season as anything else. Smith has been quoted in the past as he doesnt believe in player fatigue so that's a worry. We certainly had a full back on loan in France that we could have done with in the second half of the season.

richtheholtender

« Reply #6183 on: August 03, 2021, 04:04:55 PM »
This is where keeping Grealish is critical. If we can keep him, we have enough to need to sign  Tammy as Bailey can play through the middle. I think we have the numbers and quality balance perfect with Jack, Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, Traore and El Ghazi competing. They will all get sufficient games.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6184 on: August 03, 2021, 04:07:54 PM »
It's almost impossible to rotate Watkins when you've got Wesley or Davis to play - they're not up to much.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6185 on: August 03, 2021, 04:08:32 PM »

It's almost impossible to rotate Watkins when you've got Wesley or Davis to play - they're not up to much.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #6186 on: August 03, 2021, 04:17:25 PM »

They aren't but...Watkins was hardly even substituted last season never mind getting the odd game off. Don't think that's sustainable.

Are any of our younger players capable of stepping up and playing 7-10 games this season?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6187 on: August 03, 2021, 04:18:11 PM »
hopefully

Online DrGonzo

« Reply #6188 on: August 03, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »
Signing Abraham would allow us to play 2 up top when needed.  Tammy also enjoys playing off the right, and Watkins is more than capable of playing the deeper role and pressing beyond a number 9. As well as giving us back up if Watkins does pick up and injury. It makes sense to me.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #6189 on: August 03, 2021, 05:08:57 PM »
Tammy doesn’t get me excited. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6190 on: August 03, 2021, 05:18:36 PM »

What about if he wore that little black dress?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6191 on: August 03, 2021, 05:18:44 PM »

Can't say Melissa McCarthy does me either.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6192 on: August 03, 2021, 05:36:30 PM »
Arse twatteratis are getting all emotional about a potential bid for Maddison by them - £50m plus an unspecified part-ex.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6193 on: August 03, 2021, 05:43:12 PM »
If we’re going to progress Smith is going to have to learn to rotate.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #6194 on: August 03, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »
Arse twatteratis are getting all emotional about a potential bid for Maddison by them - £50m plus an unspecified part-ex.

We should be going for Maddison if Jack does the unthinkable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal