collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1122391 times)

Online danno

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #6195 on: August 03, 2021, 05:59:58 PM »
I'm sure Smith-Rowe is thrilled at the prospect of his club signing Maddison to play ahead of him.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6196 on: August 03, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »
Rotation is fine and well, but Tammy as Jack's replacement? It doesn't add up for me. He, Watkins, Buendìa and Bailey would've cost more than a hundred million together and I cannot actually envisage what system they'd play together in. Neither Watkins nor Tammy have the skillset to play wide for a team hoping to challenge the top 6 so there goes 4-2-3-1, neither Bailey nor Buendìa can realistically play no. 8 so there goes the diamond, and both rule out 4-3-3. Unless he wants to play 3-5-2 with wide playmakers, hence Tuanzebe? I mean Christ, that's not a top six team by any measurement.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6197 on: August 03, 2021, 06:46:07 PM »
I would have thought it’d be 5 top players for the 4 attacking positions with some sort of rotation in place.
Grealish LW or AM
Watkins LW CF or RW
Buendia RW or AM
Bailey RW or LW?
Abraham CF or at a push LW
We need it if we’re pushing for Europe. Add to that El Ghazi for LW, Traore for RW and a couple of the other squad midfielders that could cover AM and we’d look well covered for injury, suspension, loss of form, fatigue or anything else.
Be nice to see JWP or better still a proper holding midfielder to challenge with Nakamba, McGinn and Luiz for the 2 centre mid positions also.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #6198 on: August 03, 2021, 06:51:42 PM »
http://
Rotation is fine and well, but Tammy as Jack's replacement? It doesn't add up for me. He, Watkins, Buendìa and Bailey would've cost more than a hundred million together and I cannot actually envisage what system they'd play together in. Neither Watkins nor Tammy have the skillset to play wide for a team hoping to challenge the top 6 so there goes 4-2-3-1, neither Bailey nor Buendìa can realistically play no. 8 so there goes the diamond, and both rule out 4-3-3. Unless he wants to play 3-5-2 with wide playmakers, hence Tuanzebe? I mean Christ, that's not a top six team by any measurement.
4-2-1-3.Buendia as the 10.The front 3 have pace to burn and are used to taking up wide positions.The best front 3 in the league is probably Liverpool's.You can't pigeonhole Mane and Salah as wingers even when they play Firmino in a central position.
Skillset ? Sterling is one of the best wide players in the league but I wouldn't trust him to deliver accurate crosses.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #6199 on: August 03, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »
Tammy doesn’t get me excited. 

What about if he wore that little black dress?

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #6200 on: August 03, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »
Look at JWP's stats here, he'd be the ideal player for our DM imo.

https://one-versus-one.com/en/players/James-Ward-Prowse

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6201 on: August 03, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »
http://
4-2-1-3.Buendia as the 10.The front 3 have pace to burn and are used to taking up wide positions.The best front 3 in the league is probably Liverpool's.You can't pigeonhole Mane and Salah as wingers even when they play Firmino in a central position.
Skillset ? Sterling is one of the best wide players in the league but I wouldn't trust him to deliver accurate crosses.

That's almost how I'd like to see us play at times. 2 from Watkins, Traore, AEG or Bailey as wide strikers and Grealish or Buendia as a 10/false 9. Could drop the other one of those 2 into the midfield 3.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6202 on: August 03, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »
If we’re going to progress Smith is going to have to learn to rotate.
That should not be a problem as he mastered the pirouette at school I am told.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6203 on: August 03, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »

That might work for Tony but not for me. I prefer domineering type at my central position.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6204 on: August 03, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
That's almost how I'd like to see us play at times. 2 from Watkins, Traore, AEG or Bailey as wide strikers and Grealish or Buendia as a 10/false 9. Could drop the other one of those 2 into the midfield 3.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer to see players in their best positions.

Watkins

Bailey       ?        Buendia

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6205 on: August 03, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »
JWP stats for passing and interceptions dwarf that of McGinn. I really think that he'd massively improve our midfield and let us control games more.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6206 on: August 03, 2021, 08:21:55 PM »
Always thought JWP was a bit ‘meat & two veg’ decent enough but not good value at all what they’d want for him and wages

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #6207 on: August 03, 2021, 08:23:05 PM »

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Now your talking!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6208 on: August 03, 2021, 08:26:33 PM »
JWP stats for passing and interceptions dwarf that of McGinn. I really think that he'd massively improve our midfield and let us control games more.

Bloody hell Ads, one more and you win the caravan.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6209 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »

Agree.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal