collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109091 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #6165 on: August 03, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »
As most on here think Wes and Keinan are crap, why would another club want either of these players? - they are both with us for a few more seasons yet!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6166 on: August 03, 2021, 01:36:25 PM »
We rightly moan about clubs stock piling players. Tammy and Axel feels similar to that to me. Tammy should move to a club where he will play every week and make a difference, somewhere like Brighton.

Having two strikers is hardly stockpiling.

It is by our recent standards  ;) We haven't exactly had a Yorke, Cole, Sheringham, Solskjaer selection dilemma in recent years.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6167 on: August 03, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
We could be doing well, looking likely to get a European place and then have the wheels fall off because we lose Watkins for a while. How many people would then be having a go at the club for not getting a second very good option up front in that case?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6168 on: August 03, 2021, 01:41:12 PM »
I think Tammy and Ollie would be a great partnership. Tammy is a penalty box finisher and Ollie likes to drift deeper. As for Axel, I think the big plus with him is his versatility across the back four.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:42:50 PM by Damo70 »

Offline caster troy

« Reply #6169 on: August 03, 2021, 01:48:16 PM »
Tammy also very useful defending set pieces, could be brought in for West Ham, Burnley etc. Bringing both in we could go 3-5-2 on occasion also, with Konsa in the centre of the back 3. We need more squad depth and more tactical versatility, seems like a no brainer to me.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6170 on: August 03, 2021, 01:56:54 PM »
We could be doing well, looking likely to get a European place and then have the wheels fall off because we lose Watkins for a while. How many people would then be having a go at the club for not getting a second very good option up front in that case?

It's more about Tammy not being happy if he isn't playing every week. He will expect that and would seek assurances upon signing. If he's second to Ollie/an occasional starter only due to formation changes and injuries, I wouldn't expect him to stick around.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6171 on: August 03, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »
I would expect a player to have the confidence to think they can dislodge whoever is in possession of a shirt, rather than just thinking they're going to be a bit part player.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6172 on: August 03, 2021, 02:04:31 PM »
If we now have a set piece coach surely the extra height that Tammy offers wouldn’t go amiss?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6173 on: August 03, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »
Percy reporting we’re trying to get Axel & Tammy on loan.
good deals - I’d rather we loaned them. Both would add depth to the squad.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6174 on: August 03, 2021, 02:21:09 PM »

It's more about Tammy not being happy if he isn't playing every week. He will expect that and would seek assurances upon signing. If he's second to Ollie/an occasional starter only due to formation changes and injuries, I wouldn't expect him to stick around.
there’s not many places Abraham will go to and play every week. Maybe West Ham? Out of the top half clubs most have good options up top.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6175 on: August 03, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
As most on here think Wes and Keinan are crap, why would another club want either of these players? - they are both with us for a few more seasons yet!!

Davis will get loaned out, plenty in championship want him with Stoke City talked about last week after the friendly. I find it very odd we haven't loaned him out at any point in last two years and think it's been to detriment of his career here.

Think Wes will then take out number 3 striker slot and get 5-10 minutes end of games and odd cup start but think people are starting to get some realism that it's a massive struggle to come back well from the start of injury he had.

Wouldn't shock me if we then loaned him out in January if he's still struggling just to get his value up.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #6176 on: August 03, 2021, 02:28:03 PM »
We rightly moan about clubs stock piling players. Tammy and Axel feels similar to that to me. Tammy should move to a club where he will play every week and make a difference, somewhere like Brighton.

Smith doesn't rotate players though. Not sure we are at the level yet where we can leave 30m+ players on the bench for weeks on end. If Smith is going to change tack this season I'm all for it btw.

Offline john2710

« Reply #6177 on: August 03, 2021, 02:37:18 PM »
If JWP is a target then one out of McGinn / Luiz / Sanson is moving on. With my money being on Luiz.

Signing JWP doesn’t really answer our defensive midfield question.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6178 on: August 03, 2021, 02:47:21 PM »

Smith doesn't rotate players though. Not sure we are at the level yet where we can leave 30m+ players on the bench for weeks on end. If Smith is going to change tack this season I'm all for it btw.

Not sure it's so much that he doesn't rotate, more that he hasn't had the depth to rotate with. Time will tell.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #6179 on: August 03, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »
Tammy would be a good addition.

Out forward/attacking players are looking incredible.   Our defence is settled and sold. Goalie Is Wold class.

I think we’re a central/defensive midfielder short.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal