collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109239 times)

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5760 on: July 31, 2021, 08:47:05 AM »
I’d quite like both Sarrs that have been linked, although I can’t say I know much about the one in France.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #5761 on: July 31, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »
I’d quite like both Sarrs that have been linked, although I can’t say I know much about the one in France.
Not sure Sarrs2 is what we need.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #5762 on: July 31, 2021, 08:50:34 AM »
We’d get lots of goals from the confusion amongst opposition players when their coach instructs them to mark Sarr.

Offline murgsy

« Reply #5763 on: July 31, 2021, 09:18:51 AM »
IF we lose Grealish to City, would anyone take one of Mahrez or Bernardo as makeshift?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5764 on: July 31, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »
It's just, fuck me, what are we paying the scouts for? Have we really scoured the world and concluded that Brentford and Norwich are the only places to find talent? Nothing against Sarr or Cantwell, but if Jack goes we'll need to go all out to replace him well enough to attack that vulnerable top 6-8 this season, and we'd have the resources to do it. Instead, 'let's consolidate midtable'? If this is our idea of replacing him, frankly no wonder Jack's leaving.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5765 on: July 31, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
IF we lose Grealish to City, would anyone take one of Mahrez or Bernardo as makeshift?
makeweight !
No it never seems to work out as it’s pretty demoralising for the player.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #5766 on: July 31, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
The only player who might keep me remotely interested in next season is if we signed Saint Maximin.

Here's £45m rising to £50m you sports direct ****.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #5767 on: July 31, 2021, 09:34:11 AM »
It's just, fuck me, what are we paying the scouts for? Have we really scoured the world and concluded that Brentford and Norwich are the only places to find talent? Nothing against Sarr or Cantwell, but if Jack goes we'll need to go all out to replace him well enough to attack that vulnerable top 6-8 this season, and we'd have the resources to do it. Instead, 'let's consolidate midtable'? If this is our idea of replacing him, frankly no wonder Jack's leaving.

Desperately underwhelming, I agree. I just fervently hope you are wrong, mate.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5768 on: July 31, 2021, 09:53:13 AM »

So the scouting system is not working because we've signed a player from Norwich? Jesus, what's the matter with people.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5769 on: July 31, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
I want Maddison.  Unfortunately his price to us will have just gone up by 30% and the only reason he may have considered joining is about to sign for City.

Let’s hope we can do a Leicester and find some gems.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5770 on: July 31, 2021, 09:57:23 AM »
makeweight !
No it never seems to work out as it’s pretty demoralising for the player.
I don’t think either would come and as Chicago says if they did their heads wouldn’t be right.
But in any other circumstances absolutely I’d take either.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5771 on: July 31, 2021, 10:13:59 AM »

So the scouting system is not working because we've signed a player from Norwich? Jesus, what's the matter with people.

If you buy one player from Norwich, that's one thing. If you buy two, basically hoping their Championship attack will get you top 6, you're either very lucky or you haven't been perspicacious enough.

But you think we can achieve our stated ambitions exclusively with second tier talent when our rivals are signing stars from Sevilla? Jesus, some people.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:16:47 AM by Monty »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5772 on: July 31, 2021, 10:14:19 AM »
Bernardo is a super player. Would love him at Villa, but he is never going to come.

Sarr would be a really good signing. Liverpool are after him for a reason. I am with you on Cantwell though Monty, I am not convinced. I would sooner see us go for someone like Damsgaard that has that potential to kick on.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5773 on: July 31, 2021, 10:18:43 AM »

If you buy one player from Norwich, that's one thing. If you buy two, basically hoping their Championship attack will get you top 6, you're either very lucky or you haven't been perspicacious enough.
I guess like that time we were promoted with Mings, Grealish and McGinn in the side. Or we signed Watkins & Konsa from Brentford. Ridiculous to think that a Championship side might have more than one half decent player.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5774 on: July 31, 2021, 10:21:18 AM »

But you think we can achieve our stated ambitions exclusively with second tier talent when our rivals are signing stars from Sevilla? Jesus, some people.

But you're acting as if that's exactly what is going to happen. Last time I heard, we were trying to buy a lad from Germany and Southampton's best player. Some people just need to calm down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal