collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109305 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5537 on: July 29, 2021, 10:59:04 AM »
What does it say? For some reason my stupid phone won't translate it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5538 on: July 29, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »
Bloody hell. A load of arsing about copying and pasting into google translate and it’s the same story as yesterday. Pfft.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #5539 on: July 29, 2021, 11:19:30 AM »
I think Luiz and to a lesser extent McGinn sit in that category too, which then poses a problem if your midfield doesn't contain a solid 8/10 every week and 7 when they have a bad day type. We have seen the influence a Fernandinho, Kante type can have. I really think that is the big gap to fill in our side to push us on. With or without Jack.

Surprised no speculation about Anguissa at Fulham, good player and the sort we need.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #5540 on: July 29, 2021, 11:44:15 AM »
I think both Luiz and McGinn are better than just being defensive midfielders.  Both like to, and are good at, breaking forward and assisting the main striker.  I think we need someone who is quite happy to sit in there, break things up and let these bomb on forward when they want to with them knowing they have cover behind.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5541 on: July 29, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »
I think Luiz and to a lesser extent McGinn sit in that category too, which then poses a problem if your midfield doesn't contain a solid 8/10 every week and 7 when they have a bad day type. We have seen the influence a Fernandinho, Kante type can have. I really think that is the big gap to fill in our side to push us on. With or without Jack.

Surprised no speculation about Anguissa at Fulham, good player and the sort we need.

I must admit I don't know much about Anguissa despite him playing in the Premier League.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #5542 on: July 29, 2021, 12:02:53 PM »
Just the same that has been reported here.  There's Premier interest, principally Villa but there are more than one interested party, he is likely to leave this summer.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5543 on: July 29, 2021, 12:14:22 PM »
Who's the right defensive midfielder?

For where we are now and the short-term aim of where we want to get to in the next couple of years, I wouldn't rule out bringing in a more experienced defensive midfielder.  Personally think someone like Thomas Delaney would be a good fit, as he has plenty of top level and international experience and looks like he may be on the move from Dortmund.  Someone like that is what we need for the next couple of seasons.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5544 on: July 29, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »

Will be really interested what our central midfield line up looks like at Watford? Luiz won't feature due to Olympics and has Sanson even played in pre season yet, really got the forgotten man look about him already. Guess it will just be McGinn, Nakamba and perhaps Buendia if we get Bailey done in time.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5545 on: July 29, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »
JJ off the bench for Nakamba on 68 mins, give us more movement on the counter with us 1-0 up. (Debut winner from Will Hughes against the club he's just left)

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5546 on: July 29, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »

Will be really interested what our central midfield line up looks like at Watford? Luiz won't feature due to Olympics and has Sanson even played in pre season yet, really got the forgotten man look about him already. Guess it will just be McGinn, Nakamba and perhaps Buendia if we get Bailey done in time.
I reckon it'll be something like:

Watkins
Grealish - Buendia - Traore
McGinn - Nakamba
Targett - Mings - Konsa - Cash
Martinez

With Young, Sanson & Ramsey on the bench - along with any other new signings.  Too close to the start of the season to start them now IMO.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5547 on: July 29, 2021, 03:05:13 PM »
Have any particularly credible sources suggested Bailey is likely?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #5548 on: July 29, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
no

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #5549 on: July 29, 2021, 04:26:00 PM »
Except for his stepdad saying we're trying for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal