collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by andyh
[Today at 10:25:59 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 10:25:24 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Steve67
[Today at 10:25:21 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:02:18 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Pat McMahon
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1122411 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5565 on: July 29, 2021, 08:47:49 PM »
Would surely be used as RB cover aswell if Cash gets suspension or injuries like last season.
we have Freddie G
Konsa can always play there if Dean still objects to Freddie, so Axel could step in at centre half.
If Dean object to Freddie, why keep the lad at all?!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5566 on: July 29, 2021, 08:50:59 PM »
Get a proper player. We aren't in the Championship any more, we don't need need be loaning anyone that isn't good enough to get in a really mediocre Man U team. Especially one who gets injured tying his laces up. Thanks for your efforts in getting promoted Axel and good luck at your next club. It shouldn't be us.

Yeah but we're so rich now we can just indulge simply for song credentials alone.

Tuanzebe and a Tuanzebe!

Plus it will stop plastic Yanited racists ****** from absuing him all the while.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5567 on: July 29, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »
Get a proper player. We aren't in the Championship any more, we don't need need be loaning anyone that isn't good enough to get in a really mediocre Man U team. Especially one who gets injured tying his laces up. Thanks for your efforts in getting promoted Axel and good luck at your next club. It shouldn't be us.

On this one, odd occasion, I agree with cd.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5568 on: July 29, 2021, 08:57:16 PM »

On this one, odd occasion, I agree with cd.

Me too, he needs a season playing regularly to prove his fitness, we don't need another player in that situation when we already have a couple of own.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #5569 on: July 29, 2021, 09:13:17 PM »
As long as Smith has faith in one of da yoof to be 4th choice CB then there is no need to sign another player.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #5570 on: July 29, 2021, 09:25:40 PM »
As long as Smith has faith in one of da yoof to be 4th choice CB then there is no need to sign another player.

Bogarde looks a decent player, would certainly be giving him some game time in the cups.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5571 on: July 29, 2021, 09:29:17 PM »
Tuanzebe on a perm, great. Loan... Not sure I see the point. We are at a point I want to see Villa puffing out their chests in the market and doing what it takes to get a couple of players that will make the world change the perception of us from a top 6 feeder club that just bends over to actually challenging them.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5572 on: July 29, 2021, 09:31:33 PM »

Bogarde looks a decent player, would certainly be giving him some game time in the cups.

Agreed, stiil very young though so you must remember this but with cup games he'll improve as time goes by.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5573 on: July 29, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »
Loans may be a useful tool for us for a while if we have high hopes of one or more of the kids but want them to go out and get some regular first team football and develop a little more before we integrate them. Bogarde, for example. He may still be a little raw right now but in a year's time should be further along and may be ready and we may have European football to ensure we use the full squad.

Online FatSam

« Reply #5574 on: July 29, 2021, 10:32:25 PM »
On the face of it Tuanzebe would be back-up to Konza. This is essentially the same position he has at Man Utd, where he actually has more opportunity to play due to European competition.

However, if our coaching team did think that he would convert well to a holding midfielder, then that would be an interesting, but obviously risky, proposition. I think we would really benefit from having the physical presence that he would bring there, a Rodri or Fernandinho type player. I don't watch enough other football to know who else might be suitable, but I quite liked the look of Joćo Palhinha from what I saw of him during the Euros.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5575 on: July 29, 2021, 11:12:23 PM »
Tuanzebe on a perm, great. Loan... Not sure I see the point. We are at a point I want to see Villa puffing out their chests in the market and doing what it takes to get a couple of players that will make the world change the perception of us from a top 6 feeder club that just bends over to actually challenging them.

Agreed, no point loaning Tuanzebe again...but buy him permanently if the price is right.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5576 on: July 29, 2021, 11:20:20 PM »

Yeah, wouldn’t be looking at a loan.  Would be looking at a young option who can develop as a back up.  That is unless of course we have a young player who could step up.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5577 on: July 29, 2021, 11:20:50 PM »
I wouldn't buy him either. He's always injured, and was only just above okay in the Championship. He hasn't even got an England cap and Man U players normally get them as soon as they're out of the womb.

I agree on getting a young star in who can step up and compete. Basically, sign the next Konsa, whoever that may be.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5578 on: July 29, 2021, 11:29:43 PM »
Yeah, I never really want to hear Tuanzebe's name again. We're always being linked with him off the back of an average/decentish loan spell with us in Serie B two years plus ago. His career hasn't kicked-on since then, we as a club, have. Thank you, next.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5579 on: July 29, 2021, 11:32:40 PM »
Would surely be used as RB cover aswell if Cash gets suspension or injuries like last season.
we have Freddie G
Konsa can always play there if Dean still objects to Freddie, so Axel could step in at centre half.
If Dean object to Freddie, why keep the lad at all?!

French clubs can't pay what we want? I'm assuming 5-6m.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal